Reply/Quote
Thread of the year

[Image: dUlWKnX.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_lr480nQ5fL1qafrh6.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: afro-shaking-head-no.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don't get it...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Time has healed some of wounds and do not expect enough ridicule for Carson's Calvary to have to come to the rescue.

Will be hard to defend that debacle anyway if they choose to try.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:42 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Time has healed some of wounds and do not expect enough ridicule for Carson's Calvary to have to come to the rescue.

Will be hard to defend that debacle anyway if they choose to try.

I'll defend it by saying Carson was a 6th round pick turned into borderline MVP who has helped make the Cardinals relevant again and convinced Larry Fitzgerald to stick around and (likely) retire as a Cardinal.

With that being said, the guy stunk out loud tonight.  I'm sure Cardinals fans are already dying to trade 15 draft picks to the Browns so they can draft _______ to replace him.  Meh, their other options were to draft Geno Smith or something, so what can ya do?

They went 13-3 and made it to the NFC Championship game due to him being pretty good this year, so I'm not too terribly surprised they couldn't get past a 15-1 team to make it to the Super Bowl.  Honestly, everyone who KNEW Palmer was going to implode tonight also KNEW the Cardinals were never going to crack 8 wins with him, KNEW he'd never top an 85 passer rating, KNEW he'd never throw less than 20 INTs in a season, and KNEW he'd never win a playoff game.

So in summation, Carson isn't great, but he helped make the Cardinals a fairly relevant team.  And seeing as we all KNEW Super Bowl 50 was going to be the Seahawks and the Colts I would say some surprises are nice.  Plus, Bengals fans can act all smug that he lost! But hey, the Cardinals were 5-11 when he and BA showed up and they won 10, 11, and 13 games so I guess they resurrected the franchise like Marvin and Dalton and blah blah blah so on and so forth.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 04:00 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll defend it by saying Carson was a 6th round pick turned into borderline MVP who has helped make the Cardinals relevant again and convinced Larry Fitzgerald to stick around and (likely) retire as a Cardinal.

With that being said, the guy stunk out loud tonight.  I'm sure Cardinals fans are already dying to trade 15 draft picks to the Browns so they can draft _______ to replace him.  Meh, their other options were to draft Geno Smith or something, so what can ya do?

They went 13-3 and made it to the NFC Championship game due to him being pretty good this year, so I'm not too terribly surprised they couldn't get past a 15-1 team to make it to the Super Bowl.  Honestly, everyone who KNEW Palmer was going to implode tonight also KNEW the Cardinals were never going to crack 8 wins with him, KNEW he'd never top an 85 passer rating, KNEW he'd never throw less than 20 INTs in a season, and KNEW he'd never win a playoff game.

So in summation, Carson isn't great, but he helped make the Cardinals a fairly relevant team.  And seeing as we all KNEW Super Bowl 50 was going to be the Seahawks and the Colts I would say some surprises are nice.  Plus, Bengals fans can act all smug that he lost!  But hey, the Cardinals were 5-11 when he and BA showed up and they won 10, 11, and 13 games so I guess they resurrected the franchise like Marvin and Dalton and blah blah blah so on and so forth.

Carson had a good year.

Did not turn team around and make the Cardinals relevant again though.

Were they not like 10-6 the year before Carson's arrival in Bruce Arians first season as coach with one of the very best defenses in the NFL doubling their win total from the previous season ?

Should have been in playoffs that year too. But a very great Seattle team and a aging very good 49ers team happened to be in the same division. it was not rocket science to predict their rise. 

Right place, right time Carson was because this team was already rock solid in their prime and ready to make a run. 

Carson was an upgrade at QB and that was what was required. Maybe next year, but Palmers windows of opportunity are shrinking. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
oops guess Carson was playing there in 13.

Anyway, Carson is good, not great but good. Great deep ball passer even. But some will never forgive him, I am one.

For the record I predicted AZ vs Bengals to be the SB match up the last two years straight. So not everybody thought the sucked.

Believed Carson would put them over the top regardless of my hate for what he did to Bengals. They had all the tools just like the Bengals.

Still he will have to do much more quickly if history is to be kind to him. A lot of good QB's names are faded memories in this league shortly if no real deep playoff success is achieved.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 05:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: oops guess Carson was playing there in 13.

Anyway, Carson is good, not great but good. Great deep ball passer even. But some will never forgive him, I am one.

For the record I predicted AZ vs Bengals to be the SB match up the last two years straight. So not everybody thought the sucked.

Believed Carson would put them over the top regardless of my hate for what he did to Bengals. They had all the tools just like the Bengals.

Still he will have to do much more quickly if history is to be kind to him. A lot of good QB's names are faded memories in this league shortly if no real deep playoff success is achieved.

If the Cardinals never make it further than they do today I think Carson has a sort of Vinny Testaverde-style career.  Both guys were drafted 1st overall by franchises that were built-in career killing excuses at the time, and both found some late-career relevance that didn't lead to anything huge.  Until the Bengals or Raiders get a chance to show Carson how NOT to implode in a conference championship game it's hard to rag on the guy for hitting his ceiling. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 05:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If the Cardinals never make it further than they do today I think Carson has a sort of Vinny Testaverde-style career.  Both guys were drafted 1st overall by franchises that were built-in career killing excuses at the time, and both found some late-career relevance that didn't lead to anything huge.  Until the Bengals or Raiders get a chance to show Carson how NOT to implode in a conference championship game it's hard to rag on the guy for hitting his ceiling. 

There's a Nately120 over on the Cardinals board. Is that you, or are there two people with that name? Just curious. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Fred get the boys and saddle up one last time

[Image: 3419250126_1e0c5da0a7_o_d.jpg]

Lmao

He krapped himself in the NFC title game but he's also proven waaay better than you ever gave him credit for pretty much ever since he left and certainly since he's been in Arizona.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 05:01 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Carson had a good year.

Did not turn team around and make the Cardinals relevant again though.

Were they not like 10-6 the year before Carson's arrival in Bruce Arians first season as coach with one of the very best defenses in the NFL doubling their win total from the previous season ?

Should have been in playoffs that year too. But a very great Seattle team and a aging very good 49ers team happened to be in the same division. it was not rocket science to predict their rise. 

Right place, right time Carson was because this team was already rock solid in their prime and ready to make a run. 

Carson was an upgrade at QB and that was what was required. Maybe next year, but Palmers windows of opportunity are shrinking. 

No they were terrible and widen hunt got canned before Palmer got there.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 09:48 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Lmao

He krapped himself in the NFC title game but he's also proven waaay better than you ever gave him credit for pretty much ever since he left and certainly since he's been in Arizona.

I thought Carson was the same quarterback this season as he was when he was healthy with us. Able to make himself to look really good like a top tier QB, but still capable of falling flat on his face.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 07:50 AM)gobobro Wrote: There's a Nately120 over on the Cardinals board. Is that you, or are there two people with that name? Just curious. 

Cardinals board not approving my membership, good for them, lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 04:00 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll defend it by saying Carson was a 6th round pick turned into borderline MVP who has helped make the Cardinals relevant again and convinced Larry Fitzgerald to stick around and (likely) retire as a Cardinal.

So in summation, Carson isn't great, but he helped make the Cardinals a fairly relevant team.  And seeing as we all KNEW Super Bowl 50 was going to be the Seahawks and the Colts I would say some surprises are nice.  Plus, Bengals fans can act all smug that he lost!  But hey, the Cardinals were 5-11 when he and BA showed up and they won 10, 11, and 13 games so I guess they resurrected the franchise like Marvin and Dalton and blah blah blah so on and so forth.

Ummm……. Carson was the number 1 overall pick in 2003.   
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 07:50 AM)gobobro Wrote: There's a Nately120 over on the Cardinals board. Is that you, or are there two people with that name? Just curious. 

That's my evil twin.  Or maybe I'm the evil one...I forget.  Look, whatever you do just DON'T confuse me with the Nately120 who is on the S&M message boards, ok?

(01-25-2016, 12:10 PM)Auggie Wrote: Ummm……. Carson was the number 1 overall pick in 2003.   

The Cardinals got him for a 6th rounder in 2013.  What we and the Raiders gave up for him is irrelevant, is my point. The Cardinals got a pretty good return on investment by getting Palmer, I'd wager. That's all.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 05:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If the Cardinals never make it further than they do today I think Carson has a sort of Vinny Testaverde-style career.  Both guys were drafted 1st overall by franchises that were built-in career killing excuses at the time, and both found some late-career relevance that didn't lead to anything huge.  Until the Bengals or Raiders get a chance to show Carson how NOT to implode in a conference championship game it's hard to rag on the guy for hitting his ceiling. 

Agree with this except believe the Bengals would have already made conference championship without injuries and Dalton should have another 10 years to equal Carson's accomplishment. Believe he will in this time.

Agree with Testeverde comparison and would add Drew Bledsoe and Jeff George. Good QB's but not household names. Now Carson will never be a flop like David Carr, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, or Jarmarcus Russel. 

Yet still does not walk amongst the giants of first round QB's selected.

Such as your John Elway, Peyton Manning, Terry Bradshaw, or even Troy Aikman for that matter that have gotten it done in post season. 

The book is still being written about Carson, Sam Bradford, Alex Smith, Mathew Stafford, and Cam Newton to be fair. 

All still could cement themselves in greatness. Cam probably will, Smith and Carson possibly. But it will take SB Championships or at least participants in lieu of NFC Championship runner ups trophies to do  so. 

The window is beginning to close.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's my evil twin.  Or maybe I'm the evil one...I forget.  Look, whatever you do just DON'T confuse me with the Nately120 who is on the S&M message boards, ok?

The Cardinals got him for a 6th rounder in 2013.  What we and the Raiders gave up for him is irrelevant, is my point.  The Cardinals got a pretty good return on investment by getting Palmer, I'd wager.  That's all.
Good for the Cardinals. 

Who cares about that ? 

Plus NE only gave a 6th round pick for Tom Brady. So he will have to pick it up to even be known as one of the great 6th round selection.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Do not care one bit about what the Raiders do.

But am certainly hoping the Bengals do by taking it to the house one day. One day soon as well. 

Do you share this sentiment about Bengals ?  

Starting to wonder about the Carson calvary. Are they real Bengals fans or do they just want to be proven right about the venom they spew in defense of King Carson the Arizona Cardinal.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote