Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Month until Week Zero
Week Zero is usually the first week of college football. I know this year is alot different with alot of conferences opting for conference only games even if there is a season, but I thought it would be fun to start a thread about players we are looking forward to seeing in 2020... Also don't cop out with a Trevor Lawrence, Penei Sewell, Ja'Marr Chase, Gregory Rousseau, or Shaun Wade.

I going with a couple of Linemen in a conference I usually skim over the ACC.

Quincy Roche is a 6'5 235 DE/OLB formerly from Temple in the AAC now at Miami opposite of Rousseau. Roche is light but its not something that shows up on tape he is stout at the point of attack against the run and has an explosive first step and bend around the edge as a rusher. I'd like to see him get up to 255, drop more, and have a bit more motor along with doing the same thing in the ACC he did in the AAC. Roche has the makings of a first round edge defender.

Jackson Carman is Clemson's 6'5 345 Left Tackle put on any Clemson game vs an ACC opponent and watch him dominate at the line of scrimmage. He probably put more people in the ground that any tackle I remember seeing last year. He has the size feet and length to be an NFL tackle and a violent demeanor OL coaches love. Carman's is so good at playing at length but he can be a bit over aggressive and tends to play over his toes but he knows if he can get one hand on a guy its over.

Now I said look at Carman's ACC tape but then you have to watch the Clemson vs Ohio State game where he was matched up against Chase Young. Young was ready for him and used his aggressive nature against him. Young beat Carman like a drum most of the day not with size and athletic ability but with great technique. If Carman can be more patient with his punch this season he could become a top 15 tackle and a perfect fit for Cincy's right side... Did I mention Carman is an Ohio kid? grew up in Youngstown and played High School ball in Fairfield.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote