Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One Simple Word...Joe
I'm just amazed at his ball placement, even when he's moving around the pocket. If it's not right on the hands it's a good bet he was trying to keep it away from a defender. Boyd is great but probably even he doesn't make that catch late in the game if it's not right on his shoulder pad when he turns.

I should add, Green is only one he doesn't seem to hit that way consistently. That gives me hope that there's still a learning process between those two.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:03 PM)GodFather Wrote: How great does it feel to have a QB like Joe. No doubt in my mind he will be a top 3 QB sooner than later. He’s already breaking rookie records left and right. This guy just has a great football sense and is extremely smart in his decision making. Even though the team has only won 2 games so far it’s still exciting to watch Burrow every Sunday to see what he will do.

If anyone is going to change this team around it will be him and his leadership and playing.

With a ridiculous wind affecting the balls in the air, he never missed his targets.  He was insanely accurate, again, and every time he made adjustments at the LOS, it seemed to result in a good gain.  He is just as talented above the neck as he is athletically.  That is a large part of what makes him special.

That seven yard scramble was amazing.  If he got three more yards and a first down, it would have been on every highlight reel for years to come.  

If he finds a way to knock of pitt in a couple weeks (not to sound like Negative Nancy, but the Titans are having all kinds of problems on defense, pitt, not so much) then I will ask Joe to marry me.  And I am straight.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We are set a QB for years to come & couldn't have made a better selection.
Reply/Quote
Accuracy and intelligence is off the charts.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I trust him to make a play.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I dont't pay too much attention to the records, as they will be broken soon enough with the way the game is evolving. What I love about the guy is the play is never over till it's over. He has an uncanny calmness and awareness for a QB regardless of experience- let alone for a rookie with no real offseason. He's accurate and athletic enough to use his legs when necessary. And that one play we all loved yesterday demonstrated more play strength than we probably realized he possessed. I think his arm strength will keep improving also, though he'll never have a howitzer.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: With a ridiculous wind affecting the balls in the air, he never missed his targets.  He was insanely accurate, again, and every time he made adjustments at the LOS, it seemed to result in a good gain.  He is just as talented above the neck as he is athletically.  That is a large part of what makes him special.

That seven yard scramble was amazing.  If he got three more yards and a first down, it would have been on every highlight reel for years to come.  

If he finds a way to knock of pitt in a couple weeks (not to sound like Negative Nancy, but the Titans are having all kinds of problems on defense, pitt, not so much) then I will ask Joe to marry me.  And I am straight.  

(11-02-2020, 12:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Accuracy and intelligence is off the charts.

Yep his football IQ is just amazing. He sees everything.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SWEET

I wonder if the pic was taken during his Fran Tarkenton 2.0 scramble ? Yes I'm old enough that I saw him play.
Reply/Quote
Did anyone catch Fred Johnson celebrating during Joe Burrows dipsy-doo run to escape from being sacked? It was sort of funny. He's raising his arms like he's saying "hell ya!" instead of throwing a block to help him out.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How dare Keifer Sutherland leave Burrow hanging lol

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Accuracy and intelligence is off the charts.

:andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 03:29 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Did anyone catch Fred Johnson celebrating during Joe Burrows dipsy-doo run to escape from being sacked?  It was sort of funny.  He's raising his arms like he's saying "hell ya!" instead of throwing a block to help him out.

When I saw that I thought he was just putting his arms up as if to say "No ref, I'm not blocking in the back!".  I haven't looked again though.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He's fun to watch for sure...and rewriting the rookie record books in the process.

He plays with the kind of confidence and moxy that I haven't seen in a Bengals QB since Boomer.
Yep. Did anyone see him skipping off the field after one of his TD passes like he did at LSU??

He's starting to feel it...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I have a feeling that the Fat guy in Pittsburgh may be in his last year. Yeah, they are playing well as a team, but I just don't see him hanging around to be the 3rd or 4th best QB in the AFCN. He's watching Burrow, and knows he will soon be the cream along with Lamar. His ego won't take it. I bet he says he's going out on top and retires.

Been some rumors along these lines, that pitt would be looking to get Sam Darnold from the Jets after they take a QB (hopefully Fields) with the first pick in the draft.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:24 PM)samhain Wrote: Kevin Huber is getting a lot of rest over the last 2 weeks.

Heard he wants traded due to reduced playing time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Heard More Egger and Tony Pike stating on the radio today that Joe is the 2nd best QB in the AFC behind Mahomes. Hard to argue against that. And we're just getting started
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:22 AM)Roland Wrote: I'm just amazed at his ball placement

He scares the crap out of me sometimes throwing it into windows where it looks like it has to be intercepted, only to have a completion.....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 08:48 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Heard More Egger and Tony Pike stating on the radio today that Joe is the 2nd best QB in the AFC behind Mahomes. Hard to argue against that. And we're just getting started

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, if infact they said this. 

Burrow is 12th/16 AFC QBs in passer rating

and 12th/16 AFC QBs in QBR
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:02 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, if infact they said this. 

Burrow is 12th/16 AFC QBs in passer rating

and 12th/16 AFC QBs in QBR

Name another qb in the AFC not named Mahomes you'd start your franchise around
Reply/Quote