Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Thing I Liked About Taylor Today
One thing, and it might be the only thing, that I liked that Taylor did today is that he benched Gio and Williams right away when they fumbled.

Marvin never would have done that where players were held accountable.

We need more of that on this team and overall in this organization.

I hope our next coach brings that.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 06:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: One thing, and it might be the only thing, that I liked that Taylor did today is that he benched Gio and Williams right away when they fumbled.

The premise is incorrect. And the point is asinine
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 06:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: One thing, and it might be the only thing, that I liked that Taylor did today is that he benched Gio and Williams right away when they fumbled.  

Yeah, let's bench a guy that fumbles for the first time in like 830 carries, ie the longest streak in the league.  Nevemind the LG that it took Taylor and his turds 2 weeks to bench after he got our franchise quarterbacks knee ripped apart.  

Accountability for the win!
Reply/Quote
I don’t like that. If mistakes continue to pile up, then sure. However, making your players think that if they mess up once, they will be benched isn’t the greatest philosophy.
Reply/Quote
I remember Marvin benching some guy name Ross and Bengals fans losing their minds over how mean he was being.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is only my opinion — so go ahead and flame me if you want — but I think Zac did the wrong thing today pulling Giovani Bernard and Trayveon Williams after fumbling. I would have given those guys the ball on the next play. They needed a boost of confidence not punishment.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 06:13 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don’t like that. If mistakes continue to pile up, then sure. However, making your players think that if they mess up once, they will be benched isn’t the greatest philosophy.

If anything it shows what a hack Taylor is.  There are plenty of guys that deserved benching over the course of this season.  Making an example of a guy that fumbles less than almost anyone in the league seems like grasping at straws to make yourself seem like a tough guy coach when the world knows you're not.  

It's obvious that this staff has their guys that they refuse to hold accountable, then another set of guys to make examples of.  Joke coaching on full display.
Reply/Quote

Took him until the Bengals were officially eliminated from playoffs to bench Michael Jordan, a guy who has been the worst planned starter since 2019. That alone shows his accountability is inconsistent.

I would prefer the Bengals find a coach who has a better eye for talent, not just one who benches one bad player in favor of another bad one.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
What?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 06:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Took him until the Bengals were officially eliminated from playoffs to bench Michael Jordan, a guy who has been the worst planned starter since 2019. That alone shows his accountability is inconsistent.

I would prefer the Bengals find a coach who has a better eye for talent, not just one who benches one bad player in favor of another bad one.

Exactly

He kept Finley on the roster, why ?
Reply/Quote
Marvin benches a guy and everyone calls him out for it. Zac benches a guy and hes a revolutionary. Marvin refused to put them on the field if there was someone better. Zac is drawing straws.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 06:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I remember Marvin benching some guy name Ross and Bengals fans losing their minds over how mean he was being.

Yep, Marvin saw Ross coming miles away. Sadly, the front office didn't listen to him.

Funny how Bernard's replacement promptly fumbled. LOL

It's just another excuse from Taylor in his long parade of excuses. His team just lost to a 3 win team. Taylor IS his record and his record is the worst of all active head coaches in the league.

All rookie head coaches this season have more wins this year than Taylor has in his career (16 extra games).

Pathetic!

Reply/Quote
I liked that he further strengthened the argument that he should be fired.

Keep it up, Zac! Keep completely embarrassing yourself out there, so the front office has no choice but to move on. You're doing great, buddy!
Reply/Quote

I think this is what I disliked about Taylor the most. You get the best results out of players when you give them another shot. Gio came back in after the first half. What a petty fricken move by Taylor IMO. Guy hasnt fumbled in over 800 carries and then finally does, so you remove him for the rest of the 1st half? Gios' 30+ yrs old. Your not teaching him a lesson. He knows what he did wrong. Petty shit.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 06:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

He kept Finley on the roster, why ?

I can understand not dropping money into a good veteran backup until you're ready to truly compete (which they aren't).
But Finley is ultra-bad. In college though, he was rather accurate (67%) on paper and threw for nearly 4000 yards and had 25 TDs with just 11 INTs. But when you dug more into those numbers, you would find that anything 10+ yards resulted in a BIG drop in accuracy. He gets worse when pressured. Combine his tiny arm with this sieve of an OL, he had no chance to ever succeed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

You serious? Marvin benched Ross for an entire season after he fumbled on his first ever touch.

Reply/Quote
Hip should never have been benched for that 1 in 830 carries fumble.The Guy came from behind Gio and punched it out.In other words,he couldn’t see it coming,in order to make any adjustments.Another stupid decision by Taylor.Although I am glad we got to see some play from Williams and Perrine.
Reply/Quote
Reads like Zac getting fired after the season. Sounds like that needs to happen
Reply/Quote
Yeah, that's cool. Can we fire Zac already?

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I mean, the way I see it is, "who gives you the best chance to win the game?" Admittedly, we don't really have a chance to win many games the rest of the year, but with Mixon out, I don't see any running back giving us a better chance at winning than Gio. Why would we bench him? Mistakes happen. Every running back eventually fumbles. If you're waiting for a reason to bench a player over a mistake, you're gonna end up with a lot of people on the bench by the end of the season.
Reply/Quote