Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Touchdown against a bad defense?
(09-30-2016, 11:55 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Honestly, the passing game is struggling when it counts the most - the red zone.

We have plenty of time to fix that before NE. 

And Eifert will be back. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
That "bad defense" held Seattle to 12 points.

Stop whining.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 10:21 AM)GodFather Wrote: I agree, our score should've been in the 30's. This Miami team is not a good team at all and a win isn't exactly ground breaking. The fact is this isn't the kind of team we have to win to go deep into the playoffs. It would be the Broncos, Steelers, Pats. And were 0-2 against those level teams so far.

This offensive line is so bad it couldn't man handle one of the worst run defenses in the NFL right now. Will we win the Miami type games this year? Absolutely. Will we beat the best of the best and actually win a playoff game this year? Nope. I don't believe for a second something will magically change over the course of the year. It certainly hasn't through 4 weeks improved, its not going to "just" happen.

So Suh, Williams, and Wake are pushovers? O line did an excellent job in the passing game. 
Reply/Quote
Yes CJ dropped a TD. When you fail to catch a ball in your wheelhouse and there was nothing keeping you from the end zone you dropped a TD. Boyd's was worse because he was in the end zone and the ball came right in on the numbers.

Drops have been a big issue so far this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 12:53 PM)Fresno B Wrote: So Suh, Williams, and Wake are pushovers? O line did an excellent job in the passing game. 

Yep, but excellent is pushing it, and they still looked like steaming hot dogshit in the run game.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
  • Give Zampese some time before name calling and making premature judgments. 
  • The running game is clearly an issue for the offense to click.  Makes the offense too predictable if one dimensional. 
  • Og may be the part of the issue, but the offensive line is simply not sustain blocks like last year.   Of course, Fisher didn't look great either.
I am concerned but I also trust the defense to help out through the growing pains.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Team played much better but O-line is still a major concern.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 04:16 AM)Trademark Wrote: I'm not being a cry baby or anything and it was good to see us get back on track but how do we only manage to score one touchdown against a bad defense?

How many did Seattle score against this bad defense ?????    waiting waiting.... ONE... 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Team played much better but O-line is still a major concern.

No it's not, just ask ol Fresno!  LOL

Seriously, they looked better in pass pro last night, and Dalton helped them a play or two by scrambling, and Zampese once, calling a rollout.  It was improvement, hopefully it continues.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How many did Seattle score against this bad defense ?????    waiting waiting.... ONE... 

Seattle is having its own struggles trying to replace Beast Mode.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 12:53 PM)Fresno B Wrote: So Suh, Williams, and Wake are pushovers? O line did an excellent job in the passing game. 

Well when your ranked 28th against the run in defense, I wouldn't exactly call them a powerhouse defensive line. So no I wouldn't say the offensive line did an excellent job. Take your homer hat off. Did that excellent line let the running game get into the end zone once? 

They had no push at all in the red zone no matter what the call was. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How many did Seattle score against this bad defense ?????    waiting waiting.... ONE... 

First of all, Seattle has never been known as any type of offensive juggernaut.  Second, they were ranked near the absolute bottom against the run and we managed 2.1 yards per carry last night.  When you're facing a team that is terrible against the run, you would think they would be able to punch it in from inside the five.  Especially when they are bringing in extra blockers to help.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 10:46 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: R-E-L-A-X

The offensive front line seems to already be doing that with the performance they've shown this season thus far  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Seattle is having its own struggles trying to replace Beast Mode.

Completely off subject, but how great is that commercial where he is sitting in the corner, playing on his phone, and says "you all need to work on your people skills" Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:16 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: First of all, Seattle has never been known as any type of offensive juggernaut.  Second, they were ranked near the absolute bottom against the run and we managed 2.1 yards per carry last night.  When you're facing a team that is terrible against the run, you would think they would be able to punch it in from inside the five.  Especially when they are bringing in extra blockers to help.

No shit!

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:21 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Completely off subject, but how great is that commercial where he is sitting in the corner, playing on his phone, and says "you all need to work on your people skills" Hilarious

Dude, I LMAO'd when I saw that....glad I wasn't taking a sip of something when that came on!

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Seattle is having its own struggles trying to replace Beast Mode.

Indeed. They only put up 3 points against the Rams.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And most of us thought it would be the passing game that struggled with all the new WR, and no Eifert. 

About your sig...

Geno has attained another level. Making Olinemen sack their own QB. 

Show me another DT that can do that!!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: No shit!

Don't you love when we play a team they always have a great ____.????

"Our offensive line played the Jets defense, that defense is one of the best in the NFL thats why"  

Funny the Bills shut that line down easily with a 1-2 record

"The Steelers are hard to run against, thats why the OL played poorly"

The Eagles didn't have trouble at all against the mighty Steelers.

"We lost to the defending SB champions what do you expect?"  

To win Rocky.....WIN!

"So Suh, Williams and wake are pushovers? O line did an excellent job in the passing game"

This year they are complete pushovers, unless its against the Bengals O-Line. They barely beat the Browns with a 3rd string QB. Or is Cleveland the next powerhouse too?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 10:52 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Bengals are at 3.1 per carry which ranks 30th in the NFL.

Nothing too out of the ordinary there...

Bengals' Yards per Carry rankings:

2006- 25th
2007- 28th
2008- 30th
2009- 24th
2010- 32nd
2011- 27th
2012- 20th
2013- 28th
2014- 12th
2015- 23rd
2016- 30th

We have 2 of the top RB prospects from their respective classes. Hill is averaging 3.8 ypc and Gio is averaging 2.7. That says it all to me. No matter who we trot out, we never have much of a run game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote