Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One and Done Steelers
Whenever Bengals went one and done, all of sports made fun of our Bengals. So I'm glad Steelers went one and done. I'm also glad Browns went one and done, but I'm more happy Steelers went one and done. A big part of this is how area Browns and Steelers fans laughed when Bengals lost in play-offs and they even celebrated 49ers or Rams winning over Bengals in Super Bowls. Then there was the 2005 and 2015 play-off games between Bengals and Steelers to make me happy Steelers went one and done in Buffalo.

I could root for Ravens to go one and done, but I'm not getting my hopes up because they have a quarterback you can not defense, plus they have a defense to stop most quarterbacks, and they get to play at home in Baltimore except the Super Bowl. So Ravens have a good shot at winning it all. I am glad that Steelers went one and done. I was getting tired of hearing how great Cleveland is also, as Sam Wyche said, We don't live in Cleveland. The Steelers going one and done was great to me, because of the 2005 and 2015 Bengals vs Steelers play-off games.

Clev Sux

Pitt SuxPitt SuxPitt Sux
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Ravens are the best team in the NFL.... they still have to play the games though.

I like Lamar and I am rooting for him, even if I can't stand the team.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 08:59 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: The Ravens are the best team in the NFL.... they still have to play the games though.

I like Lamar and I am rooting for him, even if I can't stand the team.

maybe unpopular take : I think Id rather miss the playoffs then go "one and done". just IMO
People tend to remember that horrid playoff loss over everything else. ..especially if getting curb stomped like Dallas, Steelers, Browns, Eagles and Dolphins
The Rams / Lions game was the only good competitive one. Rams seem to have a bright future as they HIT bigtime in draft
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 11:46 AM)kalibengal Wrote: maybe unpopular take : I think Id rather miss the playoffs then go "one and done". just IMO
People tend to remember that horrid playoff loss over everything else. ..especially if getting curb stomped like Dallas, Steelers, Browns, Eagles and Dolphins
The Rams / Lions game was the only good competitive one. Rams seem to have a bright future as they HIT bigtime in draft

So you would rather not make the playoffs like the Jets[Since Jan 2011] then go "one and done" like usually Dallas and the Steelers???  Whatever
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 11:46 AM)kalibengal Wrote: maybe unpopular take : I think Id rather miss the playoffs then go "one and done". just IMO

Not an unpopular take. We went 1 and done 5 years in a row and a whole lot of people said the exact same thing. What I find comforting is we went 9-8, without our starting QB being healthy for the beginning and the end of the season, and played the toughest schedule in the league. Meanwhile, the Bucs went 9-8 with one of the easiest schedules and shut down the Eagles. Anything can happen in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I enjoyed when Pickens threw a fit after he didn't get that flag. Had someone like Chad done that the league would be mocking it for years. I mean he was almost crying. I was crying with laughter. Good times had by all. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2024, 01:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not an unpopular take. We went 1 and done 5 years in a row and a whole lot of people said the exact same thing. What I find comforting is we went 9-8, without our starting QB being healthy for the beginning and the end of the season, and played the toughest schedule in the league. Meanwhile, the Bucs went 9-8 with one of the easiest schedules and shut down the Eagles. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Gotta make it to the Dance to have a chance
Reply/Quote
Glad to get that win. The Steelers always give the Bills trouble and when they blocked that kick I figured here we go. But they held tough.

So amped for this Chiefs game but learned you gotta enjoy each playoff win while you have it because you can go many years without seeing another one.

Hope we can beat the swifties next week. The ultimate euphoric win or devastating loss though. If they lose it'll be a very depressing offseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 02:16 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: Glad to get that win. The Steelers always give the Bills trouble and when they blocked that kick I figured here we go. But they held tough.

So amped for this Chiefs game but learned you gotta enjoy each playoff win while you have it because you can go many years without seeing another one.

Hope we can beat the swifties next week. The ultimate euphoric win or devastating loss though. If they lose it'll be a very depressing offseason.

If you lose then rename HighMark Stadium to MahomesMark Stadium.  Ninja
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote