Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One and Done for Cleveland
Hey, people use to throw it on Bengals. How long since Cleveland won a play-off game ? Has to be a long time ago.

Anybody remember Cleveland trading 3 years of #1 draft picks to Houston to get Watson. Many on here said smart move by Cleveland. I said smart move by Houston in having 2 First Round Picks in 2022, 2023 and 2024. I never thought it would have Houston beating Cleveland in a play-off game so fast. Those picks did get Houston the right quarterback and other top pick players, with more to come in 2024 draft thanks to Watson trade.

Now I'm hoping Steelers go ONE and DONE. Next week I could hope Ravens go One and Done, but Baltimore really is a Super Bowl type team this year.

Anyway, I'm hoping Browns and Steelers seasons end a few days after Bengals season ended. Steelers have to play at Buffalo, and I like Allen over Rudolph. I think we end up with another Allen vs Mahomes game next week.

Bengals finishing 9-8 and Browns and Steelers a few days later going One and Done is fine by me. Browns and Steelers fans do not root for Bengals in play-offs, so I don't root for them in play-offs. Especially Steelers and 2005 and 2015 play-off memories. I hope Bills clobber them.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 09:57 AM)kevin Wrote: How long since Cleveland won a play-off game ?  Has to be a long time ago.

Not really. They beat the Steelers in 2020.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Browns with their whole QB cluster issue have been on borrowed time for awhile now. I never believed they were a real SB threat as was being talked about a couple weeks ago. I didn't really think they'd get curb stomped like they did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nobody said it was a good deal for the Browns.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Good thing they lost, keeps them quiet and in line. he!
Reply/Quote
Enjoyed watching that. Same with the smacking the Cowboys just got.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 08:56 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Good thing they lost, keeps them quiet and in line. he!

On their message board, one guy started a thread asking if Cleveland will be SB favorites next year. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 08:56 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Good thing they lost, keeps them quiet and in line. he!

During the game last Sunday they showed a Browns fan on camera that was holding a sign that read "Super Bowl Bound."   Well, I hope he at least had fun making the sign.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 10:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: During the game last Sunday they showed a Browns fan on camera that was holding a sign that read "Super Bowl Bound."   Well, I hope he at least had fun making the sign.  

There is zero in between with them.

Reply/Quote
Almost as depressing as finding the winning powerball ticket worth millions beside the trash can at a gas station.  Of course I've personally never found a winning powerball ticket worth millions anywhere, but I'm pretty sure I'd be equally depressed as I am about the Browns and Joe Fake-o going one and done if I did.. I dunno..maybe I should reexamine my priorities.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote