Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One before the numbers blind us
Wanted to get one in before the combine and with the official comp picks, using the rankings of NFL Draft Scout since CBS used to be my favorite for that.

1. Orlando Brown Jr., 6' 7" 345lb RT. I haven't changed my mind on getting a monster at RT to get back to the Willie Anderson days. There are two traits that Brown has that just can't be taught and that's his size and his bloodlines. Sure he needs some technique improvement and more time out of the 3-point stance, but I'm confident he'll make the improvements he needs to make just as he's done in college, improving his body composition.
[Image: 5622da9e9fbef.image_-900x450.jpg]

2. Rashaan Evans, 6'2" 232lb LB. Versatile linebacker that can play inside or outside, stop the run or rush the passer. I'd put him at SAM and some pass rush packages. Time to get Burfict some real help at linebacker, no more late round projects.
[Image: Arkansas_Alabama_Foot_Jone_28_r600x400.j...cfaff1b604]

3a. Brian O'Neill, 6'5" 305lb LT. Former TE with very good athleticism. Still developing and probably isn't ready to start right away, but huge upside as a shutdown LT prospect.
[Image: 8813197-ncaa-football-pittsburgh-iowa.jpg]

3b. Mike Gesicki, 6'5" 245lb TE. Huge red zone target, more receiver than blocker. Needs to keep adding weight and improving blocking effort.
[Image: mike-gesicki-ncaa-football-indiana-penn-...90x900.jpg]

4.  Mason Cole, 6'3" 303 C. Played all over the line at Michigan, I'd prefer him at center with his build and tenacity.
[Image: ejlyrjsjygwwrnqc4u6h]

5a. Chad Thomas, 6'5" 277lb DE. Lots of athleticism that never really maxed out. Maybe with proper coaching and motivation, we could have Dunlap's replacement in a couple of years.
[Image: Josh+Jackson+Chad+Thomas+Virginia+Tech+v...pRlEXl.jpg]

5b. Nic Shimonek, 6'3" 225 QB. Intriguing prospect with lots of arm talent, but only 1 year starting experience.
[Image: Nic+Shimonek+Kansas+v+Texas+Tech+pOVwhom0HFkl.jpg]

6. Michael Badgley, 5'10" 186lb K. Maybe the Bengals try to do the right thing again and get a long term solution at kicker.
[Image: 091016-spt-um-vs-fau-024.jpg?w=640]

7's. Don't really care, going to be really hard to make the team this year with so many draft picks. Look for some DB/WR/ST help would be my goal.
Reply/Quote
Aside from your 1st round pick, I think it looks pretty solid. I could be happy with those players.

Why I don't like your 1st round pick? I see him as a huge, fat oaf that doesn't move well, and gets his ass kicked in run blocking. Not who we need at RT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 07:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Aside from your 1st round pick, I think it looks pretty solid. I could be happy with those players.

Why I don't like your 1st round pick? I see him as a huge, fat oaf that doesn't move well, and gets his ass kicked in run blocking. Not who we need at RT.

Insert quenton Nelson for brown and this draft is off the rails good
Reply/Quote
Agreed about Orlando, made me not like the draft right off the bat. But then he got O'Neill and Cole and all was good.

Pretty damn fine draft overall. I don't hate Orlando Brown as much as Sunset either, he is just a RT not a LT so when you
picked up O'Neill like i said it made it all good. Really like the Rashaan Evans, Gesicki and Thomas picks.

Nice job Yojimbo. :andy:
Reply/Quote
The O'Neil kid is starting to grow on me. I haven't watched Pitt much, but did see the upset of Miami. My only problem is, we need a LT, like yesterday not next season. Put me in the camp of not really a fan of Brown. IMO he's this far up because his QB at OU was pretty good at escaping the pocket and moving around.
Reply/Quote
Thought this might happen due to the combine, but Brown is officially off my radar for the first 2 rounds. Only 14 reps, a 5.77 forty and a 2.00 10 yard split , screams lack of explosion or power.
Reply/Quote