Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One last mock
[Image: giphy.gif]

1. Frank Ragnow, 6'5" 312, C. Maybe giving a new o-line coach his choice of centers to instill his philosophy into the unit is the fastest way to improve the entire unit (under current situation, post Glenn trade)? Frank's a beast and besides all the football top grades and accolades, he was also SEC Honor Roll.
[Image: HOGS_Gallery_232_r600x400.jpg?689b03237e...cfaff1b604]

2. Justin Reid, 6' 207, FS. We've been looking at a couple of veteran safeties this offseason. Let's just save the money and get a younger version for less. Oh, and Reid would fill a need as a safety that can cover TE's and CB's, while generating turnovers.
[Image: bng-l-stanford01-0827.jpg?w=620]

3a. Chukwuma Okorafor, 6'6" 320, OT. Can play either tackle spot, so start him out competing for RT and back-up LT. Then we have future LT after Glenn moves on in 3 years.
[Image: Okorafor.jpg?itok=h72KBAAw]

3b. Oren Burks, 6'3" 233, Anywhere. This guy can play all over the field. I'd put him at WLB to start, but could play Mike too. Team captain and tackling machine, my kind of linebacker.
[Image: r172572_576x324_16-9.jpg]

4. Kevin Toliver II, 6'2" 192, CB. Fits the Bengals mold of length at corner. Needs maturing and technique work, so perfect fit sitting behind our starting 4 for a year.
[Image: 635807858184425855-LSUFL17.jpg]

5a. Troy Fumagalli, 6'5" 247, TE. A deep TE class pushes a really good dual-purpose TE right into our laps in the 5th round.
[Image: USATSI_10455372.1c661dd4.fill-735x490.jpg]

5b. Wyatt Teller, 6'4" 314, OG. Bit of a project, but very interesting former defensive background, but weight lifted himself into an all-conference offensive lineman.
[Image: vt_fb_wyatt_teller_2014_06.jpg]

5c. Eddy Pineiro, 6'0" 185, K. One more try and this time he better stick.
[Image: IMG_9462.jpg]

7a,b,c. I really hope we package some 5's and 7's to move around or even pick up better picks next season. Probably looking at QB, D-line, RB otherwise.
[Image: 12058222_G.jpg]
[Image: atkins1002-e1443744402329.jpg]
[Image: 635497950220479088-Boone3.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I like it Oren Burkes was a surprise
Reply/Quote
Nice, I'll take it!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I read something this morning that Reid and a couple others are part of a under rated safety class that could see Reid and a few sneak into the late 1st early 2nd. I'd love the pick for sure though, and if they do climb that'll push some others down to us.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 08:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: I read something this morning that Reid and a couple others are part of a under rated safety class that could see Reid and a few sneak into the late 1st early 2nd. I'd love the pick for sure though, and if they do climb that'll push some others down to us.

I agree that he could slip into the 1st round for sure but with so many QB's going in the 1st and a pretty strong CB class at the top some players are still going to slide even if they have the talent to be a first rounder. Not sure if that would be Reid or not but wouldn't be surprising either way. Would be a very solid draft if it turned out this way though. Ragnow starts day one, Reid is in the rotation and could be a real playmaker from multiple spots on the field. Follow it with Okorafor, Burks, and Toliver and that is some more guys that could see the field early or on special teams or for Okorafor as an extra tackle. Well done Yojimbo
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
One of my favorite Mocks just with the opening meme Hilarious   and the first 3 selections...

Still want an End somewhere though Yo.

Sign me up for Ragnow, Reid and Okorafor early though, damn would love this shit. Shocked

Also must add that Wyatt Teller just looks like a beast. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: One of my favorite Mocks just with the opening meme Hilarious   and the first 3 selections...

Still want an End somewhere though Yo.

Sign me up for Ragnow, Reid and Okorafor early though, damn would love this shit. Shocked

Also must add that Wyatt Teller just looks like a beast. Mellow

Teller looks like Lattimer from The Program.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 04:05 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Teller looks like Lattimer from The Program.

He does, if he plays half as tough as he looks i want the guy on my team.
Reply/Quote
Gotta say this is one of my favorite mocks this offseason.

I love the Toliver, Burks, and Teller picks. Burks played everywhere Safety Star OLB and ILB. Teller is a a guy defensive linemen will hate to line up across from. He will not only drive you into thr ground but will slam you off the turf a couple times for good measure.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Good draft! And thank=you for not taking Orlando Brown.
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna jump right in line with everyone else, my favorite mock!!
Reply/Quote
How interesting will the dynamic be if the Bengals draft Reid after the whole deal with his brother a couple weeks ago?
Reply/Quote
The more that I look at this mock, the more I like it. With the way Ragnow is shooting up the ratings boards, this could very well be my favorite Mock of the season.

It's just full of players that I like, from top to bottom. Okorafor will be developmental for at least a year, so if we can milk a season out of what we already have, he should be ready to start in '19. Same with Toliver, he should be an instant hit on 'teams, as well as gain increasingly valuable reps in rotation. Fumagalli is a athletic tough guy. He could easily bump someone off the roster, and even push Kroft for the TE2 spot as the year rolls on.

Well done! ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:34 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: How interesting will the dynamic be if the Bengals draft Reid after the whole deal with his brother a couple weeks ago?

I was thinking about that too, when I made the pick. Maybe the Bengals brought Eric for some inside info on Justin? LOL
Reply/Quote
I changed my mind on Oren Burks ,yeah he had a good combine,but game tape he was also chasing from behind,out of position.and couldn't hardly tackle the runner,I think he's turn out bad. The rest I do like.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 02:57 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I changed my mind on Oren Burks ,yeah he had a good combine,but game tape he was also chasing from behind,out of position.and couldn't hardly tackle the runner,I think he's turn out bad. The rest I do like.

That’s why he’s a 4th rounder and not a first rounder. He needs coaching, technique work and experience learning just one position.
Reply/Quote