Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of These Two Or Both This Sunday
1. Steelers will taunt the Bengals into personal fouls that will either keep drives alive for their offense, or kill Bengals drives.

2. Refs will make phantom holding calls or non-calls to keep Steeler drives alive or kill Bengals drives.

Bengals will lose ... AGAIN!

I will gladly and hopefully belly up to the crow buffet, in the event, but I doubt that will be likely!
Reply/Quote
It's Marvin Lewis vs Pittsburgh, a matchup he loses 75% of the time. I don't think anybody is expecting us to win but we can always hope for a miracle
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 05:39 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: It's Marvin Lewis vs Pittsburgh, a matchup he loses 75% of the time. I don't think anybody is expecting us to win but we can always hope for a miracle

Agreed Pat, not sure if some of these predictions are based on hope or not, but there are some who are predicting a victory on Sunday.  I firmly believe there is some under handed stuff going on in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers have totally dominated Marvin Lewis led Bengals teams ! They come out of the locker room with their tails tucked between their legs and break down like a double barreled shotgun at the first sign of adversity !

I'm going into this game expecting more of the same, why wouldn't we ? Perhaps maybe, somehow, someway, this team can lose the tutu they wear against the Steelers and remember they pull their pants on just like we do ?

They need to in a very bad way which again with Marvin's track record makes me even more sure they'll spit the bit.

Here's to miracles :andy: Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am the obvious minority that will be called a homer, but I see the Bengals winning a very close game because their (the Bengals) defense is better and their offense will have some new things for pitt that they were able to install in the bye week.

One thing will be for certain....both teams will be beat up Monday AM.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 05:31 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 1.  Steelers will taunt the Bengals into personal fouls that will either keep drives alive for their offense, or kill Bengals drives.

2.  Refs will make phantom holding calls or non-calls to keep Steeler drives alive or kill Bengals drives.

Bengals will lose ... AGAIN!

I will gladly and hopefully belly up to the crow buffet, in the event, but I doubt that will be likely!

you forgot

3. Burfict will get a unsportsmanlike call while multiple Steelers will do the same thing and get absolutely no call at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 07:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: you forgot

3. Burfict will get a unsportsmanlike call while multiple Steelers will do the same thing and get absolutely no call at all.

I already sort of alluded to this in another thread.  Burfict will fart and get penalized and Mitchell and Shazier will head hunt and possibly end of seriously injuring Bengal players, with no penalties or fines, with the NFL explanation, when questioned, being that the Steelers just playing 'hard nosed football'!

[I'm not on the bandwagon of 'Burfict the victim' Coach Utts .... just don't like the double standards and preferential treatment.]  (Just trying to avoid a misunderstood dress down from the best!!!)
Reply/Quote
The Stealers may be a bit more circumspect in their headhunting as Mitchell's antics in the Chiefs game are getting more publicized now and not being suppressed like usual.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 08:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: The Stealers may be a bit more circumspect in their headhunting as Mitchell's antics in the Chiefs game are getting more publicized now and not being suppressed like usual.

I hope you're right JL, but if I were them, knowing that they get the preferential treatment from the NFL, I would continue status quo until the flags and penalties start flying.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 08:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: The Stealers may be a bit more circumspect in their headhunting as Mitchell's antics in the Chiefs game are getting more publicized now and not being suppressed like usual.

I'd like to think that the attention will change things, but a fine is nothing. A fine changes nothing, look no further than Burfict or Harrison back in the day. The fines didn't alter them nor the media attention. What changed it was when they finally got a suspension.

I'm sure mitchell will get an envelope and a slap on the wrist fine, but with all the previous fines he has gathered, it's past due time for a suspension. Until that suspension happens, both him and shazier will just do what they do with the crown of the helmet and try to take guys out.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Yawn.

Reply/Quote
The lack of discipline is a concern as long as Marvin Lewis is our coach. We have never controlled our emotions and I dont expect it to happen this week.

The best thing we can hope for is an honest officiating crew who look closely for Squealer cheap shots.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

It will be business as usual for their dirty ways. 

They know their immune and have a stack of "get out of jail free" cards when it comes to NFL. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 07:21 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: One thing will be for certain....both teams will be beat up Monday AM.

Fans as well. Chance of Monday hangover? 100%

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 07:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Fans as well. Chance of Monday hangover? 100%

I'm pretty pumped.  I am going to watch at my buddy's house in NKY, then watch the season opener of The Walking Dead (really the only show I watch outside of football).  I will just crash at his house and then work NKY the next morning (it is part of my territory).  

I will take my cheesy Bengals tie to wear after the victory to work on Monday.  
Reply/Quote

Problem is, it's not. I have not heard one Chief's fan call into NFL radio complaining. And the only articles I've seen on it were linked here. It's like it never happened.... I'm starting to think he won't even be fined...
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 08:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Problem is, it's not. I have not heard one Chief's fan call into NFL radio complaining. And the only articles I've seen on it were linked here. It's like it never happened.... I'm starting to think he won't even be fined...

ESPN and NFL Network shills defended it, saying shit like:  "When you watch it in slow motion, you can see he tripped, but in real time I understand why Alex Smith reacted like he did".  Almost saying Smith was being a drama queen?

Amazing how the machine is always one step ahead to diffuse the story.  PFT did a story about Martavias Bryant's girlfriend saying he wanted traded.  His girlfriend.  Great investigative work by those steeler ball suckers.  I even hammered them in comments (cleanly) but, of course, they didn't pass the review process.

What a bunch of *****.  
Reply/Quote
I'll just be happy if they actually call it a touchdown when our guy catches the ball in the endzone and rule it not a TD when a Steelers player is juggling the ball out of bounds.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 07:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: you forgot

:andy: :andy: :andy:

Plus Steelers o-line will hold the entire game.

Seen this professional wrestling "fake football" show too many times to expect anything other than Steelers winning.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 07:21 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: ...and their offense will have some new things for pitt that they were able to install in the bye week.  

Is it just me or does it seemed like we've stunk lately coming off the bye?
Reply/Quote