Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
One of my biggest pre-season concerns that I had almost forgotten.
(01-06-2022, 10:40 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I don't understand the Jonah hate.  Dude is young as hell and playing solid.  He could very easily end up a top 10 LT next few years.

It was never really hate at Jonah for me so much as saying they didnt do enough incase he misses more time(based on his short history with the team it seemed possible)...  But hopefully we dont have to worry about that anymore.  cause depth still kinda an issue
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 02:42 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I totally agree with going after a FA guard.And I don’t mean average,but pro bowl caliber Guard.Burrow deserves it.I know they might think they have some up and coming prospects,and maybe they do,but I wouldn’t take any chances,I’d go after a sure thing,and resolve that issue once and for all.

Please name this pro bowl guard who is going to be available for them to sign.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 10:58 PM)Mobster Wrote: Please name this pro bowl guard who is going to be available for them to sign.

Like,as in,go after.Meaning,like involving a trade,draft picks,etc.There’s as always,a fair chance that some will be available,or had,at the right price.Not saying this is going to happen.Especially knowing Mike Brown,but,that’s what I would do as part of making the OL my top priority in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 10:58 PM)Mobster Wrote: Please name this pro bowl guard who is going to be available for them to sign.

Brandon Scherff.

Now, I’ve already seen someone in the know say “no shot” wrt signing him. But he’s going to be available, and we would be able to afford it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 07:05 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: He's a boatload of meh but he's the best we have right now.

Do you realize he's faced some of the NFL's best pass rushers almost all season long? No, I bet you didn't realize that. In fact i'd say the entire Oline for all it's flaws has massively improved since last year with mostly the same players that were here last year. Yes, Burrow has been sacked a bunch, but has also had time to just about lead the league in a boatload of passing categories..  He certainly wasn't able to do it with last years line with Turner calling the shots. I believe Jonah will only improve under Frank Pollack and Ben Martin..But if it makes you feel any better your comment qualifies as a boatload of meh and you're not even the best we have..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For everyone who said we should have gotten another $12-$16 million dollar offensive lineman last offseason.  .  .  

We only have $6.8 million in unused cap space.  $6.8 million gets you the 75th highest paid O-lineman in the league, not some guaranteed elite free agent.
Reply/Quote