Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the Most Exciting games in recent memory?
(12-16-2023, 08:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: If you were there today, you deserve a GIANT pat on the back, along with the rest of the jungle crazies. Y'all showed out BIG TIME today. Who ***** Dey!

Appreciate it we showed out when it counted for sure!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:54 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Appreciate it we showed out when it counted for sure!

Got a delay of game! It was loud AF on TV, and the announcing crew acknowledged you guys SEVERAL times during the broadcast. Y'all held up your end of the deal for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Biggest 4th quarter comeback in 8 years, and the playoff hopes on the line. Vikings needing just inches on 3rd and 4th down, and about 3 yards from that field-goal marker line, and a kicker who likely wouldn't miss. Clutch 3rd down play in OT by Browning and Boyd. Higgins dramatic play. Two highly clutch interceptions, one that was truly remarkable. Yeah, I would say it was very exciting.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:15 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Perhaps it's the beer or whatever but I've been to a lot of home games.... and I can't recall at the moment a more exciting game in recent memory.

Shout out to the 2nd half Bengals for not quitting and delivering a hell of a show.

Who Dey!

Well I am about to watch the game. Glad we won, had to go on the gameday thread and listen to the knee jerk cry babies 
in order to get updates for most of the game. WE SUCK, ZAC SUCKS, BROWNING SUCKS, CUT TREY (3rd in the league in 
sacks) FIRE LOU etc.

Frickin' had Youtubetv last night but lost the subscription and didn't know about it, bastids. Whatever

Glad the stoolpitt lost as well gotta say, in the end it is a very good day. Smirk

I will be back with my thoughts after Gamepass. Mellow
Reply/Quote
As far as attending, the Raiders playoff game will probably go down as the greatest game I ever attended (I’ve probably been to 150ish) because of what it meant.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:03 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: So we are not fans if we voice our frustrations or overreact?  
I assume you mean the GD thread and I make comments that are emotionally irrational in there like others. It bothers some but it’s a way to connect with other fans and share in the moment reactions for me.  I don’t think this makes you a non fan though. Just means some of us get too emotionally involved in the moment.  
Not everyone is the same but we are all “fans”.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.... I wasn't anywhere close to the GD thread today.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 11:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well I am about to watch the game. Glad we won, had to go on the gameday thread and listen to the knee jerk cry babies 
in order to get updates for most of the game. WE SUCK, ZAC SUCKS, BROWNING SUCKS, CUT TREY (3rd in the league in 
sacks) FIRE LOU etc.

Frickin' had Youtubetv last night but lost the subscription and didn't know about it, bastids. Whatever

Glad the stoolpitt lost as well gotta say, in the end it is a very good day. Smirk

I will be back with my thoughts after Gamepass. Mellow

Skip to the 2nd half lol but let me know!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 11:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: As far as attending, the Raiders playoff game will probably go down as the greatest game I ever attended (I’ve probably been to 150ish) because of what it meant.

That was some game! The Phantom Whistle game.....lmao
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 11:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: As far as attending, the Raiders playoff game will probably go down as the greatest game I ever attended (I’ve probably been to 150ish) because of what it meant.

Right hard to top that one.... I would definitely give the Raiders game the edge. 

However I think I would put this one right behind it.
Reply/Quote
Pretty good game. Officials were annoying as usual. Hendrickson got an unbelievable jump on that play. How dare the refs ruin Pratts HOF career! :) seriously though who knows, he’s been ballin. The no PI call on Higgs was crazy but it didn’t bother me as much since they were letting them play the whole game. Still should be called.

Congrats to this team for finding ways to win. For not giving up and throwing the towel in after Burrow went down. Let’s Kick Pitts ASS!!!!!
Reply/Quote
This was easily The game of the year for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 11:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Sorry if I hurt your feelings.... I wasn't anywhere close to the GD thread today.

Ha you didn’t hurt my feelings. Just another case of someone trying to decide what “real” fans can say and do.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I was actually embarrassed for most of the game. The defense was pathetic and we were lucky on a couple of jump balls. The oline is doing their part and the RBs ran hard.

Defense was bad, but offense in general had a few bad breaks. Tee’s 2 drops. Jones overthrow/slow down miss. That’s probably 10 points right there to make it 13-7 at halftime. Of course we got a few big breaks on defense.

Anyway they gutted it out. Going into yesterday’s game the Bengals were 4-146 when trailing by 14 points going into the 4th quarter.

This team has pulled off some impressive wins this year.

Stomping the NFL BOOGEY Man in 49ers, OT thriller in Jacksonville, and Today. It may not have been the season we were looking for, but it’s still up there despite all the injuries this season.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:03 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: So we are not fans if we voice our frustrations or overreact?
I assume you mean the GD thread and I make comments that are emotionally irrational in there like others. It bothers some but it’s a way to connect with other fans and share in the moment reactions for me. I don’t think this makes you a non fan though. Just means some of us get too emotionally involved in the moment.
Not everyone is the same but we are all “fans”.

People who try to gatekeep fandom are worse than fans who get overly irrational during the game. When you’re emotionally invested like 75% of sports fans are, you’re going to overrreact both positively and negatively. If that’s not your jam, watch the game by yourself. That thread is a venting machine.

I typically post there because I know I’m talking to people who understand my thoughts and feelings about it as opposed to most of my family who don’t get as invested in the games except my dad.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 08:39 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Stomping the NFL BOOGEY Man in 49ers, OT thriller in Jacksonville, and Today. It may not have been the season we were looking for, but it’s still up there despite all the injuries this season.

Agreed with this. We almost certainly aren't winning the Super Bowl regardless, but this season has weirdly been quite good in parts. If you were to tell me we'd have 4.5 games of a healthy Burrow, I'd have said we'd be about 4-10 right now. 

8-6 with a realistic shot at the postseason, and the midseason adjustments to Browning being the QB have been really good to see. Season looked very much over at 5-6. Even if we go on and miss the playoffs, I think the team/coaching deserve a lot of praise for how they've performed despite all the obstacles.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 08:39 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: This team has pulled off some impressive wins this year.

Stomping the NFL BOOGEY Man in 49ers, OT thriller in Jacksonville, and Today. It may not have been the season we were looking for, but it’s still up there despite all the injuries this season.

Agree. The SNF victory against Buffalo was impressive as well. Atmosphere at the stadium was electric. 

This season is up there for me too. Despite the early season struggles, then the major injuries, Bengals football is still fun/exciting/meaningful in mid-December yet again.

This team is fun. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 09:19 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Agreed with this. We almost certainly aren't winning the Super Bowl regardless, but this season has weirdly been quite good in parts. If you were to tell me we'd have 4.5 games of a healthy Burrow, I'd have said we'd be about 4-10 right now. 

8-6 with a realistic shot at the postseason, and the midseason adjustments to Browning being the QB have been really good to see. Season looked very much over at 5-6. Even if we go on and miss the playoffs, I think the team/coaching deserve a lot of praise for how they've performed despite all the obstacles.

^^ Absolutely agree with this too 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 08:42 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: People who try to gatekeep fandom are worse than fans who get overly irrational during the game. When you’re emotionally invested like 75% of sports fans are, you’re going to overrreact both positively and negatively. If that’s not your jam, watch the game by yourself. That thread is a venting machine.

I typically post there because I know I’m talking to people who understand my thoughts and feelings about it as opposed to most of my family who don’t get as invested in the games except my dad.

Agree with this as well. I'll never understand why anyone goes into the GDT and expects rationalism. Obviously some of the posts in the GDT's when things are going wrong are absolute nonsense, but it's middle of the game and emotions go crazy. It's a venting machine like you say.  

I promise you, the GDT's here are VERY typical of the GDT's in other sports I follow, and are very often far more reasonable. In the Premier League (soccer), every manager would've been sacked after game 2 and had their family homes bulldozed, if you listen to what fans say mid-game. 
Reply/Quote