Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX mock 3.0, from SIM
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 21: McGlinchey, Mike, OT, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 14: Ragnow, Frank, C/OG, Arkansas (B)
Round 3 Pick 13: Griffin, Shaquem, OLB, Central Florida (B)
Round 3 Pick 36: Bates III, Jessie, FS, Wake Forest (A+)
Round 4 Pick 12: Settle, Tim, DT, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14: Young, Kenny, ILB, UCLA (B-)
Round 5 Pick 21: Coutee, Keke, WR, Texas Tech (B+)
Round 5 Pick 33: Blanding, Quin, FS, Virginia (A)
Round 7 Pick 31: Facyson, Brandon, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 7 Pick 34: Carlson, Daniel, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 35: Flanagan, Matt, TE, Pittsburgh (A+)

I don't care about the grades I received, but I was thrilled to get McGlinchey and Ragnow. Griffin is my favorite overall player in the draft (this is regardless of his physical challenge, the guy is a ball magnet and flies all over the field. Had more fun watching him play college this past year than any player I scouted).

The later rounds have "potential" but the first five picks could see playing time this year, and they would be playing at areas of major weakness in the past.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not very familiar with your 5th round selections, but those first 4 rounds really knock it out of the park!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Your score is: 22912 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 26 (ATL): McGlinchey, Mike, OT, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 14: Reid, Justin, FS, Stanford (B+)
Round 2 Pick 26 (ATL): Ragnow, Frank, C/OG, Arkansas (B+)
Round 3 Pick 13: Settle, Tim, DT, Virginia Tech (A-)
Round 3 Pick 36: Toliver II, Kevin, CB, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 12: Lauletta, Kyle, QB, Richmond (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14: Burks, Oren, OLB, Vanderbilt (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Burnett, Deontay, WR, Southern California (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33: Hill, Holton, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 7 Pick 31: OConnell, Cody, OG, Washington State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 34: Frazier, Marcell, DE, Missouri (A+)
Round 7 Pick 35: ODaniel, Dorian, OLB, Clemson (A+)

I hate doing trades in mocks, but I think even the Bengals would take the Falcons 1st (#26) and 2nd (#58) for the Bengals 1st (#21). I accepted that trade and didn't do any more and this was the result. I gambled on not taking Daniels in the first and almost lost out on any decent center realizing that Ragnow would be available in the third so I gambled again and took Justin Reid. After the Lauletta pick, I really stuck to BPA until the 7th round where I like to grab players to develop. Cody O'Connell is HUGE at 6'9" and I like Dorian O'Daniel as well. Not a terrible draft, but a few players I targeted were taken a pick or two ahead of me.
Reply/Quote
I give you an A+, too.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 11:21 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Your score is: 22912 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 26 (ATL):  McGlinchey, Mike, OT, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 14:  Reid, Justin, FS, Stanford (B+)
Round 2 Pick 26 (ATL):  Ragnow, Frank, C/OG, Arkansas (B+)
Round 3 Pick 13:  Settle, Tim, DT, Virginia Tech (A-)
Round 3 Pick 36:  Toliver II, Kevin, CB, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 12:  Lauletta, Kyle, QB, Richmond (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14:  Burks, Oren, OLB, Vanderbilt (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21:  Burnett, Deontay, WR, Southern California (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33:  Hill, Holton, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 7 Pick 31:  OConnell, Cody, OG, Washington State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 34:  Frazier, Marcell, DE, Missouri (A+)
Round 7 Pick 35:  ODaniel, Dorian, OLB, Clemson (A+)

I hate doing trades in mocks, but I think even the Bengals would take the Falcons 1st (#26) and 2nd (#58) for the Bengals 1st (#21). I accepted that trade and didn't do any more and this was the result. I gambled on not taking Daniels in the first and almost lost out on any decent center realizing that Ragnow would be available in the third so I gambled again and took Justin Reid. After the Lauletta pick, I really stuck to BPA until the 7th round where I like to grab players to develop. Cody O'Connell is HUGE at 6'9" and I like Dorian O'Daniel as well. Not a terrible draft, but a few players I targeted were taken a pick or two ahead of me.

I like the early picks, especially the safety(interesting fact:  he is the brother of former 49er Eric Reid, that the Bengals were supposedly going to select several years ago but went with Tyler Eifert, who they did not expect to be available...he (Eric) is now having trouble finding work being one of the 49ers that always sat during the National Anthem), but I am not as thrilled with the LB and the fact you took a QB when we have Barkley and Driskel, but I completely understand taking Lauletta if he was still there in the 4th.

A 6'9" OG?  Maybe to develop as a RT?  Dalton wouldn't be able to see over that guy and he would have to be an incredible knee bender to be effective at that height.  

You can't have everthing, though, as there are 31 other teams coveting top talent as well and I would be thrilled with this haul.  Nice work overall.
Reply/Quote
First five picks would have me drooling openly regardless of who's watching.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 12:25 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 21:  McGlinchey, Mike, OT, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 14:  Ragnow, Frank, C/OG, Arkansas (B)
Round 3 Pick 13:  Griffin, Shaquem, OLB, Central Florida (B)
Round 3 Pick 36:  Bates III, Jessie, FS, Wake Forest (A+)
Round 4 Pick 12:  Settle, Tim, DT, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14:  Young, Kenny, ILB, UCLA (B-)
Round 5 Pick 21:  Coutee, Keke, WR, Texas Tech (B+)
Round 5 Pick 33:  Blanding, Quin, FS, Virginia (A)
Round 7 Pick 31:  Facyson, Brandon, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 7 Pick 34:  Carlson, Daniel, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 35:  Flanagan, Matt, TE, Pittsburgh (A+)

I don't care about the grades I received, but I was thrilled to get McGlinchey and Ragnow.  Griffin is my favorite overall player in the draft (this is regardless of his physical challenge, the guy is a ball magnet and flies all over the field.  Had more fun watching him play college this past year than any player I scouted).  

The later rounds have "potential" but the first five picks could see playing time this year, and they would be playing at areas of major weakness in the past.

Love the first two picks, but i think we should grab an End somewhere like in the 3rd.

Really like Griffin myself but i think he could fall further than that, love the Bates pick. Maybe take an End with our first 3rd
and take Griffin where you have us taking Settle and this could be about as good as it gets IMHO.

Great job man. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Lauletta is kind of interesting.. He'll need some development, but there's some potential.. Been awhile since the Bengals had a small school QB.. Last one was pretty good if memory serves me right..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote