Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One positive from the steeler game...
The steelers had been on a tear lately with a lot of sacks against the opposition. Jake Fisher only yielded one pressure in his first start at RT. That is a huge improvement and he was very upbeat about being able to start and being provided the opportunity on the majority of the snaps.

I noticed Burkhead got the job done in blitz pick up as well, and there were some HUGE hits on guys running full tilt in a gap. Rex often got the worst of those hits, but he was at least effective in preventing hits on his QB.

I would love to see a breakdown of blitz % by each team, as it seemed as though pittsburg blitzed on more than half the snaps...while Cincy blitzed....maybe a couple times? Ugh.

Nonetheless, a great job by Jake Fisher. If he can solidify the RT position the rest of the way, that will be one less thing to worry about in the offseason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The steelers had been on a tear lately with a lot of sacks against the opposition.  Jake Fisher only yielded one pressure in his first start at RT.  That is a huge improvement and he was very upbeat about being able to start and being provided the opportunity on the majority of the snaps.

I noticed Burkhead got the job done in blitz pick up as well, and there were some HUGE hits on guys running full tilt in a gap.  Rex often got the worst of those hits, but he was at least effective in preventing hits on his QB.

I would love to see a breakdown of blitz % by each team, as it seemed as though pittsburg blitzed on more than half the snaps...while Cincy blitzed....maybe a couple times?  Ugh.

Nonetheless, a great job by Jake Fisher.  If he can solidify the RT position the rest of the way, that will be one less thing to worry about in the offseason.

Yep, shoulda been there all year long, the way he is progressing, he might even be a decent tackle by now.  Too bad our inept staff kept an inept player that was out of position to boot out there too long.

One other bright spot was Erickson.  Nice return game......one toe away from a TD.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Well there won't be many oppurtunities to sack the QB when he bengals are running at 1.1 ypc 3 times in a row and then punting. (Exaggeration... But that second half- wow)
Reply/Quote
Agreed. The pass blocking is better.

The RB was ok at times. I really think a new center is the tonic that will cure the running game.
Reply/Quote
I have always felt Fisher was more ready than Og and even rated him higher in the draft. Og can be a good player, but he was rushed.
Reply/Quote
Saw hunt make a few good plays as well... don't know if it will help him stick here... He looks more of a 3-4 DE
Reply/Quote