Poll: Which one stays?
Hopkins
Spain
Reiff
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One stays: Hopkins, Spain or Reiff?
Though I'd love 4 quality FA pickups, odds are one of these guys stay and start due to chemistry.

You may not be voting for the player vs the other 3, but the scenario which happens to include the player. For example, I was thinking no way do they have Reiff start at RT next year, but if they light it up in FA with a brand new interior (C.Williams-Bozeman-Daniels) they could be left with Reiff/Carmen/Smith/possible rookie at RT.

Hopkins- One year left on his deal, Cincy is loyal for the most part but there are some really good FA centers out there. Hard to justify keeping him but if you think Cincy stays loyal what do they put around him?

Spain- He tailed off near the end, but once he sees his market value hit about 4.5M I think he could come back. That's after they do well on the positions to his right.

Reiff- Some want him back as a 3rd tackle, but the tackle market may go quick. People bring up Moses or Brown for 7-8M/or but with all the descent but defective alternatives I think those guys get bigger and longer deals.

For me it's either Spain or Reiff. Spain is the better fit being younger and I'd rather have RT solidified, I'm just not sure overpaying a guy like Moses vs getting a solid young guard long term on a reasonable deal is the right move.
Reply/Quote
My dream offseason
LT: Jonah
LG: Norwell (7M AAV)
C: Bozeman or Ben Jones (7M AAV)
RG: Carmaan (if he sucks make a move at the deadline)
RT: Reiff (1 year, $7M)

IMO Reiff was solid when healthy, and the drop off was very noticeable. I always feel he’s been underrated. Not an all-pro but a good player nonetheless.
Draft Raimann at 31 and groom him to be the RT of the future. Cut Hopkins and Adeniji.
Prince, Hill, and a late round pick as backups.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Spain, no question about it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Spain.

The better question is Reiff or Hopkins? I’d rather keep Hopkins
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 02:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Spain.

The better question is Reiff or Hopkins? I’d rather keep Hopkins

Ditto. But I'd rather keep Reiff. Then at least there is a short-term future with a better lineman in it.
Reply/Quote
Spain, best bang for your buck. Can upgrade Hopkins without killing the cap if we cut him and put that $6 mil saved back towards C. Reiff is old and has injury concerns.
Reply/Quote
Gimme Spain, all day. Everyday. Don’t understand people’s desire to resign Reiff. We should be looking to upgrade from Reiff, who is on the decline AND hasn’t played a full season in some time. Spain is still playing at a high level, and stays on the field!
Reply/Quote
Spain is the better player, but what is the plan at RT?

Plan A: Find a way to get a stud RT, sign Spain for 4-5M and upgrade center. But how do we get the RT?

Armstrong will get monopoly money, Orlando Brown will get tagged, Trent Brown is injury prone, as is Fisher (really a LT), Duane Brown is old, therefore Moses gets overpaid with long term guarantees Cincy won't do. Reiff may be about the 7th best OT in FA and I'm anti planning for a RT to fall to 31 and be NFL ready....yet open to the pick it it's value.

Plan B: take advantage of the IOL FA class depth, even upgrading over I'm warming to the idea of building a good nucleus inside for the sake of RT being the weak link going into the draft. Then if a solid RT is there so be it.

I hope I'm wrong and they get Moses to sign for less guaranteed in a 3rd year and one of the solid guards and centers. That may take away from paying a vet corner but you'd have a decent backup with the depth of the class and then hit CB and DT early.

Maybe I'm missing the boat on a stopgap option at RT, if we are letting Reiff go.
Reply/Quote
I think Spain needs replaced too.  This line just didnt get the job done, especially in post season.  Is he going to be any better next year?  Probably not.

Post season stats taken from *ochocincos* previous post on Oline play:

Spain - 46.1 overall, 49.4 pass block, 43.3 run block, 0 penalties, 2 sacks allowed

That is horrible and who can forget the Bengals last play of the Super Bowl?  Get rid of him.
Reply/Quote
I think out of those 3 Reiff played the best but he is injured and is only getting older so I dont think you bring him back. Hopkins is okay but for the 7 million he is being paid, we can replace him with better talent. That leaves Spain and as I have already pointed out, Im not a fan of his either.

If I had to pick one to keep it would be Hopkins but I dont know why we would even do that when you could bring in better talent for the same price.
Reply/Quote
Reiff has the versatility to play G or T if a injury he could start at G and move to T in case of a injury. Spain only plays G he is average 1 at that. Hopkins definitely need to go he is a liability in short yardage.
Reply/Quote
If I had the option, they all walk. Each one is replaceable. Easily. And that's not saying much. Neither of these guys would need to be replaced by the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd best available free agent at their positions. If you can upgrade, upgrade.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Without a doubt Spain. He was our best OL this year besides Jonah and Reiff has problems staying healthy and
that ankle injury might linger. Loved Reiff in his prime but he might be hitting that age where all those injuries are
catching up with him, Spain is younger.

Bring in Ryan Jensen, Andrew Norwell and Morgan Moses to replace Hopkins, Adeniji and Reiff.
Reply/Quote
I voted Reiff as I think he can be a really good swing guy for us at G/T, I just dont like him as a full time starter anymore, but I think he makes one hell of a 6th man and mentor to whoever we draft at RT. Hopkins just needs to be cut to free up space for a better C!! We need to upgrade the IOL badly, or Burrow will be toast!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 02:49 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I voted Reiff as I think he can be a really good swing guy for us at G/T, I just dont like him as a full time starter anymore, but I think he makes one hell of a 6th man and mentor to whoever we draft at RT. Hopkins just needs to be cut to free up space for a better C!! We need to upgrade the IOL badly, or Burrow will be toast!!!

If some of the Reiff rumors are not true about him having a degenerative ankle I am fine with bringing him back.

Like you said, he is a great leader and mentor. Have to bring Spain back though IMO. We can upgrade over Reiff at RT 
simply cause he is injured often and older than a lot of FA's we can bring in.
Reply/Quote
If only 1 it’d be Reiff. We need 3 decent tackles. We need 3 decent guards and 2 decent centers.
Reply/Quote
I'd guess out of the 3, Hopkins is most likely to stay.
It's very difficult to find a C you can rely on, plus Hopkins has starting experience at OG too.
That potentially gives Hopkins additional versatility that Spain and Reiff don't have.

With that said, Spain will likely end up being able to be signed for cheaper than Hopkins' contract, and will also likely be cheaper than what Reiff will cost.

So I guess in order of most likely to stay vs least:
Hopkins
Spain
Reiff
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I changed my mind. Not for bringing any of them back. I think we can upgrade across the board.
Reply/Quote
I chose Spain because of experience and leadership. I like Hopkins, and would like to see him re-sign as a quality competition for RG if they get Jensen. I believe Reiff's injury was really bad and he may be retiring.

I am hoping the INSIDE of the offensive line gets Jensen at Center, Daniels at RG, and Carman/Spain at LG. I could see that being a MUCH more efficient line than last year. RT would be a competition between Prince, Adeniji, Smith, and possibly a draft pick.
Reply/Quote