Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Full rebuild or play their hearts out and win a lower draft pick
(10-04-2019, 02:32 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We have the youngest roster in the NFL the past two seasons the rebuild has been happening. What we need to do is play the young guys who have potential and see how good or bad they actually are. For example why not play Price @ LG and Pratt at LB.

Sample needs to play more, too. Eifert looks like a shell of his former self anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 02:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sample needs to play more, too. Eifert looks like a shell of his former self anyway.

Yeah I would like to see him play more too. Infact I would like to see Tate play Eiferts role too. With Willis and Morgan playing WR with Boyd.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The only way I see avoiding a full rebuild is if they get seriously active in free agency and knock the draft out of the park. They need to sign about 3 defensive starters, 2 being linebackers. They need to draft 2 more starting linemen early. That MAY get something done, but I'm not sure that the ship hasn't already sailed.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 02:32 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We have the youngest roster in the NFL the past two seasons the rebuild has been happening. What we need to do is play the young guys who have potential and see how good or bad they actually are. For example why not play Price @ LG and Pratt at LB.

The player they are playing ahead of Price at LG is 3 years younger!
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 04:45 AM)samhain Wrote: The only way I see avoiding a full rebuild is if they get seriously active in free agency and knock the draft out of the park.  They need to sign about 3 defensive starters, 2 being linebackers.  They need to draft 2 more starting linemen early.  That MAY get something done, but I'm not sure that the ship hasn't already sailed.

There definitely going to have to be active in free agency to speed up the process. I would also trade down to get more picks.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 06:15 PM)bengals67 Wrote: The last five years show it won't happen in draft without a major re-build of scouting department and changes at the top.

For a team that rejects free agency and prides itself on building through the draft, the Bengals ability to judge college talent and their discretion on who to pick and when have both been in the cellar.

I for one am going to have a hard time forgetting the Ross pick but even worse taking Sample in the second round.

Price pick is another bomb.

The fact that Vigil was even drafted and not a free agent is also bizarre.

At this point, we should simply say the team prides itself on collecting players through the draft. Mikey has stated several times how his team ranks very high in drafted players playing for the team, of course he has not correlated the fact he has never won a playoff game. It takes zero ability to draft anyone and then just stick them on a roster. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 07:41 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The schedule is easy and when AJ and Glenn return I am scared Dalton will make a late season run to screw us out of a top five pick

Good luck with this line.  He won't have the time to throw the ball.  
Reply/Quote
I would not be opposed to trading what quality players we do have for draft picks. Especially since the FO doesn't want to use FA to fix the issues.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 06:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Terrell Suggs and Chandler Jones are going to eat this OL alive.

Bets should be less about if the Bengals win or lose, and more on if Dalton is physically capable of finishing the game or not.

(Factoid: Chandler Jones is actually the pick the Bengals traded out of when they traded down to get Zeitler, also losing out on David DeCastro in the process of trading down.)

Do believe Suggs is out, but I'm sure somebody else can wreck shit for him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Can someone link me the BEN-GALS photo shoot? I havent followed up with them... at 0-4 its a good time to show some appreciation on them hot ladies and cougars.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 05:54 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: This bengals team is going to struggle to beat the cards and could easily lose.Its going to be played in the rain.What really bothers be is that no player is getting in the face of the bad play of some of them.Why doesn't Joe Mixon tell off the linemen for not opening up running lanes for him.I mean they are wasting this guys year.Why doesn't Dalton tell the O-line off.Its maddening to me.I just could not take that crap and would be yelling my ass off.

Yelling and screaming doesn't actually motivate people nearly as much as you might think. Like it or not they're still grown men earning huge salaries. The days of screaming your way to success are pretty much over. There guys would end up needing season ending throat surgery every year..  
Get with the program.. Everyone's a winner and deserves a hug.. Didja skip grade school or something? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 11:04 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Can someone link me the BEN-GALS  photo shoot? I havent followed up with them... at 0-4 its a good time to show some appreciation on them hot ladies and cougars.

[Image: golden-girls-ftr.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Should’ve been a full rebuild starting 2 years ago. But regardless, it time to tank and get the next franchise QB in town. It not Dalton’s fault this team blows, but he also not gonna get you anywhere in the playoffs with a good to great roster around him. Let him and/or Finley take a beating next 2 years and then start 2020 draft QB in 2021.
Reply/Quote
If you build it (an O-Line), they will come (winning).
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 03:15 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: If you build it (an O-Line), they will come (winning).

Dallas has had the best OL in the NFL over the past few years, and they haven’t won shit.

OL is obviously extremely important, but some people here act like it’s the end-all-be-all.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 03:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dallas has had the best OL in the NFL over the past few years, and they haven’t won shit.

OL is obviously extremely important, but some people here act like it’s the end-all-be-all.

It is the "end all be all" for us. History has proven that. If it's the 75-76 teams, or the 81-82 teams or the 86-88 teams. The late Dillon years into the the 20-aught Rudi's. Dalton's first five blah. etc. blah. Build the line. It's not like you can go wrong building up the shrooms.

If we're truly in the 'Passing Era' (which we are) then let's do it right, by building from the line out. It's a broken record these four past years, but it's still the number one need on this side of the ball.
Reply/Quote