Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One thing cost us that game
Totally sickening!!

One thing cost us that game, on our last TD drive with the game clock running and about 1:30 still on it and the play clock sitting with 24 secs left Dalton snapped the ball. Why the **** did we not wait and run another 20 seconds off the clock?
The Squeelers would then have had less than a minute after we had scored the touchdown.

Who is responsible for this? Marvin, Lazor or Dalton. Who ever it is needs there balls wrapped.

To many games against this lot that we have lost in the last few seconds because of mistakes and it is absolutely Sickening, starting to think that there are certain people in the organisation that are too close to the Squeelers due to working for them in the past.

I hope this doesn't have a knock on effect for the rest of the season.

I'm guess i'm just really hurting just now
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing that sequence falls on Andy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I said the same thing, as in 'Why the .... did you snap with that much time left? Pitt still had 3 timeouts and would have only needed a field goal to win. And not to mention with the ability of Ben being able to march Pitt down if given enough time.

The really smart teams know how to work the clock in that exact situation the Bengals were in. Bengals played the situation as if there was no situation. Smh.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I said the same thing, as in 'Why the .... did you snap with that much time left? Pitt still had 3 timeouts and would have only needed a field goal to win. And not to mention with the ability of Ben being able to march Pitt down if given enough time.

The really smart teams know how to work the clock in that exact situation the Bengals were in. Bengals played the situation as if there was no situation. Smh.

Marvin "No Situation" Lewis.  Works for me.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:50 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Totally sickening!!

One thing cost us that game, on our last TD drive with the game clock running and about 1:30 still on it and the play clock sitting with 24 secs left Dalton snapped the ball. Why the **** did we not wait and run another 20 seconds off the clock?
The Squeelers would then have had less than a minute after we had scored the touchdown.

Who is responsible for this? Marvin, Lazor or Dalton. Who ever it is needs there balls wrapped.

To many games against this lot that we have lost in the last few seconds because of mistakes and it is absolutely Sickening, starting to think that there are certain people in the organisation that are too close to the Squeelers due to working for them in the past.

Think about this for a sec. This team has a head coach in his 16th freakin year! 16th! How does this still happen? We all know who the only longer tenured coach is and he is light years ahead of this clown. Marvin's teams never have their shit together, always look unprepared and flat. We can never play a complete game. Yes it's very sickening how Marvin constantly shits the bed against Pitt. Anyone think Pitt would keep a coach with Marvin's record against Tomlin. It's just another embarrassing lose to Pitt in our house again. Nice job Marvin and Co.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:50 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Totally sickening!!

One thing cost us that game, on our last TD drive with the  game clock running and about 1:30 still on it and the play clock sitting with 24 secs left Dalton snapped the ball. Why the **** did we not wait and run another 20 seconds off the clock?

Funny.  I've heard this on the talk shows also.  It's as if the fans think we were winning the game at that point and trying to run out the clock.  We needed to score a touchdown for crying out loud first and foremost.  You can't assume that is going to happen the more you wait.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 09:07 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Funny.  I've heard this on the talk shows also.  It's as if the fans think we were winning the game at that point and trying to run out the clock.  We needed to score a touchdown for crying out loud first and foremost.  You can't assume that is going to happen the more you wait.

ThumbsUp

I mean do you think the defense would of not knew the snap count if the clock was running down to 0? What about them timing that up and filling the gaps? Maybe even lose yards, penalty, or turnover? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I’d be curious to know as well. My instincts say Marvin, but I’m not sure. You would think Andy would know to slow it down, but it could’ve been the coaches in his ear telling him to hurry up. The more time goes on, the less it makes sense tbh.
Reply/Quote
At some point you have to trust your defense to get pressure. The defense line was held, blatant holding on several plays. They did not get pressure.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The BS holding call on Dre (MJ was blatantly held chasing the Pig...no way you didn't see it) where Antonio Brown (who has done this before) runs directly AT the defender, holds on to him, and then flails for the ball at the last second acting like it was him being held.

It would have been 4th and 10, and no way does Piggy complete that....
Reply/Quote
For the love of god...this is pure 20-20 hindsight territory.

When you're down a touchdown you don't have the luxury of running clock, you need to get in the endzone no matter what.

Imagine if we ran down the clock, and then ran out of time. We'd have people in here howling all the same about how we wasted time and lost because of poor clock management.

Offense did their job, defense let us down. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 09:51 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: For the love of god...this is pure 20-20 hindsight territory.

When you're down a touchdown you don't have the luxury of running clock, you need to get in the endzone no matter what.

Imagine if we ran down the clock, and then ran out of time. We'd have people in here howling all the same about how we wasted time and lost because of poor clock management.

Offense did their job, defense let us down. 

ThumbsUp  Common sense does exist!
Reply/Quote
So what if we ran off time lost our rhythm and never scored in the first place.

These threads are getting stupid. We lost get over it move on to KC
Reply/Quote
AJ Green also went out of bounds on an out route that could have ate up the clock even more.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 09:07 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Funny.  I've heard this on the talk shows also.  It's as if the fans think we were winning the game at that point and trying to run out the clock.  We needed to score a touchdown for crying out loud first and foremost.  You can't assume that is going to happen the more you wait.

This is just so wrong. 

This has nothing to do with milking the clock an extra 15 seconds. The Bengals had 2 timeouts and time was on THEIR side. Over a minute left in the game and they are in the red zone. Milk the clock as much as you can to give your opponent the least amount of time left possible to score. This is football 101. 

Time was NEVER an issue with the Bengals on their final offensive drive. Not even close. 
Reply/Quote
No Abraham H. Parnassus pre-game speech.......we had no chance.
Reply/Quote
I guess I watched a different game. I saw a lot of things that prevented the win today, none of which were the Bengals final TD drive.

The OLine was an issue again. While I'm sure some were not counted as official, there were a lot of dropped passes by receivers. Mixon was averaging near 6 YPC and only got 11 rushes.

The DLine was non-existent. DreK gave up on at least 1 play that resulted in a big gain for Pittsburgh. Lack of turnovers; Hubbard could've potentially caught the tipped pass instead of tipping it up for Ben, Dennard had position and should've picked the pass that Schuster took from him, Burfict had a near pick, WJ3 dropped a pick, and Schuster recovered the lone fumble. That's 5 opportunities for turnovers and they couldn't create 1. Abysmal TE coverage.

That doesn't even get into the injuries, not going for it on 4th and 1 on Pittsburgh's 40, and coming out flat in the 3rd Quarter after tying the game at the end of the first half.

There was plenty that the Bengals could've done to win without getting into the last TD drive or the officials.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 10:03 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Time was NEVER an issue with the Bengals on their final offensive drive. Not even close. 

Yes it was.

We had first and 10 and the 11 with 1:24 left.  From that point it could have taken us up to 8 plays to get in the end zone.  Even with 2 timeouts we had to be careful with the time.  we did not want to get in a first and goal situation and be forced to pass.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 10:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it was.

We had first and 10 and the 11 with 1:24 left.  From that point it could have taken us up to 8 plays to get in the end zone.  Even with 2 timeouts we had to be careful with the time.  we did not want to get in a first and goal situation and be forced to pass.

You really, truly believe that? Here is a nugget: 

Three times on the go-ahead drive they snapped the ball with the game clock running — each time with at least 16 seconds remaining on the play clock.

Here is a look at each:
  • On third and 4 from their own 31, they snapped it with 22 seconds left on the play clock and got a first down on a 5-yard pass from Dalton to Uzomah.
  • On first and 10 from their own 36, they snapped it with 16 seconds on the play clock and got a pass interference penalty on Pittsburgh.
  • On first and 10 from the Pittsburgh 11, they snapped it with 17 seconds on the play clock and got a 7-yard completion from Dalton to Green.
Had they taken the play clock under 10 seconds in each instance, Pittsburgh would have had 44 seconds to work with rather than 1:12.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 10:20 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I guess I watched a different game. I saw a lot of things that prevented the win today, none of which were the Bengals final TD drive.

The OLine was an issue again. While I'm sure some were not counted as official, there were a lot of dropped passes by receivers. Mixon was averaging near 6 YPC and only got 11 rushes.

The DLine was non-existent. DreK gave up on at least 1 play that resulted in a big gain for Pittsburgh. Lack of turnovers; Hubbard could've potentially caught the tipped pass instead of tipping it up for Ben, Dennard had position and should've picked the pass that Schuster took from him, Burfict had a near pick, WJ3 dropped a pick, and Schuster recovered the lone fumble. That's 5 opportunities for turnovers and they couldn't create 1. Abysmal TE coverage.

That doesn't even get into the injuries, not going for it on 4th and 1 on Pittsburgh's 40, and coming out flat in the 3rd Quarter after tying the game at the end of the first half.

There was plenty that the Bengals could've done to win without getting into the last TD drive or the officials.

I see a lot of the same, but again Dre gets blame for one big play against a great group, 1 play of 80??????

Why can't our defensive backs quit trying to be the hero? How many contested balls do they lose before they learn? Why can't they learn to bat the ball to the other defensive player when we have 2 and they have one? We should have 10 picks if they would learn this simple tip drill.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote