Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One thing most of these FA’s have in common...
Other than being good tacklers, is they’re almost all coming from playoff teams.

DJ Reader - Texans (1st AFC South)

Trae Waynes & Mackensie Alexander- Vikings (WC but beat a good Saints team)

Josh Bynes - Ravens (1st in NFL)

Von Bell - Saints (1st NFC South)

LeShaun Sims - Titans (WC but made it to the AFCCG)

Only Xavier Su’a Filo and Mike Thomas (who will likely be on ST) are not coming over from teams that made the playoffs last season. And the Rams were 9-7 and the Cowboys 8-8. None of these guys were on bad teams.

If we’re going to purge our roster (especially on defense) and replace a bunch of players this is the right way to do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Xavier and Mike have both played on playoff teams in previous years though

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
One thing to not overlook is that some of them are young and signed for multiple seasons!

1)Reader - 4 yrs

2)Bell- 3 yrs

3) Waynes 3-yrs

--that gives us a good foundation for continued success to build on!!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 05:57 AM)pally Wrote: Xavier and Sua have both played on playoff teams in previous years though

What, is he a split personality???? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
What's also great is these guys are 20somethings mostly, in their prime. Not your typical former 1st round washed up has been.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 08:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What, is he a split personality???? Hilarious

totally dude!

or that's what I get when I post before having caffeine!! Smirk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think you are underestimating the good tackles part.......so many esp the DBs think they don't have to tackle.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 09:53 AM)corpjet Wrote: I think you are underestimating the good tackles part.......so many esp the DBs think they don't have to tackle.

When the middle is stuffed (Reader, Bynes) then the rush has to bust outside...they need to be able to tackle on the perimeter.  They have, as you point out, improved this ability tremendously.  They didn't just improve, but they got some of the best in their respective positions.  Who else thought every time Dre made a tackle he was going to limp off the field?  Good thing he missed most of his tackles.  

I am VERY excited to see this defense grow together and become a strong unit.  I hope they come together quickly so Geno and Carlos can be a part of it.  I want to see those guys get a ring.  
Reply/Quote
It's actually incredible that we're signing desired free agents this season.

I don't even know how to properly respond to such a change to the team's philosophy.

We are giving rising stars from other teams their second contracts.

When was the last time we did that a single time, let alone 4 separate times (Bell, Reader, Waynes, Alexander)?
Reply/Quote
What I like is that these additions actually have still
Ceiling to reach as far as performance goes.aka their
Best days may be ahead of them.
The front office just didn't settle on a inexpensive
Player who's best days were 3 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 05:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Other than being good tacklers, is they’re almost all coming from playoff teams.

DJ Reader - Texans (1st AFC South)

Trae Waynes & Mackensie Alexander- Vikings (WC but beat a good Saints team)

Josh Bynes - Ravens (1st in NFL)

Von Bell - Saints (1st NFC South)

LeShaun Sims - Titans (WC but made it to the AFCCG)

Only Xavier Su’a Filo and Mike Thomas (who will likely be on ST) are not coming over from teams that made the playoffs last season. And the Rams were 9-7 and the Cowboys 8-8. None of these guys were on bad teams.

If we’re going to purge our roster (especially on defense) and replace a bunch of players this is the right way to do it.

I like. Smirk

(03-26-2020, 06:26 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: One thing to not overlook is that some of them are young and signed for multiple seasons!

1)Reader - 4 yrs

2)Bell- 3 yrs

3) Waynes 3-yrs

--that gives us a good foundation for continued success to build on!!

This is exactly what this team needed to do to be able to extend Burrow if he plays very well like we all think.

Needed to spend now to save up for the long haul.
Reply/Quote