Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One week from today!!
2020 has been a tough year, something we can all look forward to...the return of football! While it won't look/feel the "norm" at least they are playing and it will be a nice stress outlet to FINALLY get the season started! Then once the warm up next Thursday we can call get pumped up for debut of Joey B on Sunday!! Going to feel a bit odd having to wait through the 1 PM EST games to see Bengals play but it just gives you more time to cook some wings on the smoker and get ready. Football here we come!!
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
I was making plans to start tailgating early at the mancave. Was going to do beer and breakfast and then get a pool tourney and cornhole tourney going before gametime. Then I remembered it came on at 4. Now the neighbors won't think I'm a total drunk for having a party at 9am with friends drinking beer and playing guns and roses real loud. LOL

I'm so flipping ready for this to start. Some sense of normalcy will be good. I just hope whatever game is on before ours doesn't go into OT. I want to see the game start to finish.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 01:01 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: 2020 has been a tough year, something we can all look forward to...the return of football! While it won't look/feel the "norm" at least they are playing and it will be a nice stress outlet to FINALLY get the season started! Then once the warm up next Thursday we can call get pumped up for debut of Joey B on Sunday!! Going to feel a bit odd having to wait through the 1 PM EST games to see Bengals play but it just gives you more time to cook some wings on the smoker and get ready. Football here we come!!

Your're losing me with the "warm up next Thursday" Are they having another scrimmage?
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure what I'll do beforehand; I'm DEFINITELY going to watch the early slate of games (ordered Sunday Ticket last week, despite it not supposed to be available yet and my wife confirmed just now that the channels are ordered! Big Grin), but I'll probably get started on a wonderful dinner or something; groceries must be procured as well, but since things are still sketchy, I will not be attending church like I did pre-COVID.

Maybe start early on my garlic planting, for next year :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 01:01 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: 2020 has been a tough year, something we can all look forward to...the return of football! While it won't look/feel the "norm" at least they are playing and it will be a nice stress outlet to FINALLY get the season started! Then once the warm up next Thursday we can call get pumped up for debut of Joey B on Sunday!! Going to feel a bit odd having to wait through the 1 PM EST games to see Bengals play but it just gives you more time to cook some wings on the smoker and get ready. Football here we come!!

Never been more excited for a football season than this year! Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 01:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was making plans to start tailgating early at the mancave. Was going to do beer and breakfast and then get a pool tourney and cornhole tourney going before gametime. Then I remembered it came on at 4. Now the neighbors won't think I'm a total drunk for having a party at 9am with friends drinking beer and playing guns and roses real loud. LOL

I'm so flipping ready for this to start. Some sense of normalcy will be good. I just hope whatever game is on before ours doesn't go into OT. I want to see the game start to finish.

Sounds like a blast! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 01:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Your're losing me with the "warm up next Thursday" Are they having another scrimmage?

Didn't mean Bengals, meant NFL football in general, first game is a Thursday night game next Thursday with Texans and Chiefs. I always get pumped for first game of the year no matter who is playing.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 04:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never been more excited for a football season than this year! Cool

Me either. I've already got my Burrow gear set to go watch the game at BW3s in Meridian, Idaho. I feel a little pathetic going by myself, but it's a tradition I started with my 2 sons back in 2005 when we are all still living in GVegas (Greenvile, NC). This is largely Seahawks country and the influx of California refugees has brought in a ton of 9ers fans, but there's a ton of other folks there in all kinds of jerseys from different teams. It's sort of fun being part of the mix, holding it down for the Nati. OORAH!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 01:41 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Me either. I've already got my Burrow gear set to go watch the game at BW3s in Meridian, Idaho. I feel a little pathetic going by myself, but it's a tradition I started with my 2 sons back in 2005 when we are all still living in GVegas (Greenvile, NC). This is largely Seahawks country and the influx of California refugees has brought in a ton of 9ers fans, but there's a ton of other folks there in all kinds of jerseys from different teams. It's sort of fun being part of the mix, holding it down for the Nati. OORAH!

Might be a good time for me to make a road trip to Idaho and help support my fellow man!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 04:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never been more excited for a football season than this year! Cool

Me too! I'm hoping to find a place to settle in and watch all our games.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 11:26 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Might be a good time for me to make a road trip to Idaho and help support my fellow man!!!

Come on over before it gets too cold!!!  Where are you at? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 01:48 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Come on over before it gets too cold!!!  Where are you at? 

Olympia Wa
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 01:41 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Me either. I've already got my Burrow gear set to go watch the game at BW3s in Meridian, Idaho. I feel a little pathetic going by myself, but it's a tradition I started with my 2 sons back in 2005 when we are all still living in GVegas (Greenvile, NC). This is largely Seahawks country and the influx of California refugees has brought in a ton of 9ers fans, but there's a ton of other folks there in all kinds of jerseys from different teams. It's sort of fun being part of the mix, holding it down for the Nati. OORAH!

Yeah, lots of Seahawk fans over there, at least they aren't Stooler fans and Bronco fans like we have over here...

Way to hold it down Shady. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 11:27 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Me too! I'm hoping to find a place to settle in and watch all our games.

They just lowered Gamepass to 80 bucks on NFL.com. 

This is the way I am going to watch the games brother.
Reply/Quote