Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Listening to the HTPG podcast on AFC North
Round table of the 5 Athletic beat writers of all the teams. Boy the Baltimore guy says they have got some holes. DE and LB and WR. He doesn’t sound to confident of their run game either. Pittsburgh’s OL a disaster and QB a huge question mark. I think both the Steelers and the Browns are looking at losing seasons. The Bengals are the clear favorites according to all of them.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I still think it's going to be a fight between the Bengals, Ravens and Steelers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 08:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Round table of the 5 Athletic beat writers of all the teams. Boy the Baltimore guy says they have got some holes. DE and LB and WR. He doesn’t sound to confident of their run game either. Pittsburgh’s OL a disaster and QB a huge question mark. I think both the Steelers and the Browns are looking at losing seasons. The Bengals are the clear favorites according to all of them.

It's going to be a special season for The Bengals! 
Reply/Quote
While I think we are the best overall team in the division and will end up taking home the AFCN Title, the Ravens do make me a bit nervous. They're coming into this season one of the hungriest teams in the league, especially against Cincy since we spanked that ass twice.

But at the end of the day the AFC North is definitely ours to lose.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 09:42 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I still think it's going to be a fight between the Bengals, Ravens and Steelers.

The Steelers OL awful. They’ve got a lot of issues with QB one for sure. The Ravens have more issues than I thought
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 10:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Steelers OL awful. They’ve got a lot of issues with QB one for sure. The Ravens have more issues than I thought

I don't disagree, but I don't think we take the division in a cakewalk either. Baltimore is always right there, and we haven't beaten Cleveland in years.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 10:55 PM)jason Wrote: I don't disagree, but I don't think we take the division in a cakewalk either. Baltimore is always right there, and we haven't beaten Cleveland in years.

No cakewalks in the NFL. Cleveland is not the same. The Steelers not the same. Baltimore is still Baltimore. I’m just saying listening to the Athletic’s Raven’s beat writer they have more issues than the Bengals. One I didn’t mention is Lamar’s contract issues could be a distraction.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 11:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No cakewalks in the NFL. Cleveland is not the same. The Steelers not the same. Baltimore is still Baltimore. I’m just saying listening to the Athletic’s Raven’s beat writer they have more issues than the Bengals. One I didn’t mention is Lamar’s contract issues could be a distraction.

Yep... They've got some holes on the defense. Their RBs are so banged up they just brought in Kenyan Drake... I think Bateman is the real deal as a receiver, but that system may hold him back. Hollywood was more than happy to get outta there. The contract situation with Lamar is bizarre to say the least. They're a well coached, and we'll run franchise though. They won't be an easy out.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 09:42 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I still think it's going to be a fight between the Bengals, Ravens and Steelers.

The steelers ususally right the ship within a season, so i see them in contention. The ravens should be in contention, a running qb can get you wins, but good team will give them loses.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2022, 12:10 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The steelers ususally right the ship within a season, so i see them in contention. The ravens should be in contention, a running qb can get you wins, but good team will give them loses.

We’ll see I think the Steelers are under .500

Reply/Quote
Bengals built their defense around stopping the run... we saw what that defense did vs. Lamar Jackson last year.

That is the one reason why I've never been concerned about the Ravens bouncing back. Bengals are built to beat them.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2022, 01:11 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Bengals built their defense around stopping the run... we saw what that defense did vs. Lamar Jackson last year.

That is the one reason why I've never been concerned about the Ravens bouncing back. Bengals are built to beat them.

And if you’ve listened to Zac it’s always been their number one priority is being built to win the conference

Reply/Quote
I do wind up wondering now and again if the reason the Rats have dithered on signing Jackson is that they are thinking of taking a QB early in the next draft who has accuracy and touch and is a passer first and a runner second. Someone like Stroud or Young.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2022, 01:51 AM)Joelist Wrote: I do wind up wondering now and again if the reason the Rats have dithered on signing Jackson is that they are thinking of taking a QB early in the next draft who has accuracy and touch and is a passer first and a runner second. Someone like Stroud or Young.

Eric De Costa is universally considered one of the top 2 GM’s in the NFL. He’s managed the Raven’s roster magnificently and they’ve maintained consistency for years. They will get it worked out.

Reply/Quote
How many thought the Bengals were a fluke last year?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2022, 10:46 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Eric De Costa is universally considered one of the top 2 GM’s in the NFL. He’s managed the Raven’s roster magnificently and they’ve maintained consistency for years. They will get it worked out.

Which may involve them deciding to move on from Jackson in favor of a QB with accuracy and touch in their passing. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: Which may involve them deciding to move on from Jackson in favor of a QB with accuracy and touch in their passing. 

Hard to find a better QB than Lamar. Oh he’s got some limitations but good QB’s hard to come by.

Reply/Quote