Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Online....overrated or no?
If the o-line were the reason for Hill's struggles, then why is Bernard not struggling as well?

I agree that Dalton's quick release may pad the o-line's stats, but they're still one of the best groups in the league. They pass the eye test in every way. The only area where I feel that they could improve as a whole is with their penalties.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pass pro they're among the best in the league. Run blocking they're average.

Overrated ? I don't really think so
Reply/Quote
Not overrated. That was a very good D line and overall defense the Bills had and the Oline was able to shut them down today, which we knew was coming because of the shitty plays they gave up against the 'Hawks. The way they played today proves their moxy. They're capable of keeping Andy clean every game.

Hill isn't running with the same vision he had last year, I don't know why. But Gio has been excellent and even Jeremy too, in the redzone. Together, they're a perfect match. The run game may not be taking the NFL by storm, but it's keeping defenses honest for the most part and even better in the redzone. All in all, this Oline is right up there with the best in the league. It all starts with Big Whit, so finally he's getting the recognition he deserves.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:04 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If the o-line were the reason for Hill's struggles, then why is Bernard not struggling as well?

I agree that Dalton's quick release may pad the o-line's stats, but they're still one of the best groups in the league. They pass the eye test in every way.  The only area where I feel that they could improve as a whole is with their penalties.

Different run blocking scheme and plays. Just like last year. They had a different blocking scheme (more FB and strong sets) rather than running out of the shotgun. They both excel at different things, but are both very good players.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not much. Enjoying this little win streak...when I'm not working.  Yawn

I think the o-line is a little overrated, but they're still very good. I have no idea what's going on with my boy Hill, but the kid proved he has skills last year. Maybe they're too predictable when he's in there?

(10-19-2015, 12:04 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If the o-line were the reason for Hill's struggles, then why is Bernard not struggling as well?

I agree that Dalton's quick release may pad the o-line's stats, but they're still one of the best groups in the league. They pass the eye test in every way.  The only area where I feel that they could improve as a whole is with their penalties.

(10-19-2015, 12:26 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Not overrated. That was a very good D line and overall defense the Bills had and the Oline was able to shut them down today, which we knew was coming because of the shitty plays they gave up against the 'Hawks. The way they played today proves their moxy. They're capable of keeping Andy clean every game.

Hill isn't running with the same vision he had last year, I don't know why. But Gio has been excellent and even Jeremy too, in the redzone. Together, they're a perfect match. The run game may not be taking the NFL by storm, but it's keeping defenses honest for the most part and even better in the redzone. All in all, this Oline is right up there with the best in the league. It all starts with Big Whit, so finally he's getting the recognition he deserves.

(10-19-2015, 01:18 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Different run blocking scheme and plays. Just like last year. They had a different blocking scheme (more FB and strong sets) rather than running out of the shotgun. They both excel at different things, but are both very good players.
Well stated.  I have scarcely little to add.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
The O Line is very good. With the exception of the Seattle game, Andy didn't even need to wash his uniform because the oline is keeping him clean. To say Andy's play is making the oline look good is no more valid than to say the oline's play is making Andy look good.... he is comfortable behind them and that's what counts. I noticed on the bad snap yesterday Dalton told Bodine not to worry, it was his fault. AS for Hill, he is in the typical sophomore slump, if it was the line's fault then Gio wouldn't be getting yards either. Hill will emerge as the year goes on....
Reply/Quote
If you think online is overrated, try living in the 80s mate, with 9600k baud modem and such. This message board would take a minute to load threads.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Andy's "quick release" has very little to do with his lack of sacks and/or pressures.

He only gets rid of the ball about a half second faster than most other QBs and he is not avoiding sacks by getting rid of the ball a half second before he is hit. For the most part he is not seeing much pressure at all.
Reply/Quote
And to think Andy really isn't a mobile QB who goes on a ton of intended rollouts, the Oline is performing. Only Cam Newton is left in that phase of new type QBs, it's gone back to pocket passer with a bit of Aaron Rodgers who can also run with the best.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I always thought the O-Line was a bit overrated, especially in its run blocking. So far this year, they have exceeded my expectations especially since they've played some great defenses.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Andy's "quick release" has very little to do with his lack of sacks and/or pressures.  

He only gets rid of the ball about a half second faster than most other QBs and he is not avoiding sacks by getting rid of the ball a half second before he is hit.  For the most part he is not seeing much pressure at all.

I gotta disagree with that.  Hes very decisive and gets rid of the ball so quickly so consistently that I think it does him a disservice to downplay the assist he's giving the oline in that regard.  Not saying the pass pro isn't top notch, it certainly is, but Dalton def makes their job easier.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 10:36 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: And to think Andy really isn't a mobile QB who goes on a ton of intended rollouts, the Oline is performing. Only Cam Newton is left in that phase of new type QBs, it's gone back to pocket passer with a bit of Aaron Rodgers who can also run with the best.

Aaron Rodgers makes me sick!  I think I wanna have his babies tho.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:11 PM)Bengal Ben Wrote: How the heck could you miss spell it twice in the title of the thread then again in your original post? the - button is no where near the n button on a keyboard. My mind is blown....

The same way you misspelled "miss spell" perhaps?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:07 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: What gives me pause is Jeremy hill looking like average out there.  Teams are selling out to stop him Im sure.   Get a hat on a hat and let him roam, make sure we ain't telegraphing our run % when he's out there maybe.  Or maybe Hill just needs to be more decisive.  If teams are playing the run as hard as I think they are when Hill is in, there is some hay to be made with the play action.

When Hill committed to going North and South instead of East and West yesterday, he actually looked pretty good.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy didn't get sacked once yesterday - in Buffalo.
That's a statement from the Offensive Line right there.

But I agree that it's a combination of QB skill and coaching schemes as well that goes into this.
Right now Dalton leads the league in shortest amount of time to get rid of the ball. That helps.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm old, so I'm guessing you are talking the on line on fantasy football....the Las Vegas betting line is based on betting and wages placed. It is not based on who is best. It changes due to money wagered as like at the horse track.....Now, a Las Vegas line on fantasy football probably works the same way, not who is best but players being wagered on the most, so the gamblers have to lay off some of the wagers to cover their rear ends....So if this thread is about gambling, and if the lines are based on gambling, then the line is probably based on money wagered. Gamblers and bookies do not look at who the best team/ player is and such, it is all about taking bets and then laying them off to cover the bets so that either way, the house wins. So maybe if everybody is taking one WR, they try to push some other WR's to lay off their bets. 

2 things about Fantasy Football or any gambling is that to the gambler, it is not about the sport, it is all about money......and, anything that can be bet on can be crooked. Now that doesn't mean they rig the games, but they can slip in false winners after the games. So you the customer think you did great but you then find others did better, but how do you know those others are not placed in the pool by the gamblers AFTER the games. Anything you bet on can be rigged and crooked.  Case in point would be a crooked football pool that is putting in fake slips after the games. You would have to pick every game right and the Monday Night tie breaker just to beat the rigged system.  Do I trust gamblers, no. For the most part, it is all a rigged game, and fantasy football can be rigged also. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Well they've barely started to get wider recognition so i really don't think i would call them over-rated.

I think its a group thats benefitted from playing together and - touch wood- we've been lucky that its pretty much been those 5 guys the whole way so far so there's been no major blown assignments, miscommunications,etc

To my untrained eye the pass protection has been great (Dalton quick release or otherwise).

I think Whit and Boling are top notch and deserve Pro Bowl recognition.
Bodine is probably the weakest link - though not certainly not a Ghiacuic type liability
Andre on the edge against smaller speed rushers makes me slightly nervous but overall one of the better RT's about I would say
Zeitler is steady...really thought he would kick on this year but i think Boling is better at this point

re: running game I think someone made a good point re: Gio .vs. Hill. If Hill is on the field on a certain down and distance then obivously they're keying on the run. With Gio in there it may be as likely a pass so when he does run it he's potentially got more space to work with. Also the D personnel may have shifted more to pass defense when Gio is in
Reply/Quote
The O-line is one of the best in the league, and (dare I say it?) the Bengals organization look like geniuses by adding to the backups in the draft. You don't have to look far around the league to see the value of having not just "extra" but quality backups for the offensive line. Andy's quick release this year and much improved decision making really adds to the equation. If the Chargers didn't have Rivers they wouldn't score any points with that line he has left. The Steelers scare me the most of any team, they should not be good right now, yet they are. Carson came through with the one interception they needed to put the Cardinals in the hole yesterday, and while throwing for a ton of yards, they didn't translate into points. But the real reason they scare me is that they are the one team who can pretty much match up with ours, at least offensively, and our defense is getting by, but still not getting enough pressure on the opposing quarterback consistently. That, and we always seem to have a mental block against those guys, but they seem to have gotten past a lot this year, maybe they can eliminate that as well, in the meantime I'm just enjoying the ride.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:44 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm old, so I'm guessing you are talking the on line on fantasy football....the Las Vegas betting line is based on betting and wages placed. It is not based on who is best. It changes due to money wagered as like at the horse track.....Now, a Las Vegas line on fantasy football probably works the same way, not who is best but players being wagered on the most, so the gamblers have to lay off some of the wagers to cover their rear ends....So if this thread is about gambling, and if the lines are based on gambling, then the line is probably based on money wagered. Gamblers and bookies do not look at who the best team/ player is and such, it is all about taking bets and then laying them off to cover the bets so that either way, the house wins. So maybe if everybody is taking one WR, they try to push some other WR's to lay off their bets. 

2 things about Fantasy Football or any gambling is that to the gambler, it is not about the sport, it is all about money......and, anything that can be bet on can be crooked. Now that doesn't mean they rig the games, but they can slip in false winners after the games. So you the customer think you did great but you then find others did better, but how do you know those others are not placed in the pool by the gamblers AFTER the games. Anything you bet on can be rigged and crooked.  Case in point would be a crooked football pool that is putting in fake slips after the games. You would have to pick every game right and the Monday Night tie breaker just to beat the rigged system.  Do I trust gamblers, no. For the most part, it is all a rigged game, and fantasy football can be rigged also. 

Old man you've outdone yourself with the most oblivious ramble I've seen on this new site.

Take a freaking bow.
Reply/Quote
Simply put, not they are not overrated.
Reply/Quote