Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Two More Years Of Marv?
I am with the poster who said if the Browns are still bad in 2018 i don't think i would necessarily want Hue anyway.

I am thinking that Geunther and Zampese are on the list now...
Reply/Quote
Mikey mentioned that Hue is a 'Browns' coach, meaning 'he's the enemy now'...so even though there might not be any 'ill-will' between Mikey and Hue, Hue signed with a team that in particular, the Brown family will never associate again...there was a trust that has been broken between Mikey and Hue. Do not see Hue coming back to coach anytime soon let alone the thought of coming back to a head coaching position.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 12:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am with the poster who said if the Browns are still bad in 2018 i don't think i would necessarily want Hue anyway.

I am thinking that Geunther and Zampese are on the list now...

Well apparently anyone who wants to be a head coach will leave before the succession plan is in place, so hopefully one of these guys doesn't have lofty goals so he wont leave Ninja

My money would be on Zampese, did you see how long he waited as the QB coach? lol
Reply/Quote
Can't begrudge the guy for taking a head coaching opportunity now, even if it is for a divisional rival/dumpster fire of an organization.

I wish there was some alternate reality where Mike Zimmer finds himself available in 2018. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 12:41 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Mikey mentioned that Hue is a 'Browns' coach, meaning 'he's the enemy now'...so even though there might not be any 'ill-will' between Mikey and Hue, Hue signed with a team that in particular, the Brown family will never associate again...there was a trust that has been broken between Mikey and Hue. Do not see Hue coming back to coach anytime soon let alone the thought of coming back to a head coaching position.

Plus MB worked him over hard on Carson trade and he was a little to gimmicky putting Dalton at risk multiple times and had to be reined in on this eventually I believe. 

Still think he can be a good HC because of the respect players have for him though and some of that ingenuity will come in handy on a team like Cleveland. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 12:41 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Mikey mentioned that Hue is a 'Browns' coach, meaning 'he's the enemy now'...so even though there might not be any 'ill-will' between Mikey and Hue, Hue signed with a team that in particular, the Brown family will never associate again...there was a trust that has been broken between Mikey and Hue. Do not see Hue coming back to coach anytime soon let alone the thought of coming back to a head coaching position.

I doubt that matters.

Marvin Lewis was a Ravens coach and they were technically the Browns first. And Lewis was also a coach for the Steelers.

Hue is a Browns coach. Nothing wrong with what he said in all honesty. He did a lot here but he's not here anymore. That's how Mike Brown has always worked. Once they're not a part of the Bengals, he doesn't like to talk about them. Mike Brown isn't really a vocal guy. He's blunt and just states facts.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 06:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote:  "Lewis suggested Hue Jackson succeed him with Bengals in '18"

Lewis is like a case of herpes, he's here forever and you can't get rid of him.
Reply/Quote

This sounds right on.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 03:14 AM)Shady Wrote: The players seemed to respond well to Hue as OC. It's a shame that he left when he did and where we went. I trust Marvin to help Mike find his next replacement. It could be Paulie G. Who knows?

It's been mentioned in a lot of articles on the Bengals site that the organization sees Guenther as a future HC. If Marvin leaves in a year or two and Paulie G is still here, then I fully expect him to be our guy.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 04:24 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It's been mentioned in a lot of articles on the Bengals site that the organization sees Guenther as a future HC. If Marvin leaves in a year or two and Paulie G is still here, then I fully expect him to be our guy.

If the Bengals have not at least appeared in a Super Bowl, they need to look outside the organization for the next coach.  Continuity is great, but only if you're achieving your ultimate goal.  And really, who knows how many more years we have of Marvin.  He could decide he wants to coach for another ten, and I'm certain Mike Brown would be happy to have him here.  That is why the idea of a "succession plan" is not a good one... two years is an eternity in the NFL and you never know what will happen.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 06:16 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If the Browns continue to be the Browns, Hue will be out of a job by 2018. If Marvin is truly planning to retire by then, Hur could still (in theory) be the next Bengals coach

Yep!! We hear the same old song and dance every time they reset the front office, coaching staff and high profile players. I just don't see how it's different this time around. New GM, Coach and QB. Just like two years ago and then two years before that etc.

Maybe this will be different, but it sure has started out just about the same.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 07:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If after two seasons as HC, the Hue Jackson led Browns are still the Browns as we currently know them, do we really want him running this team?

The Browns have a dysfunctional ownership. The only thing I'd hang on Hue's head is taking the job in the first place. Well, there is a second thing, RGIII, if he was even Hue's choice.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 10:22 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yep!! We hear the same old song and dance every time they reset the front office, coaching staff and high profile players. I just don't see how it's different this time around. New GM, Coach and QB. Just like two years ago and then two years before that etc.

Maybe this will be different, but it sure has started out just about the same.

I am not one to defend coaches, especially Marv but man, lets see how this year ends and we will see if it is the same.

Another great reg season and one and out and i will agree, but football is here man and i am excited about these players.

In the end these are the dudes on the field and i am also liking Guenther, Zamp, Burney and Haslett.

And most definately Urban.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 10:27 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The Browns have a dysfunctional ownership. The only thing I'd hang on Hue's head is taking the job in the first place. Well, there is a second thing, RGIII, if he was even Hue's choice.

I'm not saying the Browns are going to be great, but Zimmer and Gruden both left to be HC's for 5 and 3-win teams that were riding the misery wagon of 1st round bust QBs and they both at least managed to get those  awful teams up to the same level Marvin Lewis apparently dragged the Bengals.

Maybe Hue can make the Browns a Wild Card weekend loser, too.  I just wonder how many people have to be "next in line after Marvin" before we just let that narrative rest.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 11:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am not one to defend coaches, especially Marv but man, lets see how this year ends and we will see if it is the same.

Another great reg season and one and out and i will agree, but football is here man and i am excited about these players.

In the end these are the dudes on the field and i am also liking Guenther, Zamp, Burney and Haslett.

And most definately Urban.

was talking about the Browms.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 02:26 AM)BengalChris Wrote: was talking about the Browms.

Oh, sorry. Misunderstanding.
Reply/Quote
We can laugh at Hue for taking a HC job on a lousy team in QB hell, but how often do teams with winning records and QBs in place switch HCs? I can think of the Bears going 10-6 and having Jay Cutler and firing Lovie Smith, off the top of my head. Anyways, either Hue gets a HC job for a team in trouble or he just sits here and waits for Marvin Lewis to retire. That's pretty inspirational of Hue.
Reply/Quote
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/15/report-some-in-cleveland-think-hue-was-too-focused-on-rg3/

Alrighty then, forget what I said about Hue The guy just doesn't seem to... Get it. The Palmer trade he made in Oakland was laughable (called it "the greatest trade in football") and now this RGIII thing. Would absolutely love to have the guy as an OC but as a head coach?? We can probably do better
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 07:44 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/15/report-some-in-cleveland-think-hue-was-too-focused-on-rg3/

Alrighty then, forget what I said about Hue The guy just doesn't seem to... Get it. The Palmer trade he made in Oakland was laughable (called it "the greatest trade in football") and now this RGIII thing. Would absolutely love to have the guy as an OC but as a head coach?? We can probably do better

What "RGIII thing" do you mean?  Hue showed up in Cleveland and the QBs were Josh McCown, Austin Davis, and Johnny Fartball and the front office wasn't going to draft Wentz so Hue pretty much had to make due with whatever crap he could get off the scrap-heap.

I don't blame Hue for trying to push RGIII as a long-term starter because the only options Hue has are begging the front office to use one of their high picks on a QB instead of trading it for fifteen 7th rounders, Josh McCown (who was injured on their first drive last year), or Cody Kessler.  The guy was given chicken shit and tried to make chicken salad out of it.  

I suppose I don't see why Hue would be so much more laudable if he just sat behind Marvin Lewis and waited for him to retire.
Reply/Quote

I see your point but that'd be kinda silly since his beef was with Modell and Modell's team moved to Baltimore. Modell is dead now, so the beef should be buried now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote