Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only the Ravens...
Could blow a game with 1 second left lol
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Actually, every team does it in the nfl lately. It's not surprising or a big deal.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 03:16 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Actually, every team does it in the nfl lately. It's not surprising  or a big deal.

Face mask penalty as time's expiring to win the game, which gives the other team 15 yards and an un-timed down, which allows them to kick the game winning field goal, isn't a big deal.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Only a team that is technically the Browns can lose after getting a time expiring sack.

Only a team that is literally still the Browns can lose in blowout fashion by injuring the team's only healthy qb 5 minutes into the game.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 06:40 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Only a team that is technically the Browns can lose after getting a time expiring sack.

Only a team that is literally still the Browns can lose in blowout fashion by injuring the team's only healthy qb 5 minutes into the game.

I had to laugh when Marshall Faulk said that last night lol about injuring jones to get to Ben.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 06:40 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Only a team that is technically the Browns can lose after getting a time expiring sack.

...and then have the league apologize because their part time employees cost them a win.

No, wait...that happens to a lot of teams.   :snark:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 03:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Face mask penalty as time's expiring to win the game, which gives the other team 15 yards and an un-timed down, which allows them to kick the game winning field goal, isn't a big deal.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

yes,if you havent noticed,a lot of games are having absurd over officiated endings or at least in the last 2 minutes
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 08:20 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: yes,if you havent noticed,a lot of games are having absurd over officiated endings or at least in the last 2 minutes

But at least none of it is a big deal.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
They should have never caved when the refs walked out. Just fire all of them.

They are too worries about women being refs instead of getting the calls right.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 11:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They should have never caved when the refs walked out.    Just fire all of them.  

Rolleyes 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 01:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Rolleyes 

Yeah was supposed to be a d not an s.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 12:21 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah was supposed to be a d not an s.

Honest mistake. Women like to take the D.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 12:21 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah was supposed to be a d not an s.

Yeah, was also suppose to be sexist.  Nailed that one too,

For the record the foul occurred on the OPPOSITE side of where Thomas was.  It was on the MALE...not her...to make the call.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 08:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, was also suppose to be sexist.  Nailed that one too,

For the record the foul occurred on the OPPOSITE side of where Thomas was.  It was on the MALE...not her...to make the call.

Sexist? Stop trying to make stuff up.

If she is the best candidate then fine. But let's not make it a focus to find a token to hire. I am no fan of the way the NFL hires their refs anyway. But it's irrelevant when they make their rules so complicated it's impossible for a person to get it right all the time.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 05:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sexist?  Stop trying to make stuff up.  

If she is the best candidate then fine.   But let's not make it a focus to find a token to hire.   I am no fan of the way the NFL hires their refs anyway.   But it's irrelevant when they make their rules so complicated it's impossible for a person to get it right all the time.

As I was saying it wasn't her call to miss so she is not relevant to the play in question let alone what her gender is.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 08:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: As I was saying it wasn't her call to miss so she is not relevant to the play in question let alone what her gender is.

I was.not even talking about whether she missed a call or not . I didn't even know she was involved. I was speaking at the overall hiring priority that the NFL puts on refs. It seems They are more interested in the first woman ref than making sure any of the refs know what's going on.

This has nothing to do with sexism. It has everything to do with overall talent pool of the NFL refs.

Please stop throwing around labels just to be dramatic. I would hope we are all beyond that nonsense
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 10:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would hope we are all beyond that nonsense

Internet message boards are where hope comes to die.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 11:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They should have never caved when the refs walked out.    Just fire all of them.  

(11-21-2015, 05:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sexist?  Stop trying to make stuff up.  

If she is the best candidate then fine.   But let's not make it a focus to find a token to hire.   I am no fan of the way the NFL hires their refs anyway.   But it's irrelevant when they make their rules so complicated it's impossible for a person to get it right all the time.

(11-23-2015, 10:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I was.not even talking about whether she missed a call or not .  I didn't even know she was involved.   I was speaking at the overall hiring priority that the NFL puts on refs.    It seems They are more interested in the first woman ref than making sure any of the refs know what's going on.    

This has nothing to do with sexism.   It has everything to do with overall talent pool of the NFL refs.  

Please stop throwing around labels just to be dramatic.   I would hope we are all beyond that nonsense

So you were talking about what then?

It was a bad call that cost the Ravens a game.  You decided it was because they hired a woman rather than have a good official.  Even though the woman didn't get the call wrong.  So she was a good official.

One female official vs the myriad of bad calls and you want to blame that?

Please, continue...
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure sexist is the right word. Dumb, yes, but he didn't say she is making bad calls because she is a woman. He just said that the NFL is more worried about hiring women as refs instead of training their refs to not make bad calls.

Which is just dumb. But look who said it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 10:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not sure sexist is the right word. Dumb, yes, but he didn't say she is making bad calls because she is a woman. He just said that  the NFL is more worried about hiring women as refs instead of training their refs to not make bad calls.

Which is just dumb. But look who said it.

He's focused on the hiring of a woman vs training officials.  Dumb, yes.  But he didn't just say they are poorly trained or the NFL doesn't focus on hiring the best officials.  He said its a shame they are focused on hiring a woman vs all the other stuff.  So sexist, yes.
Reply/Quote