Poll: Which one of these 10 would you take in round 1 for the Bengals ?
Calijah Kancey (Defensive Tackle)
Emmanuel Forbes (Corner)
Quentin Johnston (wide receiver)
Brian Branch (Safety/Corner)
Anton Harrison (Offensive Tackle)
Darnell Washington (Tight end)
Dalton Kincaid (Tight end)
Michael Mayer (Tight End)
Brian Bresee (Defensive Tackle)
Will McDonald IV (Edge Rusher)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only these few Options are left at Pick #28 - Poll

Assume that players like Bijan Robinson, Darnell Wright, Deonte Banks, Broderick Jones and others are chosen before the Bengals pick in round one.

The pickings get Slim.

These 10 Options are what you have to choose from for the Bengals pick in round 1.

Who would you take ?
Reply/Quote
I'm in love with Bresee's upside (Chris Jones), so that's who I picked. But I could live with Washington or Harrison as well.
Reply/Quote
Washington, like having an extra OT with TE receiving skills. That said, with all three top tight ends available, I would be trying to trade down a few spots to get more picks, possibly a mid to high second plus mid to low third and a five or six.
Reply/Quote
Mayer is still the guy for me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was against a TE in the 1st until they signed Orlando Brown, Jr. I think Darnell Washington helps running the ball, helps the OTs pass block, helps with short to intermediate routes and is a red zone threat in the passing game.

If I had to pick out of those options that’s how I’m leaning. But, with those three TEs on the board, I’d try to trade back if possible.
Reply/Quote
The questions comes down to whether you want to draft a potential star who has a bust factor or if you want a player who is unlikely to become a star but has a low bust potential.

If you favor the former, then you'd want to take Calijah Kancey (Has some of the shortest arms of any DT ever drafted, but literally everything else about him is Aaron Donald adjacent), Emmanuel Forbes (legitimate shut down corner and turnover machine, instinctive and hard nosed in run support, but weighs 20 lbs less than the average CB which may limit his success in the NFL) or Darnell Washington (freakishly athletic tight end with a massive frame and incredible potential, but looked stiff and unrefined in pass catching in college).

If you favor the latter, it's basically Michael Mayer. I think Mayer's super duper high end is Mark Andrews, which would be incredible, but his most likely result would be something like Pat Friermuth. ~600 yards and 5 TDs annual average.

I went Kancey because I remember how important Atkins was for our defense and would like some of that juice back for this defense.
Reply/Quote
Dawand Jones create a black hole and fall into it?

Went with Forbes. He seems like an exciting player who could help fill a big need and add to our timely takeaway solid as hell defense. 14 INTs in three years and an SEC record six pic 6s. If he really played at the 166 he was at the combine... If he puts on 10lbs he will be the baddest 175 pounder in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I honestly think any of the top 3 TE would be a slam dunk but I took another look at Dalton Kincaid and he has Kelce like traits.
Reply/Quote
I went with Forbes, though could have been sold on Breesee and Kancey. D is starting to need a replenishment and we only have 2 CBs on after this season. Having 5 years of cost control for both starting CBs would be a god send if you hit
Reply/Quote
I went with Darnell Washington for the outstanding blocking ability and potential as a pass catcher down the line. He'd have this year to develop behind Irv Smith.
His main issues with him being clunky are not due to athleticism, but due to the fact he was used far less in the passing game than teammate Brock Bowers. If he's used more, I think he'll look more comfortable as a pass catcher.
He ran a faster 40, the same 10 split, bigger broad jump, and faster 3-cone than Mayer. All while being 15 lbs heavier. He did put up 1.5" shorter on the vert, but he's nearly 6'7" so he's still getting as high as Mayer can.

Given how the Bengals have shown they can get to the Super Bowl with TEs putting up under 500 yards, I think Washington will definitely be in the 400-600 yard range, but his ceiling can be a 600-800 yarder if he lives up to his potential.
Mayer is probably the safer guy to predict around 600 yards, but he's not the blocker Washington is. And the Bengals TEs run block a lot. We know how the running game has been, so the Bengals need to find ways to improve that too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote