Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Open-Minded Liberals at it again
(02-02-2017, 06:01 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: NPR was reporting on this today. The claim is that most of the demonstrators were non-students and that it was a small group of about 150 who called themselves the "Black Hats" (or something like that because they wear black stuff) that were responsible for the property damage.

The Republican students group at Berkley invited Milo to speak and the university agreed in recognition of free speech. Some students planned a small protest, but outside groups decided to join in. I'm told that the university apologized to Milo.

BTW - Milo really digs when people react this way. That's part of his shtick. This is huge publicity for him.

I have no problem with people protesting anything.  I think it's usually a waste of time, but perfectly acceptable.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-02-2017, 05:37 PM)Griever Wrote: i guess

dude is pretending to be, while hating on gays to get support from the crazies on the right

He's pretending to be gay?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-02-2017, 06:01 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: NPR was reporting on this today. The claim is that most of the demonstrators were non-students and that it was a small group of about 150 who called themselves the "Black Hats" (or something like that because they wear black stuff) that were responsible for the property damage.

The Republican students group at Berkley invited Milo to speak and the university agreed in recognition of free speech. Some students planned a small protest, but outside groups decided to join in. I'm told that the university apologized to Milo.

BTW - Milo really digs when people react this way. That's part of his shtick. This is huge publicity for him.

Here is a utube vid of Milo basically destroys a younger liberal argueing with him. He also mentions npr in it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxL_bf7wetE  Vid is rated R for language
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(02-02-2017, 05:38 PM)Griever Wrote: other than the various lies that he fabricates, hes on the up and up.... Ninja

Lol, hey I dont doubt that all sides lie to cover their side. Like I said I'm not a big fan of his techniques but some of the content is like wow. 
(02-02-2017, 05:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So am i supposed to feel sorry for this poor guy for not being able to spread his poisoness message?

Nope, but a reasonable person may feel bad about the violence that prevented him his right to "spread his poisoness message". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-02-2017, 05:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So am i supposed to feel sorry for this poor guy for not being able to spread his poisoness message?

We all have the right to free speech. To paraphrase a very old saying, I don't agree with what he says, but I would defend his right to say it.
(02-02-2017, 06:30 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Here is a utube vid of Milo basically destroys a younger liberal argueing with him. He also mentions npr in it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxL_bf7wetE  Vid is rated R for language

He is to politics what Kim Kardashian is to celebrity.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(02-02-2017, 01:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/berkeley-braces-protests-milo-yiannopoulos-talk-222135603.html

Dude was there to speak

The tolerant side continuing to show their intolerance.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Are you supposed to feel sorry for this poor girl not being able to hear the message?

I've read where Hill's VP pick is encouraging this "fighting in the streets". Is he part of the mainstream or fringe Left?

(02-02-2017, 05:48 PM)djam Wrote: No of course not. But maybe feel sorry for the folks who got hurt or their property destroyed. 

That guy Milo doesn't need your sympathy --and I personally think he's a cheeseball. They're playing right into him and his message though. You say his message is poison, but a lot of what he says is proven by what is happening at Berkley and he's doing all of this just to troll and fish the left, and its working. This is playing right into his narrative about the close-minded, racist, violent left. He's winning this battle right now big time and has been the entire time. It' suprising that even after Trump won over 2600 counties across America compared to Hillary's less than 500, that y'all dont see that this kind of stuff is a big reason why the left is losing. 

So the left is losing because a professional troll wasnt welcomed with open arms?

The right gets mad people say happy holidays. And they say it is a war on Christmas. 
(02-02-2017, 07:35 PM)Benton Wrote: We all have the right to free speech. To paraphrase a very old saying, I don't agree with what he says, but I would defend his right to say it.

At least for now. 

The thing is when you are out preaching a divisive nasty message. You attrack divisive nasty people. 

Professional troll got the reaction he was probably hoping for. 
(02-02-2017, 09:03 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: At least for now. 

The thing is when you are out preaching a divisive nasty message. You attrack divisive nasty people. 

Professional troll got the reaction he was probably hoping for. 

This reminds me of David Horowitz who went around 10 years ago taking out adds in campus news papers arguing against reparations for blacks.

Of course, some groups reacted as expected, stealing newspapers, etc. and Horowitz got the publicity he wanted--"the left" is against free speech.
(02-02-2017, 05:35 PM)djam Wrote: I get that O'Keefe probably tried to set them up in something he suspects they already do and he got caught, and I'm not saying I agree with that, but I'll tell you what. I dont think any other news source has had to make more apologies and corrections than Huffpo. Maaaaybe CNN, but  doubt it. It's hard for me to even click their links anymore, and I used to follow them in their early days. Arianna Huffington is nothing more than a political operative herself, just like O'Keefe. But despite that, he has some very juicy videos and many people have gotten fired over them because they were indeed busted breaking the law, despite who made the videos and what tactics they used to get the truth out. Just like the Wikileaks guy and Russians. I dont really give a crap who hacked it, its the lawless corruption the emails exposed that worries me the most. Thats the part we should be more worried about. 

I understand why you feel that way, but the mindset of "the ends justify the means" leads down some pretty dark roads societally, and in life in general.
(02-02-2017, 08:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So the left is losing because a professional troll wasnt welcomed with open arms?

The right gets mad people say happy holidays. And they say it is a war on Christmas. 

I gotta say I'm not shocked that you need this explained. The left is losing because they are intolerant, closed-minded, more and more untruthful and more and more violent all the time and they cant hide it well anymore. They are proving every day that the things they accuse their opposition of is actually what they are like. I mean seriously the left doesnt even champion for middle class workers anymore --they pay them no mind at all. They hurt more than help as far as jobs go. There isnt much left for the left, other than gender confusion, racial confusion and climate confusion that they are all about anymore at all. If it doesnt change, I doubt the democrat party will even be in existence much longer. 

Milo? He's trolling them because he knows it will work and he wants to expose them. Leftists are very predictable.
(02-03-2017, 08:15 AM)djam Wrote: I gotta say I'm not shocked that you need this explained. The left is losing because they are intolerant, closed-minded, more and more untruthful and more and more violent all the time and they cant hide it well anymore. They are proving every day that the things they accuse their opposition of is actually what they are like. I mean seriously the left doesnt even champion for middle class workers anymore --they pay them no mind at all. They hurt more than help as far as jobs go. There isnt much left for the left, other than gender confusion, racial confusion and climate confusion that they are all about anymore at all. If it doesnt change, I doubt the democrat party will even be in existence much longer. 

Milo? He's trolling them because he knows it will work and he wants to expose them. Leftists are very predictable.

Meanwhile the POTUS and his representatives are lying to the American people...bald faced lies....every day to justify their actions.

But let's stay focused on handful of idiots who caused trouble before a speech...right?  Don't look at what the people elected and appointed are doing.

Personally I'd let Milo speak...because then it's easier to take apart what he said.  Guys like him enjoy the hate because it allows them to play the victim card, so they stir the pot every chance they get knowing there will be a certain percentage that act up and out and he (and folks on his side) can say it is EVERYONE on the other side.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-02-2017, 11:32 PM)treee Wrote: I understand why you feel that way, but the mindset of "the ends justify the means" leads down some pretty dark roads societally, and in life in general.

So does corruption and greed that goes unchecked, and when its being carried out by powerful people I would say that leads down a darker road than the one you're describing. Anyone who can expose supposed leaders taking part corruption and lies, could be considered a hero to many people. The video of Scott Foval really paints a disturbing picture of the Democrat party. If a Republican were caught saying the things he did, it would be the biggest news ever --its all the liberal networks would talk about for a long time. They would hammer it relentlessly and frequently. 
(02-03-2017, 08:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: Meanwhile the POTUS and his representatives are lying to the American people...bald faced lies....every day to justify their actions.

But let's stay focused on handful of idiots who caused trouble before a speech...right?  Don't look at what the people elected and appointed are doing.

Personally I'd let Milo speak...because then it's easier to take apart what he said.  Guys like him enjoy the hate because it allows them to play the victim card, so they stir the pot every chance they get knowing there will be a certain percentage that act up and out and he (and folks on his side) can say it is EVERYONE on the other side.

Prove some lies. 
(02-03-2017, 08:37 AM)djam Wrote: Prove some lies. 

Bowling...Green...Massacre.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Trumps-Immigration-Executive-Order?pid=341455#pid341455
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-03-2017, 08:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: Bowling...Green...Massacre.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Trumps-Immigration-Executive-Order?pid=341455#pid341455

So she left out the word "attempted" and you call it a lie? Look at how fast the liberal media jumps on something so freaking lame. This is not proving anything except that the left is full of crap and literally looking to twist words, take things out of context and spin words to confuse their followers into believing a bunch of lies.