Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open letter from a Rams fan
pretty classy of him and well-done Bengals fans

https://www.bengals.com/news/open-letter-to-bengals-fans-from-rams-season-ticket-holder

To the Cincinnati Bengals,

First off let me tell you, whomever may be reading this, I'm a Los Angeles Rams season ticket holder. Now we can begin.

Congratulations on an amazing season your team had, winning the AFC and a trip to the Super Bowl!!! Well done. Great game.

The reason I'm writing this letter is to say how impressed I was with how fans of the Bengals not only represented their team, but their city.

I've had the fortunate experience of seeing many NFL games at SoFi Stadium cheering for my Rams, but also seeing on full display how fans of other teams behave in an opponent's stadium. Sadly, I more often than not saw pretty disturbing behavior and antics not worthy of proper human etiquette outside a stadium and certainly not inside one. NOT Bengals fans. The fans that traveled from Cincy were amazing. I engaged with numerous Bengals fans starting in the parking lot, to the pre-game activities outside the stadium, pre-game waiting for the game to start, to finally watching the game.

I have never experienced such nice, kind, polite fans of the opposing team ever at a Rams game.

I saw tears in Bengals' fans eyes and facial expressions that they couldn't believe they were at the game and inside SoFi Stadium, a wonder of architecture that as residents of L.A. we take for granted.

I saw, listened, and became friendly with so many Bengals fans who were always open to conversation about football, the season, how they got tickets, how long they are staying in L.A. and of course our famous traffic.

I was shown pictures and videos of their kids on their cell phones screaming 'Who Dey' and even pictures of the view of their seats at Paul Brown Stadium.

And it was EVERY fan of the Bengals. I couldn't believe it, just so nice.

Even after the game, countless Bengals fans shook my hand and offered congratulations when the game ended. What? You want to shake my hand? You just lost the game. I was taken aback. Didn't matter to Bengals fans, they showed absolute perfect sportsmanship and displayed such courteous behavior I will never forget.

My Super Bowl experience was fantastic not only because my team won the game, but watching the game with Bengals fans made it all the more special. I sincerely appreciated that.

Hats off and much respect for your fans and your city. I only can wish that more opposing fans that come to L.A. are as great as yours.

My second favorite team in the NFL is now the Cincinnati Bengals.

Thanks for your time

Elliot Kozolchyk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That is a pretty nice thing to do. Most people only write reviews or letters to complain. Cool to read something nice for a change
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 02:02 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: That is a pretty nice thing to do. Most people only write reviews or letters to complain. Cool to read something nice for a change

C'mon, it's not fair to drag Brad into this  Mellow   LOL

In all my years going to PBS and many a Thanksgiving up in Detroit, I've interacted with pretty much every fan base.  Most were either nice or well-behaved.  At the '99 Lions/Steelers game (the infamous coin-flip game) I met a nice couple from Dayton who were Steelers fans, and they couldn't have been nicer.  Most NFL fans are fans of the game too and can appreciate the game and respect their competition and opposing fans.  It's unfortunately the malcontents that get all of the attention. 

Good on this fan for expressing that.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 02:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: C'mon, it's not fair to drag Brad into this  Mellow   LOL

In all my years going to PBS and many a Thanksgiving up in Detroit, I've interacted with pretty much every fan base.  Most were either nice or well-behaved.  At the '99 Lions/Steelers game (the infamous coin-flip game) I met a nice couple from Dayton who were Steelers fans, and they couldn't have been nicer.  Most NFL fans are fans of the game too and can appreciate the game and respect their competition and opposing fans.  It's unfortunately the malcontents that get all of the attention. 

Brad is always pissed....
Reply/Quote
Elliot hasn't met all Bengals fans, he met the slice that were rich enough/fan enough to fly to California...it's a different type over there lol. Nice of him to hopefully root for us next, I told Browns fans I would, only if we won.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 02:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Elliot hasn't met all Bengals fans, he met the slice that were rich enough/fan enough to fly to California...it's a different type over there lol. Nice of him to hopefully root for us next, I told Browns fans I would, only if we won.

you can cheer for whatever team you want outside of the bengals except for shit stains and Pittsburgh. I’d say the whole division, but Martindale got shit canned so I’m indifferent towards them anymore
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 02:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: C'mon, it's not fair to drag Brad into this  Mellow   LOL

Do people out there steal seats from cripples?!

Hilarious
(02-24-2022, 02:25 PM)Tony Wrote: Brad is always pissed....

Only when people steal seats from cripples, lie, and/or claim that I've pretended to be paralyzed!

Other than that, I'm pretty chill!

Hilarious  
Reply/Quote
That's pretty cool. There are always fans of any team that fit this profile, and fans that fit the opposite end of the spectrum. But it wasn't about meeting a fan, or a couple of them. It was his experience across the board with the fans he met. That says something. Well done to those who made it to LA to watch the game and represent the fanbase and city so well! And good on this guy for calling attention to it and being a classy winner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 05:39 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: That's pretty cool.  There are always fans of any team that fit this profile, and fans that fit the opposite end of the spectrum.  But it wasn't about meeting a fan, or a couple of them.  It was his experience across the board with the fans he met.  That says something.  Well done to those who made it to LA to watch the game and represent the fanbase and city so well!  And good on this guy for calling attention to it and being a classy winner.

I mentioned it buy my brother went out to the game with his wife and a few other couples and, thankfully, I know they were a pretty good representation of the good Bengals fans.

Glad that our city and fanbase represented us well on the national stage.
Reply/Quote
I went to the Ravens game at M&T this year. People around me came up after the game and congratulated me on my team. I didn't act like an idiot so maybe there's that. I went to the Steelers game at PBS in 2019 and talked to quite a few Steelers fans who were also pretty cool, but I still detest the Steelers. Same with the Panthers fans in Charlotte.

The worst fans I have encountered by far were Cleveland Browns fans. They were obnoxious as hell and all were talking about how great Baker Mayfield is. They were loud and every time I turned around the guys in front of me ran down the steps and returned with two beers. Couldn't even enjoy the game, but maybe that was their point.

Nice to hear that our fans were respectful.
Reply/Quote
**** you, Elliot. Stop rubbing it in, you ***** dick.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 03:43 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: you can cheer for whatever team you want outside of the bengals except for shit stains and Pittsburgh. I’d say the whole division, but Martindale got shit canned so I’m indifferent towards them anymore

I don't understand that, those are 2 different types of fans. One with one team, and another with "any teams they want" lol. Not the same investment. The latter probably understands sports better and shouldn't be invested, but I don't think most Bengals fans are the latter. It's all the LSU/Burrow fans for sure.

e.g. the fan that has "2 favorite teams" in the same division, they are not the same type of fan. I know someone who was a NE fan (lives in Boston). When Brady went to tampa bay he said Tampa was always his 2nd favorite team. Huh? OK....lol.

When the Bengals win the super bowl it affects us who have "only 1 team" much more. I can understand not wanting to invest into Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 06:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: **** you, Elliot. Stop rubbing it in, you ***** dick.

Right, ain't no way a single Bengals fan would write this letter to LA. In the spirit of competition. I've been to plenty Bengals/Browns games, there's no "god damn everyone was so nice!". Come sit in the dawg pound and say that. Trying to make NFL some cupcake MLB game. I was not rooting for Stafford, I have friends who are "both" Bengals fans and "Stafford" fans. Weak, pick a team! Lol

I'm sure it was 100% tough for Burrow to "enjoy the loss", not in his character, a forced emotion.
Reply/Quote
This letter does nothing for my cold, Super Bowl winless heart.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 01:54 PM)pally Wrote: pretty classy of him and well-done Bengals fans

https://www.bengals.com/news/open-letter-to-bengals-fans-from-rams-season-ticket-holder

To the Cincinnati Bengals,

First off let me tell you, whomever may be reading this, I'm a Los Angeles Rams season ticket holder. Now we can begin.

Congratulations on an amazing season your team had, winning the AFC and a trip to the Super Bowl!!! Well done. Great game.

The reason I'm writing this letter is to say how impressed I was with how fans of the Bengals not only represented their team, but their city.

I've had the fortunate experience of seeing many NFL games at SoFi Stadium cheering for my Rams, but also seeing on full display how fans of other teams behave in an opponent's stadium. Sadly, I more often than not saw pretty disturbing behavior and antics not worthy of proper human etiquette outside a stadium and certainly not inside one. NOT Bengals fans. The fans that traveled from Cincy were amazing. I engaged with numerous Bengals fans starting in the parking lot, to the pre-game activities outside the stadium, pre-game waiting for the game to start, to finally watching the game.

I have never experienced such nice, kind, polite fans of the opposing team ever at a Rams game.

I saw tears in Bengals' fans eyes and facial expressions that they couldn't believe they were at the game and inside SoFi Stadium, a wonder of architecture that as residents of L.A. we take for granted.

I saw, listened, and became friendly with so many Bengals fans who were always open to conversation about football, the season, how they got tickets, how long they are staying in L.A. and of course our famous traffic.

I was shown pictures and videos of their kids on their cell phones screaming 'Who Dey' and even pictures of the view of their seats at Paul Brown Stadium.

And it was EVERY fan of the Bengals. I couldn't believe it, just so nice.

Even after the game, countless Bengals fans shook my hand and offered congratulations when the game ended. What? You want to shake my hand? You just lost the game. I was taken aback. Didn't matter to Bengals fans, they showed absolute perfect sportsmanship and displayed such courteous behavior I will never forget.

My Super Bowl experience was fantastic not only because my team won the game, but watching the game with Bengals fans made it all the more special. I sincerely appreciated that.

Hats off and much respect for your fans and your city. I only can wish that more opposing fans that come to L.A. are as great as yours.

My second favorite team in the NFL is now the Cincinnati Bengals.

Thanks for your time

Elliot Kozolchyk

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
I thought it was nice of him to write it. Of course if he came here for a game he would encounter his fair share of jackasses, but at least on the road our fans came across well. Pittsburgh fans are annoying anywhere.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote