Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening Day Ticket Opportunity
I enter this contest every year. Never was selected until last year. I clicked on the link at the designated time and sure enough I had a chance to buy subpar seats. You also had to buy the same number of tickets to a bad game. I tried it out and selected 4 seats. I was taken to checkout only to find the total was over $400. Remember you got a total of 8 tickets. I recall the seats may have been upper deck. Anyway, I decided to not click the purchase button. I will not be entering this contest ever again. The real opportunity is for the Reds to rip you off.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm more interested in the concert series this year. It says the post game concerts will be announced soon. Now that sounds like a good time as long as it is not raining.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
a few years ago my son and I planned to go watch a game in Cincinnati (we lived in Columbus at the time) so I went online to get the tickets.. Turns out that just 2 tickets for some unknown game would have cost well over $100 so we opted to watch on TV instead.. 
When I was a kid dad always had season tickets from work, but that was long ago and far away back when neither of either me nor my brother were old enough to drive and mom didn't feel like driving us all the way from Dayton to Cincinnati.. The games we did go to were kind of torturous riding in the backseat with my dad driving and he always wanted to leave games early with one exception when we begged them to stay only to see JB hit a grand slam in the bottom of the 9th to win it.. To this day I ask my 90 year old dad, "AREN'T YOU GLAD WE STAYED?" He doesn't even remember it now.. That kind of takes the fun out of the whole "Aren't you glad we stayed?" thing..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have not seen this contest this year yet. I wonder if they plan on doing something different.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Saw it on REDS.COM and it says you must also purchase tickets to another game. Just be aware the other games are not prime games.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 01:58 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Saw it on REDS.COM and it says you must also purchase tickets to another game. Just be aware the other games are not prime games.

Wait, you mean not ALL games are prime games? Some count less than others during the seasons?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2019, 11:58 AM)grampahol Wrote: Wait, you mean not ALL games are prime games? Some count less than others during the seasons?

Lol. Just be ready for a day game in August.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2019, 09:24 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Lol. Just be ready for a day game in August.

Yep.  Day game before the All-Star break? =  Worth spending PTO for the day.  After the break? =  These seats better come with 2 days wages included..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote