Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening day let's not run at Khalil Mack, k?
(08-31-2015, 01:27 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I mean, I'm all for the element of surprise, but that dude looked as good as advertised tonight. Like pro-bowl good (assuming he isn't injured during the course of the year).  

In fact, I think our first game might be one where we're going to have to get it done through the air. I'm not saying give up on the run, but 60 yards on 20 carries from Hill may actually constitute a good night from the ground attack.

I'm hearing mixed reports about their corners - and I didn't see the game.   But if they have weak corners I'd start off with some longer passes to get their safety out of the box.   Then pound it right at Mack like Redlegs says.

It's going to be a tough game.  I can't wait.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's a heck of a player, but we have to play to our strengths.
Reply/Quote
Give the ball to Jeremy and run over Mack..

Jeremy Height 6' 2", Weight 236 lbs
Mack Height 6' 3", Weight 247 lbs

Give the Ball to Jeremy with some momentum, I like our odds... Flatten Mack out like pancake...

Back down there ain't no backdowns in the NFL!!! Go right at him....!! hit him flat footed.. he ain't got nothing!!
Reply/Quote
You think Marvin Lewis is gonna read this?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm glad this thread was started because I watched the Raiders starters as well last night.

There defense is good. Strong corner play with a ferocious line. I think we will have to play our run game heavily and have a smart game plan to move the ball against them. As you said though, avoid Kalil Mack! Guy is scary good. After week 1 I may end up rooting for the raiders this year, their team is new and interesting, and I've always like Del Rio

Their offesne I'm not as worried about. Carr overthrew some passes and other than the new rookie WR, they dont have much talent at the skill positions. Still, I've seen our D come out flat too many times to not have a little nervousness.

It will be a defensive game, so people will complain when we only beat the raiders by 6 or 10, but I think the raiders are a LOT better than they have been the last few years. Not a cakewalk.

I'm a bit worried about the Raiders game, tbh.  I wasn't until I saw them last night.  I think our D will be up to it.  If Andy has time, our offense should be up to it too.  If not, it could be a long day.  These are not your older brother's Raiders.

Could be a close enough game that something screwy could determine the outcome.

Andy has made a habit out of knocking down the old walls.  Hope this is the next one to fall.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Bengals 0-10 in Oakland.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 09:44 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Bengals 0-10 in Oakland.

If memory serves, the curse that Pedro Borboun put on the Reds lasted 10 years.

Let's hope the curse of Bo Jackson ends at ten games....
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 09:56 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: If memory serves, the curse that Pedro Borboun put on the Reds lasted 10 years.

Let's hope the curse of Bo Jackson ends at ten games....

God I hope not!!!  The Curse of Bo is a POST-SEASON thing, currently at 6 games.  The 0 for at Oakland existed long before Bo was around...
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 09:28 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: No, I don't think we should back off our running game, but this team seems to come in unprepared sometimes.  If they are expecting the Raiders of last year and don't prepare, they will lose.

This is generally true, but I'm sure Hue's exit in Oakland left a very bad taste in his mouth. Hue will want to beat the tar out of the Raiders. He better have the offense fired up. I'm pretty confident that our D can handle Carr & Co.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 12:29 AM)tenacious-B Wrote: This is generally true, but I'm sure Hue's exit in Oakland left a very bad taste in his mouth. Hue will want to beat the tar out of the Raiders. He better have the offense fired up. I'm pretty confident that our D can handle Carr & Co.

Good point.  If the Bengals come out flat in any way this game, I will lose it.  Take care of business and "it's on to San Diego".  1-0, with them coming to PBS.  That's how we need to start the season. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 03:42 PM)Element Wrote: You think Marvin Lewis is gonna read this?

Fool! I AM Marvin Lewis 

... Tongue 

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 10:50 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Fool! I AM Marvin Lewis 

... Tongue 

Most of the ideas on here are in Marvin's Playbook!! lol... 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:27 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I mean, I'm all for the element of surprise, but that dude looked as good as advertised tonight. Like pro-bowl good (assuming he isn't injured during the course of the year).  

In fact, I think our first game might be one where we're going to have to get it done through the air. I'm not saying give up on the run, but 60 yards on 20 carries from Hill may actually constitute a good night from the ground attack.

I think we should not take Oakland for granted, but neither should we be afraid of them. I would like to see as much running as passing, 50 / 50 . ....OK, Mack, but what about the defenses in the AFC North that are always tough. Then there is the NFC West with some tough defenses. Yes, we play all the AFC West teams. ....Are we to give up on the run before Game One ????.........We have Hill and Gio and Burkhead and Hewitt.......We have Whitworth and Company.......Pass blocking is all defensive with our O Lineman taking the hits. Let our Hogs be able to fire off the line and hit the defenses on running plays. Those plays wear down the other teams defense by the 4th quarter....Run and running blocking lays some hits on the other teams defense. .....Plus, Hill or Gio or Burkhead can break a big 50 or 60 yard TD run, we know this. .....The 81 Super Bowl Bengals could RUN.......The 88 Super Bowl Bengals could RUN......The 2015 Bengals need to be able to RUN......In spite of all the talk that the NFL is a passing league now, that is garbage. I notice Play-Off winners and Super Bowl teams still run the football up other teams rear ends. .....So in spite of Mack, I say no to Dalton passing all game. THe Black Hole Fans will be LOUD. We need to use Hill and the other RBs.  We need to play solid defense and run the ball 50 % of the game. I'm sure ex Raider coach Hue Jackson knows this.  If we are afraid of this Mack guy, then we don't stand a chance in the AFC North in 2015. 

I like that you are scouting the opponents.....but I must disagree on us not firing off the line on run blocking and using our talented RB's, just because of this Mack guy. Every NFL team has stars on defense, as per the AFC North. I think Hue Jackson is the Joker in the deck here, and he has coached Oakland and still thinks you need to run the ball. I don't see Hue not trying to run the ball. I'm hoping it's 50 / 50 on run and pass. I'm hoping one of our RBs gets 100 yards, because we win most games when a RB gets 100 yards. I'ld love to the hogs fire off the snap and open a hole and Hill or somebody break of a 60 yard touchdown run. .....GO BENGALS !!!!

We could use a great defensive showing, and I think our first string D can do that.....We all agree, Lets Start The Season With A Win. This game could go down to the last seconds, most wins we have had at Oakland have. I will be happy with a win by just 1 point on the West Coast.....Mack better be wondering how he is going to stop us, because we have a big and good O Line and a good stable of running backs. Teams can't go into the box to stop the run because we have all these passing weapons. Gruden is gone and so is all the pass happy, look for Hue to run as much as pass. Paul Brown would use Hill and Gio, when you've got a gun, shoot it. I still think Hill and Gio can be like Woods and Ickey, one big, one small, both good. Plus Burkhead. Hewitt is becoming a power at FB / TE
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill fears no man.

We run at who we want and we impose our will on teams.

Let Hill run at him and wear him down trying to hold up on blocks, while also trying to tackle Hill, and watch him become a non-factor.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 12:30 PM)kevin Wrote: I think we should not take Oakland for granted, but neither should we be afraid of them. I would like to see as much running as passing, 50 / 50 . ....OK, Mack, but what about the defenses in the AFC North that are always tough. Then there is the NFC West with some tough defenses. Yes, we play all the AFC West teams. ....Are we to give up on the run before Game One ????.........We have Hill and Gio and Burkhead and Hewitt.......We have Whitworth and Company.......Pass blocking is all defensive with our O Lineman taking the hits. Let our Hogs be able to fire off the line and hit the defenses on running plays. Those plays wear down the other teams defense by the 4th quarter....Run and running blocking lays some hits on the other teams defense. .....Plus, Hill or Gio or Burkhead can break a big 50 or 60 yard TD run, we know this. .....The 81 Super Bowl Bengals could RUN.......The 88 Super Bowl Bengals could RUN......The 2015 Bengals need to be able to RUN......In spite of all the talk that the NFL is a passing league now, that is garbage. I notice Play-Off winners and Super Bowl teams still run the football up other teams rear ends. .....So in spite of Mack, I say no to Dalton passing all game. THe Black Hole Fans will be LOUD. We need to use Hill and the other RBs.  We need to play solid defense and run the ball 50 % of the game. I'm sure ex Raider coach Hue Jackson knows this.  If we are afraid of this Mack guy, then we don't stand a chance in the AFC North in 2015. 

I like that you are scouting the opponents.....but I must disagree on us not firing off the line on run blocking and using our talented  RB's, just because of this Mack guy. Every NFL team has stars on defense, as per the AFC North.  I think Hue Jackson is the Joker in the deck here, and he has coached Oakland and still thinks you need to run the ball. I don't see Hue not trying to run the ball. I'm hoping it's 50 / 50 on run and pass. I'm hoping one of our RBs gets 100 yards, because we win most games when a RB gets 100 yards. I'ld love to the hogs fire off the snap and open a hole and Hill or somebody break of a 60 yard touchdown run. .....GO BENGALS !!!!

We could use a great defensive showing, and I think our first string D can do that.....We all agree, Lets Start The Season With A Win. This game could go down to the last seconds, most wins we have had at Oakland have. I will be happy with a win by just 1 point on the West Coast.....Mack better be wondering how he is going to stop us, because we have a big and good O Line and a good stable of running backs. Teams can't go into the box to stop the run because we have all these passing weapons.  Gruden is gone and so is all the pass happy, look for Hue to run as much as pass. Paul Brown would use Hill and Gio, when you've got a gun, shoot it. I still think Hill and Gio can be like Woods and Ickey, one big, one small, both good. Plus Burkhead. Hewitt is becoming a power at FB / TE

I think Burkhead is the "X" factor.
Reply/Quote
This is what their gameplan on defense will be--stop the run at all costs and make Andy beat them. Here's to Andy doing just that with the multiple weapons at his disposal.

This year, defenses cannot sell out to stop AJ. We should be able to win games without AJ having to have a big day.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

I hope you're right.  I'm going against Jeremy Hill in my fantasy league opening week.  I'm starting Amari Cooper as well.  This is why I don't like being in them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:29 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's very good.
Would be smart to often chip him.

I'm of the belief if you have an RB like Hill, run at a guy like Mack. Run the trey block. Wear him down. Get those legs tired.

I agree. That's a good philosophy for negating a defensive player. His speed allows him to close on you when the plays away from him. He probably likes that.

Reply/Quote
We have Hill in the backfield guys, not Gio. We can run at him for some plays lol
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 07:20 PM)type_stripe Wrote: We have Hill in the backfield guys, not Gio. We can run at him for some plays lol

I think both Hill and Gio will see action as they keep the fresh legs in, and also Burkhead in several ways. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote