Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on Bryce Callahan or Patrick Peterson?
Note: There are yet no rumors linking these two players to the Bengals, I'm just putting my thoughts out there to see what you guys think about them as players.

NFL.com FA list: https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2022-who-are-the-best-nfl-players-available has Callahan and Peterson as the best FA corners left excluding Gilmore.

Many people post our secondary could use some help, so would Callahan or Peterson on a reasonable deal benefit the team?

Callahan was ranked the 54th best FA overall and Peterson was ranked 80th. I suppose Peterson intrigues me, but I'm basing this off his past success as a younger player. The FA list does state Peterson had a solid season with the Vikings last year. Callahan is a slot corner, so I don't think we have a need for him.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Post #15 in this thread does a way better job looking at available CBs:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Well-they-did-it-we-have-Glass-Eaters?pid=1196660#pid1196660
Reply/Quote
I see no reason to not entertain Gilmore and cut Waynes if he signs considering the interest from gilmore
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:02 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I see no reason to not entertain Gilmore and cut Waynes if he signs considering the interest from gilmore

I'm also onboard with wanting Gilmore, but I thought the almighty internet rumor machine indicates he's likely going to be a Raider? Hmmm, I think someone on this forum said a Malik Wright tweet indicated we probably aren't getting him.
Reply/Quote
More of a slot corner, not really a fit for us with Hilton and needing a boundary corner.
Reply/Quote
Need a boundary Corner, Stephon Gilmore fits more than Peterson cause of age or Callahan the Slot CB.

Then cut Waynes.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 03:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need a boundary Corner, Stephon Gilmore fits more than Peterson cause of age or Callahan the Slot CB.

Then cut Waynes.

Steven Nelson? Mike Hughes?  1 yr deals?
Reply/Quote
Patrick Peterson on a 1-2 year deal is #3 on my list of preferred final signings.

1. JC Tretter
2. Bobby Wagner
3. Patrick Peterson

Any one of those three would be a nice final icing on the FA cake.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:49 PM)pulses Wrote: Steven Nelson? Mike Hughes?  1 yr deals?

DANG!  Hughes was signed by the Lions 1 yr 3.5 mil.  What a deal!
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:49 PM)pulses Wrote: Steven Nelson? Mike Hughes?  1 yr deals?

Liked Mike Hughes before I just heard from Yogo he signed with the Lions.

Steven Nelson said some derogatory things about Burrow last year I heard so I don't give him thoughts.

(03-21-2022, 09:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Patrick Peterson on a 1-2 year deal is #3 on my list of preferred final signings.

1. JC Tretter
2. Bobby Wagner
3. Patrick Peterson

Any one of those three would be a nice final icing on the FA cake.

I heard we aren't interested in Tretter so I guess he is out.

We have our leader at Linebacker in Logan Wilson so Bobby is probably out.

PP is old so he is out.

Would prefer Gilmore but I heard we aren't interested so he is out.

Maybe Joe Haden and bring back Quinton Spain as a backup or emergency starter in case Carman isn't ready...

(03-21-2022, 09:47 PM)Yogo Wrote: DANG!  Hughes was signed by the Lions 1 yr 3.5 mil.  What a deal!

Yep, good deal for the Lions. Hughes is a good Corner from what I have seen.
Reply/Quote