Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opposite of what we thing will happen - Maybe it's a jinx?
I remember going into last year, during the preseason there was talk about how many weapons we had on offense. How we possibly had too many good WR's. How the running game would be great.

Then, we had one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

Then, this offseason there was a lot of talk about how great the defense was. How the line was so dominant and would get a ton of pressure on the QB and be a Top 5 unit. There was also talk of Pollack fixing the offensive line.

Then, we had the worst defense in the NFL and the offensive line was equally as bad as last year.

Obviously preseason games are worthless for judging anything. But, our expectations are obviously too high too.
Reply/Quote
Expectations of not being the new Cleveland Browns” is not really a high one.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The O line hasn't improved at all? I know we suck this year, but c'mon now...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 12:46 PM)jason Wrote: The O line hasn't improved at all? I know we suck this year, but c'mon now...

If you look at overall PFF grades...it really hasn't. Plus, Boling grades way lower.

Andre Smith graded much higher than our current RT too.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 06:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If you look at overall PFF grades...it really hasn't. Plus, Boling grades way lower.

Andre Smith graded much higher than our current RT too.

Eyeball test... They look better to me. Great?... Hell no, but I'd say they've improved. Mixon couldn't do shit last year. We still haven't seen him behind a really good line, but there's been improvement.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote