Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opposition to cremation based on religion?
Anyone opposed to being cremated based on your religious beliefs?
(12-06-2018, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone opposed to being cremated based on your religious beliefs?

I was for being cremated before my religion was.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Ashes to ashes
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
We just lost a member of the family recently and wondered about this as we tried to decide what she might want. Didn't seem like there was anything biblical that speaks against it from conversations with some of the more religious people in the family.

Not sure about other religions outside of Christianity.

Me personally. I'd prefer to avoid fire at all cost during that transition.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(12-06-2018, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone opposed to being cremated based on your religious beliefs?

The Catholic Church used to be but has changed.  Still can't scatter them though.  Dino can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it had something to do with denying the resurrection of the body.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-06-2018, 05:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The Catholic Church used to be but has changed.  Still can't scatter them though.  Dino can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it had something to do with denying the resurrection of the body.  

I never really looked into it after the changed their stance. 

My MIL wants hers spread around all of her kid's homes....not something any of us want her to have done!  LOL!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-06-2018, 06:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: I never really looked into it after the changed their stance. 

My MIL wants hers spread around all of her kid's homes....not something any of us want her to have done!  LOL!

Well you've got a built in excuse.  "We'd love to mom, but it's a no no. No scattering."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I want to be cremated for two reasons.

1. Caskets are a huge scam. All that money for a box you'll be seen in like twice before shoving it into a dirt hole.

2. Lets say your casket somehow does manage to protect you through time. I don't want some asshole archeologist to dig me up 2,000 years from now and put me on display in some museum display of "Ancient Americans" like we did to the Ancient Egyptians.

It's also just good practice to not take up all that space with our dead (a grave plot is 20sq ft, we have 7.7b people alive, that would be 154b sq ft for those graves. Ohio is about 1.25t sq ft), and that's not even touching on the possibility of a zombie apocalypse. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I just wish 41 had been cremated.

Lots of good "burning bush" jokes from that.
I'm Catholic and I think I want to be cremated. i didn't even know that could have been a problem?  but then again, i'm not the greatest Catholic in the world.  No one is going to mistake me for the next Pope.  I'm just not sure what I want done with my ashes though. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(12-06-2018, 11:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I want to be cremated for two reasons.

1. Caskets are a huge scam. All that money for a box you'll be seen in like twice before shoving it into a dirt hole.

2. Lets say your casket somehow does manage to protect you through time. I don't want some asshole archeologist to dig me up 2,000 years from now and put me on display in some museum display of "Ancient Americans" like we did to the Ancient Egyptians.

It's also just good practice to not take up all that space with our dead (a grave plot is 20sq ft, we have 7.7b people alive, that would be 154b sq ft for those graves. Ohio is about 1.25t sq ft), and that's not even touching on the possibility of a zombie apocalypse. Ninja

ACtually, I would be fine with helping future archeologists. 

And I'd have no objection to Ohio finally being put to good use.

But unless those future archeologists are prepared to pay for casket and embalming now, then I am going the cheap route.
I'm a "return to the Earth" subscriber and would like to have my body buried in either a biodegradable shroud or casket.

However, cemeteries are an absurd waste of space, so only if society moves past those. Otherwise, either cremate me or bury me at sea.
I am donating my body to the Knoxville zoo to be used as food. They have a huge surges in attendance on the days when they feed human bodies to the animals. I figure it was the least I could do to support the zoo. And, of course, I am requesting that I be fed to the Bengal tigers.
(12-07-2018, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am donating my body to the Knoxville zoo to be used as food.  They have a huge surges in attendance on the days when they feed human bodies to the animals.  I figure it was the least I could do to support the zoo.  And, of course, I am requesting that I be fed to the Bengal tigers.

Tigers don't eat fruit. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-07-2018, 06:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tigers don't eat fruit. 

[Image: hello-operator-id-like-to-report-shots-fired.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]