Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimism...LOL
Well, CBS has us picking 5th overall in their first 2019 mock draft!!! Something to look forward to.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-dolphins-broncos-chargers-jaguars-land-new-quarterbacks/
Reply/Quote
That’s funny.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 07:33 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Well, CBS has us picking 5th overall in their first 2019 mock draft!!!  Something to look forward to.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-dolphins-broncos-chargers-jaguars-land-new-quarterbacks/

Vegas odds has us picking 2nd.....that is what I always use for an early 2019 first round mock. While that could mean you snag Ed Oliver or Nick Bosa which are absolute game changers there is no way in hell I hope we up picking 2nd and if we did then it would absolutely be time to take a long hard look at a QB change so we miss out on the two transcendent defensive linemen anyways in that scenario.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I remember what happened the last time people predicted the Bengals to do very bad. In fact, some thought they would go 0-16 with a rookie QB and rookie WR. Ended up making the playoffs that year.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 09:41 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I remember what happened the last time people predicted the Bengals to do very bad. In fact, some thought they would go 0-16 with a rookie QB and rookie WR. Ended up making the playoffs that year.

I guess we'll have to live with flying under the radar once again. I noticed a recent post-draft power rankings had us at 31, just ahead of Cleveland. It is the silly season, and when all one has is the record we've had the past two years, what other projection should we expect? 

Go ahead, World. Ridicule us. We'll just lay low, and build ourselves into the best team we can muster. Come Christmas time, we'll see who speculated the best. Meanwhile, this year's journey to the Promised Land appears to be worthy of our attention, and respect for the effort.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 10:17 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: I guess we'll have to live with flying under the radar once again. I noticed a recent post-draft power rankings had us at 31, just ahead of Cleveland. It is the silly season, and when all one has is the record we've had the past two years, what other projection should we expect? 

Go ahead, World. Ridicule us. We'll just lay low, and build ourselves into the best team we can muster. Come Christmas time, we'll see who speculated the best. Meanwhile, this year's journey to the Promised Land appears to be worthy of our attention, and respect for the effort.
^
What he said!! 
Reply/Quote
I really don't understand how the number is that low. Think about it for a second:

Worst LT in the game is replaced by a top 10 LT in the game.
Worst C in the game is replaced by a 1st round talent.

We didn't lose anyone significant from the starting 22. Explain to me how, after going 7-9, the number can be so low.
Reply/Quote
Because we are not media darlings, Baltimore and Pitt hog it all the AFCN.
Reply/Quote
For some reason last season just before pre-season I really thought we were going to be a serious SB contender. Im always excited about my team but have learned over the years to be realistic, but that was not the case last season. So i was pissed to say the least with how the season unfolded. I see us being a .500 team this year, just good enough to keep Marvin and Dalton but bad enough to miss the playoffs or have any real chance of doing any damaged if we somehow make it. If we overachieve great. I hate to say it but I can honestly see Cleveland winning a playoff game before we end our drought. That team is the whipping post but man they have some serious talent. With Ben, Flacco getting old and Cincy maybe in transition after this season I can see the Browns being the team to beat in the AFCN, Hell maybe just maybe the whole AFC.
Reply/Quote
It was surprising to see the team end with a 7-9 record when they had such a terrible OL and the injuries to Eifert and Ross.
I think with a (hopefully) healthy Eifert and Ross along with an improved OL (at least at LT and C), the Bengals should be in that 9-10 win range for 2018.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 12:49 AM)TKUHL Wrote: For some reason last season just before pre-season I really thought we were going to be a serious SB contender. Im always excited about my team but have learned over the years to be realistic, but that was not the case last season. So i was pissed to say the least with how the season unfolded. I see us being a .500 team this year, just good enough to keep Marvin and Dalton but bad enough to miss the playoffs or have any real chance of doing any damaged if we somehow make it. If we overachieve great. I hate to say it but I can honestly see Cleveland winning a playoff game before we end our drought. That team is the whipping post but man they have some serious talent. With Ben, Flacco getting old and Cincy maybe in transition after this season I can see the Browns being the team to beat in the AFCN, Hell maybe just maybe the whole AFC.

I thought the team would make the playoffs last year, but I knew the line would ve a little bit of a problem.  I didn't realize it would end up being such a disaster.  

I have a hard time believing this team won't be 8-8, 9-7 this year.  The skill positions are in great shape, if the line holds up, the offense will be fine.  The defense was very good last year.  IF they stay healthy, I would expect more of the same this year.
Reply/Quote
Bengals won 7 games last year with a terrible offensive line. I don't see how Vegas now feels they are basically a 3-13 team since they have improved the offensive line with Glenn, Price, and hopefully a healthy Fisher. Could very easily see them going 7-9 or 6-10, but don't see a 3-13 type season coming.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 12:49 AM)TKUHL Wrote: For some reason last season just before pre-season I really thought we were going to be a serious SB contender

I can see the Browns being the team to beat in the AFCN, Hell maybe just maybe the whole AFC.

Anyone else see a pattern here?
Reply/Quote