Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimism coming back?
(03-13-2018, 03:07 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Oh no no no.....they can’t fool me anymore. I’ve seen Peanuts when Lucy keeps pulling the football out from Charlie Brown.  Every damn time.  No, it’s going to take a hell of a lot more than just one signing of an oft injured OL to bring me back into the fold.  I know how our doctors operate. Are we sure Glenn is fully healthy or is he going to retire due to complications from his injuries?  Our team doctors can misdiagnose a common cold as a broken fibula.  I have no expectations whatsoever for Glenn or these new coaches we brought in.  You can paint a turd orange, it’s still a turd.

That was the old medical staff that got replaced man and to not have any expectations for Frank Pollack, Teryl Austin
and Alex Van Pelt is kind of sad when they have been very successful in the NFL. Pollack and Van Pelt are clear upgrades
over the coaches that were here before.

I just cannot be a fan of a team and have no hope, especially after they made very good moves.

Like i said, if we can run the ball and protect our QB it takes away most of Merv's weaknesses and keeps our Defense
fresh which was a big reason we were not very good on D last year. They were on the field all the damn time.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 03:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That was the old medical staff that got replaced man and to not have any expectations for Frank Pollack, Teryl Austin
and Alex Van Pelt is kind of sad when they have been very successful in the NFL. Pollack and Van Pelt are clear upgrades

I just cannot be a fan of a team and have no hope, especially after they made very good moves.

Like i said, if we can run the ball and protect our QB it takes away most of Merv's weaknesses and keeps our Defense
fresh which was a big reason we were not very good on D last year. They were on the field all the damn time.

Somehow, Browns fans have hope and fill the stadiums every year. They always say they make good moves, then struggling to win 3-4 games per year.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 03:28 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Somehow, Browns fans have hope and fill the stadiums every year. They always say they make good moves, then struggling to win 3-4 games per year.

It's an I.Q. thing.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 03:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That was the old medical staff that got replaced man and to not have any expectations for Frank Pollack, Teryl Austin

That’s totally alright man. I’m glad you’ve got some optimism, I just don’t anymore. Im in the ‘prove it to me’ boat. Let me see what you got. This is what apathy, apathy that has set on for so long gets me. I’m not getting my hopes up just to see them crushed again.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Cautiously optimistic is exactly right. I will say this, I am actually looking forward to the draft (like always) but I find myself looking forward to free agency, even if it turn out to be exactly like what we expect (a whole lotta nothin').
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 03:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Cautiously optimistic is exactly right. I will say this, I am actually looking forward to the draft (like always) but I find myself looking forward to free agency, even if it turn out to be exactly like what we expect (a whole lotta nothin').

Draft will bring more optimism for me, like always.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 03:28 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Somehow, Browns fans have hope and fill the stadiums every year. They always say they make good moves, then struggling to win 3-4 games per year.

We are much different than the Stains. We have a terrible year and win 7 games.

This is a different move than we normally make which is nada...

We opened up the Draft which we haven't done in forever. We always go into the Draft saying eh, we are alright when we aren't.

(03-13-2018, 03:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It's an I.Q. thing.

lol

(03-13-2018, 03:32 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: That’s totally alright man.  I’m glad you’ve got some optimism, I just don’t anymore.  Im in the ‘prove it to me’ boat.  Let me see what you got. This is what apathy, apathy that has set on for so long gets me.  I’m not getting my hopes up just to see them crushed again.

Cool brother. I don't hurt like i used to either, i have became pretty numb after all my hopes getting crushed over and over lol

Big move bringing in Cordy Glenn though, dude is proven, unlike a Draft pick would be.

Pollack, Van Pelt and the Draft have me optimistic on top of this. If we still had PA here i would be right there with you.

(03-13-2018, 03:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Draft will bring more optimism for me, like always.

Same here, love the Draft. Rock On
Reply/Quote

The Browns always make good moves?  When?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 04:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Browns always make good moves?  When?

To be fair, he said "they say they make good moves" with the "they" referring to Browns fans. He's not saying the Browns make good moves only that Browns fans SAY they make good moves.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
There's still a lot that needs to be done. Mike Brown can **** up a wet dream. I've seen this trick before. They're just dangling that carrot right out in front of everyone. Remember, the FO already cut our available cap space in half. Glenn costs $11m. True, cutting Pacman saved $6m which means Glenn only added a net cap increase of $5m. However, I have a feeling Mikey boy is still subtracting Glenn's full $11m and will have Hobson talk about us having $4m or so remaining to spend.
Reply/Quote
Until Marv is gone I have no optimism that this team will be anything but mediocre. Firing PA and trading for Glenn won’t fix Marv’s inability to prepare for primetime, Steelers or playoff games. Won’t fix bad challenges and timeouts. Won’t fix coming out of halftime and getting out coached by every other coach in the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 06:56 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Until Marv is gone I have no optimism that this team will be anything but mediocre.  Firing PA and trading for Glenn won’t fix Marv’s inability to prepare for primetime, Steelers or playoff games. Won’t fix bad challenges and timeouts. Won’t fix coming out of halftime and getting out coached by every other coach in the league.

My feelings also.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 06:56 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Until Marv is gone I have no optimism that this team will be anything but mediocre.  Firing PA and trading for Glenn won’t fix Marv’s inability to prepare for primetime, Steelers or playoff games. Won’t fix bad challenges and timeouts. Won’t fix coming out of halftime and getting out coached by every other coach in the league.

This. 100%.

We've still got the same HC. Same guy preparing them. Same guy talking to them at halftime. Same guy giggling after the game.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 06:39 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: There's still a lot that needs to be done. Mike Brown can **** up a wet dream. I've seen this trick before. They're just dangling that carrot right out in front of everyone. Remember, the FO already cut our available cap space in half. Glenn costs $11m. True, cutting Pacman saved $6m which means Glenn only added a net cap increase of $5m. However, I have a feeling Mikey boy is still subtracting Glenn's full $11m and will have Hobson talk about us having $4m or so remaining to spend.

We will see, FA hasn't even started yet. I think this was a great start.

(03-13-2018, 07:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: My feelings also.  ThumbsUp

(03-13-2018, 07:00 PM)kdgjr Wrote: This. 100%.

We've still got the same HC. Same guy preparing them. Same guy talking to them at halftime. Same guy giggling after the game.

This is all understandable. Merv is still here, but like i keep saying if the O-line can run block for our two talented RB's
and keep our QB protected it minimizes Merv's poor coaching some. If we are running over teams we can be conservative.

But since Merv doesn't think in game adjustments are a thing i definately understand you guys.
Reply/Quote
"Holy shit, Mike. You weren't kidding. They're still talking about optimism...."

[Image: nfl_a_lewbrown_cr_576.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 07:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We will see, FA hasn't even started yet. I think this was a great start.

This is all understandable. Merv is still here, but like i keep saying if the O-line can run block for our two talented RB's
and keep our QB protected it minimizes Merv's poor coaching some. If we are running over teams we can be conservative.

But since Merv doesn't think in game adjustments are a thing i definately understand you guys.
I will never forget a couple of season's ago we got the 2nd half kickoff and had to call a TO before our 1st play on offense, what flustercluck!! Just an example of MErv's 3 ring circus.
I agree if our running game had been working then Merv's conservative style would had been the thing to do, but it wasn't and he tried to force it to work. He does get a slim pass, I'm a fair person, when the line can't pass block you need to save your QB's life by running the rock.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 07:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I will never forget a couple of season's ago we got the 2nd half kickoff and had to call a TO before our 1st play on offense, what flustercluck!! Just an example of MErv's 3 ring circus.
I agree if our running game had been working then Merv's conservative style would had been the thing to do, but it wasn't and he tried to force it to work. He does get a slim pass, I'm a fair person, when the line can't pass block you need to save your QB's life by running the rock.

Flustercluck lol

Yeah, that shit shouldn't happen. Have to have your team prepared. He is terrible at this at Halftime.

But Cordy Glenn is a start and with Frank Pollack we might be able to run the rock for once.
Reply/Quote
It is encouraging, but gave up my tickets in 2018 and still glad I dd. I have gone from numb and could care less to numb and feel a little better about 2018. We have lots to do still to be a playoff team again and a ton to do to be best team in football.

But, I give MB credit for making a solid trade and getting rid of some coaches and bringing in new blood. Let;s hope the good moves continue.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm coming around, but I wouldn't say that I'm back to fully optimistic just yet.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I feel better than I did before Monday for sure. I'll feel real good if Bodine takes a walk. I'll be damn near ecstatic if they sign a decent LB or safety in FA to open of the draft even more.

Have to admit, it's encouraging to know that they may be open to a relative overhaul on the offensive line.
Reply/Quote