Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimism coming back?
(03-15-2018, 03:26 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: To be brutally honest, my optimism won't come back until we have a new starting Center that is worth a shit.

Yeah, this has to happen and the draft is the way to do it. 1st or 2nd pick.

(03-15-2018, 03:50 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Agreed. I'd be happier if Bodine was replaced. It, unfortunately, will not happen.

Why?

Pollack is here, not PA. Cannot believe some around here don't see this as a big damn difference.

He will want the best players regardless, he isn't going to play favorites like Piano Man did.

Even if Bodine is brought in for cheap i am sure he will draft competition early that will win out in the end.

(03-15-2018, 03:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: So Eiffert back on a one year deal seems like a nice get.

We brought him back eh? Sweet, i am willing to give the guy another chance and see if his back is not totally trashed.

The talent he brings to the field is undeniable when he can get on the field.
Reply/Quote
Nate,

I think the reason why a lot of people think that Bodine won't be replaced is because the "insiders" are saying that the Bengals are focused on re-siginig him.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Nate,

I think the reason why a lot of people think that Bodine won't be replaced is because the "insiders" are saying that the Bengals are focused on re-siginig him.

I'm hoping with the signing of Eifert, don't know the numbers, that we are pretty much out of money for FA??
Reply/Quote

I get that, but that doesn't necessarily mean as a starter.

Pollack had the best Center in the league in Dallas, far cry from this guy even if he improved immensely.

I am betting he brings in an early pick for competition and that pick wins out no matter if we bring back Bodine or not.

(03-15-2018, 04:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm hoping with the signing of Eifert, don't know the numbers, that we are pretty much out of money for FA??

Pretty sad when we have to hope the team is out of money so they don't make a mistake lmao
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I get that, but that doesn't necessarily mean as a starter.

Pollack had the best Center in the league in Dallas, far cry from this guy even if he improved immensely.

I am betting he brings in an early pick for competition and that pick wins out no matter if we bring back Bodine or not.

Pretty sad when we have to hope the team is out of money so they don't make a mistake lmao

If Bodine comes back, he's the starter. Mike Brown isn't going to have his highest paid C riding the pine. Whoever makes the most, plays the most. That's the Bengals way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:14 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: If Bodine comes back, he's the starter. Mike Brown isn't going to have his highest paid C riding the pine. Whoever makes the most, plays the most. That's the Bengals way.

This is not true.

Gio's rookie season he got more touches than BJGE despite the fact that he was paid less.

Mo Sanu and Marvin Jones made less than Brandon Tate yet they played more.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:50 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Agreed. I'd be happier if Bodine was replaced. It, unfortunately, will not happen.

And you also guaranteed that Paul Alexander would never be replaced by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not true.

Gio's rookie season he got more touches than BJGE despite the fact that he was paid less.

Mo Sanu and Marvin Jones made less than Brandon Tate yet they played more.

I don't feel like looking up the numbers, but I'm sure you're right about Gio. Tate was always used more as a returner than receiver so I'm not sure that one works as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:14 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: If Bodine comes back, he's the starter. Mike Brown isn't going to have his highest paid C riding the pine. Whoever makes the most, plays the most. That's the Bengals way.

For the most part this has been the Bengals way, but as Fred noted there are exceptions. If we Draft a Center high, he will be the
starter mark my words. Regardless of how much Bodine is getting paid, Pollack will start the best players.
Reply/Quote

I think it's possible that's just Goebbels goebbeling, putting it out there that they want him back while they quietly don't sign him, not wanting to make anybody think they think he sukks too.

Pollack was praising CedO too, just a few weeks before they went out and got his replacement.  Something to think about.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 06:40 PM)McC Wrote: I think it's possible that's just Goebbels goebbeling, putting it out there that they want him back while they quietly don't sign him, not wanting to make anybody think they think he sukks too.

Pollack was praising CedO too, just a few weeks before they went out and got his replacement.  Something to think about.

Thats right, sure hope this is the case and i am leaning this direction as well.

PA is no longer here people, things have changed in this aspect.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm hoping with the signing of Eifert, don't know the numbers, that we are pretty much out of money for FA??

That and we have 11 picks...so I gotta believe (hope) Bodine is off the table.

Then again, I don't see anyone coming after him. At least not enough to drive up his price much.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
No optimism whatsoever, and I quite frankly don't care what they do this offseason, because we still have Merv at the helm and he will fuc*k it up like he does every year.

My attitude will be the same it has been for years. Enjoy the wins and good moments but don't expect much beyond that.

The most excited I was in years is when I actually had a tiny ounce of belief he was going to go after this past season. But the Bengals do what they do best...sabotage themselves at every level.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 11:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That and we have 11 picks...so I gotta believe (hope) Bodine is off the table.

Then again, I don't see anyone coming after him. At least not enough to drive up his price much.

Well, I don't know if it means anything, but they did sign the punter and the guy with trouble staying on the field before the C.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
The Bengals need to have an amazing draft, and I still might be wanting them to prove it on the field first before I am more optimistic. I just don't have that much faith in Marvin.
Reply/Quote

If no one else comes calling and Bodine signs for the league minimum, a 1st or 2nd round center from the draft may very well be the highest paid center on the team...... Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 11:41 PM)GodFather Wrote: No optimism whatsoever, and I quite frankly don't care what they do this offseason, because we still have Merv at the helm and he will fuc*k it up like he does every year.

My attitude will be the same it has been for years. Enjoy the wins and good moments but don't expect much beyond that.

The most excited I was in years is when I actually had a tiny ounce of belief he was going to go after this past season. But the Bengals do what they do best...sabotage themselves at every level.

Kind of where I am at. Really liking the moves, but I don't trust Merv to make the right decisions during the games. It's like having a really fast race car that is capable of winning but the driver won't get out of 2nd gear.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 11:42 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Kind of where I am at. Really liking the moves, but I don't trust Merv to make the right decisions during the games. It's like having a really fast race car that is capable of winning but the driver won't get out of 2nd gear.

Well, they have seemingly done a pretty good job of Marv-proofing the operation.  If we can be really good at running the ball and the defense can be awesome, maybe even Marv won't be able to F it up.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 11:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If no one else comes calling and Bodine signs for the league minimum, a 1st or 2nd round center from the draft may very well be the highest paid center on the team...... Cool

True, either way i see a new Center starting even if they bring Bodine back. They sure are not in any hurry.

They must be low balling him as they should.

(03-16-2018, 11:46 AM)McC Wrote: Well, they have seemingly done a pretty good job of Marv-proofing the operation.  If we can be really good at running the ball and the defense can be awesome, maybe even Marv won't be able to F it up.

No doubt, we take his weaknesses away by running the ball and stopping the run. Adding Cordy Glenn and most likely a top
Center in the Draft will help one side and adding Preston Brown on the other helped. We run the ball well and our Defense
will stay fresh unlike last year and it will take Merv's poor game management and lack of adjustments out of the equation.
Reply/Quote
Alright, I'm starting to get that happy feeling about the Bengals.

BTW, what have they done with our front office team that we used to know and loath? These guys are actually making some moves that make sense and improve the team. ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote