Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimism for Zach Carter
Man, they are going to lose Davis and Raymond dude and I like them both. Carter is coming around. Murphy maybe by 2025.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't realize this is Readers last year...

Wonder if they franchise him if they don't use it on Tee.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 02:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I didn't realize this is Readers last year...

I hope they do something similar to Trey and extend him for another year after this one.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 02:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Man, they are going to lose Davis and Raymond dude and I like them both.  Carter is coming around.  Murphy maybe by 2025.

Davis and Johnson III could certainly be targets for other teams if they have a good final preseason game, especially Davis.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 02:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I didn't realize this is Readers last year...

Not only is it Reader's last year under contract, it's also Tupou's last year under contract.
Tufele does have contract through 2024 if they choose to keep him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 02:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not only is it Reader's last year under contract, it's also Tupou's last year under contract.
Tufele does have contract through 2024 if they choose to keep him.

Tufele better ball out in the last PS game like he did against the Pack to keep his spot safe. He didn't play near as well against the Falcons.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 07:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Tufele better ball out in the last PS game like he did against the Pack to keep his spot safe. He didn't play near as well against the Falcons.

By my count he’s safe

He’s our 1st interior guy off the bench unless Sample or Murphy took that role. If they did he’s in trouble but i don’t see it
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 08:19 PM)Housh Wrote: By my count he’s safe

He’s our 1st interior guy off the bench unless Sample or Murphy took that role. If they did he’s in trouble but i don’t see it

Tupou is NT2, but I like Tufele as well. Carter is DT2.  

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 08:19 PM)Housh Wrote: By my count he’s safe

Those guys are Ends that CAN play 3-tech if needed so I don't know why either one would affect Tufele's spot. He is battling Tupou 
for the backup NT spot. I think we keep 5 DT's anyways, Reader, Tupou, Tufele at NT and BJ Hill and Zach Carter at 3-tech.

So in the end I think you are right and Tufele is safe.

(08-27-2023, 12:04 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Tupou is NT2, but I like Tufele as well. Carter is DT2.  

Yep, sure hope Carter grows into that badass 3-tech we can put in on passing downs. What is nice is we have a lot of options on 
Defense with guys that can do a lot of things and move around. I liked hearing about us putting both Ossai and Murphy on the inside
at times with Trey and Sam on the outside, I think Murphy would be better here in these situations as a rookie rather on the outside 
where he hasn't shown much of anything so far.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 12:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What do you mean a super hole at backup NT?
They have Tupou and Tufele, both of which can fill that spot.
Did one/both of them get injured and I missed it?

I highly doubt an outside NT would get signed unless an injury occurs.

The way I see it is the following guys are making it:
Reader
Hill
Carter

Tufele is battling Tupou for backup NT if only keeping 4 DTs
Davis will be pushing for a roster spot if keeping 5

Ngl i forgot Tuopu existed for a second and i thought we used Tufele more as a DE.

I actually love Tufele to make the 53, so now that i remember Tuopu exists i think Carter has a hard time. No way we keep 5 DTs, right?

I actually like Carter so I’d make sure i kept him.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 10:38 PM)Housh Wrote: Ngl i forgot Tuopu existed for a second and i thought we used Tufele more as a DE.

I actually love Tufele to make the 53, so now that i remember Tuopu exists i think Carter has a hard time. No way we keep 5 DTs, right?

I actually like Carter so I’d make sure i kept him.

We will keep 5 most likely, the last spot will be between Tupou and Tufele if we only keep 4.

Carter is going nowhere. He is our hope for our 3-tech of the future.
Reply/Quote