Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimistic thread
Taylor will be forced to move on from Finley and we can actually have a quality backup. We should be able to get Sewell now from USC. Longer Taylor stick with Finley more likely we will be picking 3. The money we save from AJ, Dunlap, possibly Atkins we can spend on the OL and DL. maybe 1 more LB,DE,. We have money when many teams will be cash strapped.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:30 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Taylor will be forced to move on from Finley and we can actually have a quality backup. We should be able to get Sewell now from USC. Longer Taylor stick with Finley more likely we will be picking 3. The money we save from AJ, Dunlap, possibly Atkins we can spend on the OL and DL. maybe 1 more LB,DE,. We have money when many teams will be cash strapped.

Really?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Really?

I dont watch any college and heard he is really good
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:35 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I dont watch any college and heard he is really good

lol he goes to Oregon Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:37 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol he goes to Oregon Wink

Doesn't matter. Hopefully he goes to Skyline Chili next year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Burrow will be back at some point next year. He'll be as good as ever. They've come a long way with these procedures, and it's gonna be alright.

We're also one day closer to Zac and the boys being fired.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Finley throws 6 Tds each game but we still lose all 6 and then we have the 3rd overall pick and trade Finley to some dumbass team that makes bad QB moves like the Bears for a 1st round pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:30 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Taylor will be forced to move on from Finley and we can actually have a quality backup. We should be able to get Sewell now from USC. Longer Taylor stick with Finley more likely we will be picking 3. The money we save from AJ, Dunlap, possibly Atkins we can spend on the OL and DL. maybe 1 more LB,DE,. We have money when many teams will be cash strapped.

If Carlos' performance in Seattle is any indication, I'd pump the brakes on moving on from Geno. I don't think he forgot how to play football either. He's injured, and Lou sucks. All we're doing is creating more holes to plug.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
A starting line of Sewell Thuney Hopkins XSF Jonah. with Hart as the top backup doesn't sound to bad. With Tee and Boyd. Maybe bring in Winston to start the season. Bates is a really good piece on D the type of player you can build around.
Reply/Quote
Burrow will come back better than ever, he’s gonna be a man on a mission. Our starting offensive line hopefully won’t have Jordan, add Sewell and someone else in the 2nd or 3rd(I like Deonte Brown from Bama).

LT Williams/Sewell
LG ???
C Hopkins
RG XSF/Spain
RT Sewell/Williams

Don’t trust Zac Taylor to put the best team on the field though.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:41 AM)jason Wrote: Doesn't matter. Hopefully he goes to Skyline Chili next year.

If he doesn't, we should drown MB in a vat of it!  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow will be back by the beginning of next year.

I hated to see him get injured, but we didn't really lose anything this year. This season is over. IN fact we might be better off losing the rest of our games and getting a better draft choice than having him lead us to a couple of meaningless wins over horrible teams like Washington, Giants, Houston, or Dallas.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:45 AM)jason Wrote: If Carlos' performance in Seattle is any indication, I'd pump the brakes on moving on from Geno. I don't think he forgot how to play football either. He's injured, and Lou sucks. All we're doing is creating more holes to plug.

I'd be ok with keeping Atkins with a new DC, but they still need to find his heir. He's not in his prime anymore.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
On the plus side, Bengals do have a chance to flip this like the 49ers did a couple of years ago when Jimmy G went out for the season. I doubt we will, but the high draft picks with some offseason moves can really flip the script quickly.
Reply/Quote
Hate to see Burrow the Beast go down, not surprising one bit though. But I judge athlete injuries by medical staff but also, Athletes demeanor because if the athlete is confident in coming back, they will see this as just another hurdle to prove to the world, they are boss. Burrow's spirits have been uplifting to all those around him, including teammates and staff members. I love this kid. He is a God-sent. He had set backs at OSU, he left the comfort and moved on to another program, an SEC program and was not only good, but the very BEST QB setting records.

Burrow will be fine, the OL may now get fixed, Coaches may now get fired. Bengals were not going to playoffs, they were still in need of talent to infuse with others, They still need time to purge some players. I hope they lose out frankly to get Sewell. The more I see him, he looks like a freak!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Just for fun, go look at our top 202 salary cap players.

Waynes - 16 million DNP in 2020
Atkins - 14.6 million Missed majority of defensive snaps in 2020
Reader = 13.6 million Missed most of 2020
Mixon - 10,700 missed a lot of 2020
Boyd - 9 million (they should sit him rest of 2020)
Burrow - 8.3 million (will miss last 56 games in 2020 and may or may not be ready week 1 in 2021
We paid all of these guys big bucks along with Green 18.1 million

What are odds all of these guys would either be hurt or 3 vets, Dunlap, Geno, and Green would all lay an egg in 2020.

Hopefully, we suffered our injury and poor play curse in 2020 and 2021 with a great draft class and some great F moves we go from last to 1st in 2021

That is optimism Hilarious Tongue
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:45 AM)jason Wrote: If Carlos' performance in Seattle is any indication, I'd pump the brakes on moving on from Geno. I don't think he forgot how to play football either. He's injured, and Lou sucks. All we're doing is creating more holes to plug.
If the article I read by Elise Jesse is any indication of what's going on between Sweet Lou and the players. This is just Geno telling his "know nothing" DC---F***You...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
If you go back and look the team has been wrecked by injuries this year, last year and arguably 2018 as well. Really the Bengals getting at minimum an entire position group annihilated by injury seems an every season occurrence.
Reply/Quote
Well, no need to rush Mixon or any other Bengal back from their injuries now.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:01 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Well, no need to rush Mixon or any other Bengal back from their injuries now.

Good way to look at it.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote