Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange Garbage fires McCabe 2 days before he retires to mess w his pension
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-deputy-director-fired-days-retirement-kick/story?id=53805919

What a sack of shit
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
How many FBI people, that have been fired or re-assigned, are we up to now....

Inspector General report will be critical of them.
Not commenting on the timing and pension, but it seems the FBI itself recommended the firing.

The FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility recommended that McCabe be fired after an internal report by the Justice Department’s inspector general accused the FBI veteran of misleading investigators looking into how FBI and Justice Department officials handled an array of matters connected to the 2016 presidential campaign, a source briefed on the recommendation told ABC News.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Trump gave Sessions 90 days to fire McCabe.  Sessions fired him with two hours left.

Even if the report is true and accurate (and so far Sessions and Trump are the only ones who have shared it) the sheer optics of a Friday firing is awful enough for it to have been done much earlier.

And that doesn't include the POTUS attacking the FBI and it's leaders all in a series of tweets which lends to him seeming a bit biased/paranoid about them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-19-2018, 10:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Not commenting on the timing and pension, but it seems the FBI itself recommended the firing.  

The FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility recommended that McCabe be fired after an internal report by the Justice Department’s inspector general accused the FBI veteran of misleading investigators looking into how FBI and Justice Department officials handled an array of matters connected to the 2016 presidential campaign, a source briefed on the recommendation told ABC News.

The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread is why wasn't this point mentioned in OP?  If the information detailed in the internal investigation is accurate, then McCabe was guilty of some very egregious and unethical conduct.  As for the gentleman losing his retirement, that is harsh.  I would think though, that our resident LEO critics would support such a firing, and him not receiving special treatment, if the accusations against him are true, as the FBI's own investigation found.
You mean to tell me that pettiness reigns in the Trump administration? Color me shocked.
Hmmmm. If he did this then he should lose his pension.

[Image: 156484_F0_A110_439_D_A27_E_65_BA0_EB67_E6_C.jpg]
(03-16-2018, 11:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-deputy-director-fired-days-retirement-kick/story?id=53805919

...press secretary Sarah Sanders said McCabe's "troubling behavior" was "well-documented," insisting McCabe was "by most accounts a bad actor."

Case closed. Wink
(03-19-2018, 12:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread is why wasn't this point mentioned in OP?  If the information detailed in the internal investigation is accurate, then McCabe was guilty of some very egregious and unethical conduct.  As for the gentleman losing his retirement, that is harsh.  I would think though, that our resident LEO critics would support such a firing, and him not receiving special treatment, if the accusations against him are true, as the FBI's own investigation found.

Had the POTUS not called for his firing long before said report you might have a better point.  It "seems" like a report to justify a move already planned.  Time will tell, as they say.
(03-19-2018, 01:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hmmmm.  If he did this then he should lose his pension.  

[Image: 156484_F0_A110_439_D_A27_E_65_BA0_EB67_E6_C.jpg]

That is what we should be talking about, instead of all this complaining about a president dogging potential witnesses against him.

[Image: trump-tweet-mccabe-fired.jpg]
[Image: trump-tweet-mccabe-fired-2.jpg]
(03-19-2018, 01:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: Had the POTUS not called for his firing long before said report you might have a better point.  It "seems" like a report to justify a move already planned.  Time will tell, as they say.

So then, your accusation is that the men and women in the FBI's internal investigations unit fabricated the results of their investigation at the whim of Sessions or Trump?  It's either McCabe was found to be involved in unethical conduct or numerous people in the internal investigations department are engaged in unethical conduct.
(03-19-2018, 01:30 PM)Dill Wrote: That is what we should be talking about, instead of all this complaining about a president dogging potential witnesses against him.

[Image: trump-tweet-mccabe-fired.jpg]
[Image: trump-tweet-mccabe-fired-2.jpg]

Trump didn’t force McCabe to lie or do what he did. Trump on twitter is what it is..... the only people who get bothered about it are the leftists. Either way it has nothing to do with what McCabe has done.
Right now there is no way to say whether McCabe's firing was political or not. Sessions had the discretion to allow McCabe to retire with his pension (a courtesy afforded to people dismissed for criminal acts and not just lacking candor) and it was decided to fire him earlier. That decision appears vindictive and petty, but we don't have the information to really say one way or the other on the dismissal itself.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-19-2018, 01:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So then, your accusation is that the men and women in the FBI's internal investigations unit fabricated the results of their investigation at the whim of Sessions or Trump?  It's either McCabe was found to be involved in unethical conduct or numerous people in the internal investigations department are engaged in unethical conduct.

I made no "accusations" I said to wait and see because it seems the POTUS wanted McCabe fired long before there was a report.
(03-19-2018, 02:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: I made no "accusations" I said to wait and see because it seems the POTUS wanted McCabe fired long before there was a report.

But as we all know, the FBI has risen to the level of Papal infallibility starting in Jan 2017, so if they recommended it then it's a lock.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-19-2018, 02:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But as we all know, the FBI has risen to the level of Papal infallibility starting in Jan 2017, so if they recommended it then it's a lock.

Well that's hyperbole, but understandable if someone has a political horse being followed by the FBI.

The report has not been released...so we'll see.
(03-19-2018, 02:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well that's hyperbole, but understandable if someone has a political horse being followed by the FBI.

The report has not been released...so we'll see.

No, one doesn't have to have a political horse in order  to comment on something.

Law blog.  Take it for what it is worth, but it seems pretty fair.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-we-know-and-dont-know-about-firing-andrew-mccabe

Looks at both sides of the issue, questions somethings and gets into the Trump, shall we say, involvement in the case during the investigation.
(03-19-2018, 02:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: I made no "accusations" I said to wait and see because it seems the POTUS wanted McCabe fired long before there was a report.

No such statement is necessary as either one is true or the other.  I got immense enjoyment from the CNN thread in which I stated one or the other party was lying.  That statement of basic fact was lambasted as if I claimed some magical perception denied to others when in fact I was pointing out the obvious for the simple reason that it did not appear to be obvious to some.  This is the exact same type of scenario; either McCabe is lying and deserved to be fired, or the investigation that found his termination warranted and necessary was corrupt.  Such corruption would require the participation of several individuals as such internal investigations are carried out by a team and their conclusions have to be approved by a supervisor, likely multiple supervisors.

So, I'll reiterate, when you plant your flag with Team McCabe you are directly stating that the investigation conducted by the internal affairs team was corrupt. 

(03-19-2018, 02:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But as we all know, the FBI has risen to the level of Papal infallibility starting in Jan 2017, so if they recommended it then it's a lock.

To be sure.  I have a lot of respect for the FBI, they are very discerning about who they hire and exceedingly professional.  That said, they are an organization composed of human beings, and human beings are fallible.
(03-19-2018, 02:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No such statement is necessary as either one is true or the other.  I got immense enjoyment from the CNN thread in which I stated one or the other party was lying.  That statement of basic fact was lambasted as if I claimed some magical perception denied to others when in fact I was pointing out the obvious for the simple reason that it did not appear to be obvious to some.  This is the exact same type of scenario; either McCabe is lying and deserved to be fired, or the investigation that found his termination warranted and necessary was corrupt.  Such corruption would require the participation of several individuals as such internal investigations are carried out by a team and their conclusions have to be approved by a supervisor, likely multiple supervisors.

Or, just spitballing here, or we could wait for the report, see what McCabe even did and why the firing was the only choice. And why it was 26 hours before his retirement.

You know, "wait and see" as they say.

(03-19-2018, 02:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, I'll reiterate, when you plant your flag with Team McCabe you are directly stating that the investigation conducted by the internal affairs team was corrupt. 

Welp, that's a wonderful opinion you have. I tried. Thanks.