Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orbs anyone?
They're all over the place here in SC, but I don't recall too many in Ohio. They're pretty harmless, but if you walk right into one of their gigantic webs at 2 AM while you're half asleep that's quite another story. I nearly walked right into one in a doorway a few years ago and that one was twice the size of the one here.
The usual warning is they can bring on a heart attack if you walk right into an orb spider web with the spider right in it which they usually are.  Orb spiders are very common around these parts. It's not uncommon to see 4-5 inch spiders spinning their webs in back yards and quite often doorways. Sounds fun, huh?
With climate change you're liable to start seeing them in Ohio more often. 
With all the giant spiders, lizards and snakes and a failed nuclear plant around the state here I'm not sure if we might get taken over and made into creepy crawly thing slaves!   
Did I mention the gigantic roaches in almost every home around here? Trust me..it's an acquired taste. It takes a bit of getting used to waking up at night for a glass of water only to be greeted in the kitchen by a 4 inch roach in the sink or counter top.

[Image: 20200903_104815-scaled.jpg]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You call those Orb spiders? Around here we call those Garden Spiders. Nasty looking spiders for sure! One year, while detasselling, I walked face first into one of those webs with the spider on it. I screamed like a little girl and to this day, I have PTSD from spiders. I hate hate hate them.
I used to catch grasshoppers and crickets and throw them in these webs.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Twitch
Reply/Quote