Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon man smashes Buddhist monk’s head into a car while screaming about Muslims
Given all the recent news could Oregon supplant Florida for home of the crazies?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/washington-man-smashes-buddhist-monks-head-into-a-car-while-screaming-about-muslims/

Quote:A Buddhist monk was assaulted in Oregon by a man who mistook him for a Muslim, KATU reports.

Kozen Sampson, 66, told the station he was visiting Hood River on Monday when he heard a man yelling at him.

“I pulled over, someone ran up and yelled. I turned around, they kicked the door, hit me in the side of the face and knocked my head into the frame of the car,” Sampson told KATU. “I do remember [him yelling] an F bomb [about] Muslims, and that was it.”

But Sampson said he is trying to spread a message of tolerance and love — and it seems to be working.

“I don’t know the Islamic faith well, but I do know that Muslims are our brothers and sisters and I would encourage everyone to just take a hard look at how supportive are you of all God’s children,” Sampson told the station.

He said he pitied the man.

“I was thinking, ‘That poor man.’ Can you imagine living your life in fear and anger? Can you imagine wanting to do something that you had to hurt somebody?” he told KATU.

In response to the incident, Hood River residents are planning a candlelight vigil in the name of peace and tolerance.

“We have a country trying to find its tone,” Sampson told Hood River News. “There are some politicians who have people riled up as they seek to build their power base. They are not seeing everyone as a part of the human family. We need to find a kinder way to approach our differences and look at the rest of life.”
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
EXPORT THAT RACIST WHITE GUY TO HUNGARY!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Wait, so white christians aren't always the victims?

Playing "Loose e"-nugh with the rules, i see.

Ninja
Lots of respect for that Buddhist guy.

Extremism has no boundaries.
The effects of Islamic extremism. No one is safe.

Post 911 there was an case where an Indian Sikh was shot and killed because some dummy couldn't tell the difference between a Sikh and a Muslim.
Quite a few transgressions against Indians have taken place since that time.
(03-09-2016, 07:15 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: EXPORT THAT RACIST WHITE GUY TO HUNGARY!

You folks try way too hard.  Was he a migrant? An illegal from south of the border?
(03-09-2016, 07:52 PM)Vlad Wrote: The effects of Islamic extremism. No one is safe.

Post 911 there was an case where an Indian Sikh was shot and killed because some dummy couldn't tell the difference between a Sikh and a Muslim.

Well, if scared people would stop fear mongering, maybe ignorant people wouldn't beat up Buddhists.

Mellow
First off, I live in Oregon and it is not full of crazies, except when they come in from out of state and illegally occupy a bird sanctuary.

Secondly, this shows how dumb islamaphobes are, can't even tell the difference between a monk and a muslim. Their irrational fear stems from their stupidity.
(03-09-2016, 07:52 PM)Vlad Wrote: The effects of Islamic extremism. No one is safe.

Speaking of trying to hard, this situation was the result of ignorance and hatred.  Not Islamic extremism.
When will these savages learn to value what we have in the West? If he doesn't, he can go back to where he came from.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

So that makes it ok?  If it had been a Muslim, it would have been justified?

The effects of abject christian hostility.  No brown person is safe.

(03-09-2016, 08:09 PM)Benton Wrote: Well, if scared people would stop fear mongering, maybe ignorant people wouldn't beat up Buddhists.

Mellow

(03-09-2016, 10:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: So that makes it ok?  If it had been a Muslim, it would have been justified?

I wouldn't even just blame Christians.

Stupidity is not limited to one religion.  However it does seem to be rampant in people who think they are smarter than they really are.
(03-09-2016, 10:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: So that makes it ok?  If it had been a Muslim, it would have been justified?

Of course not, but I can see how you could have easily misinterpreted that.

That is the spinniest spin that ever spun, right there. If I am attacked or killed by someone who erroneously thinks I am a member of a group he hates enough to attack on sight I shouldn't blame HIM so much as the immense hate-ability of the group to which I have been erroneously assigned.

Man oh man, that is just...wacky.
(03-10-2016, 12:33 AM)Vlad Wrote: Of course not, but I can see how you could have easily misinterpreted that.

Then why did you preface it with "Post 911"?  
(03-09-2016, 08:09 PM)Benton Wrote: Well, if scared people would stop fear mongering, maybe ignorant people wouldn't beat up Buddhists.

Mellow

Or buy Smart Cars.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-10-2016, 01:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Or buy Smart Cars.

Smart people are scared of melting icebergs not radical Islam. Stupid folks concern themselves with a real threat.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-10-2016, 01:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That is the spinniest spin that ever spun, right there.  If I am attacked or killed by someone who erroneously thinks I am a member of a group he hates enough to attack on sight I shouldn't blame HIM so much as the immense hate-ability of the group to which I have been erroneously assigned.

Man oh man, that is just...wacky.

There was no spin.

So why would mistaking you for a Muslim make an ill-informed person kill you?....because Muslims invented algebra and he got an F in algebra?

There is only one logical answer. Anything else you try would an example of spin.
(03-11-2016, 11:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Smart people are scared of melting icebergs not radical Islam. Stupid folks concern themselves with a real threat.

Yes...because fighting over imaginary men in the sky is so important we should let the one world we have burn down around us.

This is like arguing over who gets the last piece of pizza while the house is on fire.

The "real threat" is stupid people.