Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlando Brown Jr to the Chiefs
Ravens have traded Orlando Brown Jr to the Chiefs.

So after the meltdown with their O-line in the Superbowl, the Chiefs have gone all in on completely overhauling it no matter the cost in $$$ and now draft picks traded.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am really interested now in Eric Fisher. The belief was he would sign back with the Chiefs once healthy, but it appears he is no longer in the plans. I would try to lock him up on a two-year deal now and if he can come back mid-year you can figure out how to work everyone in. Fisher is still only 30 years old so he has a decent amount of tread left I think.
Reply/Quote
Still have a hard time believing we took Malik Jefferson over this guy ... freakin' ravens.
Reply/Quote
Kansas City gets:
OT Orlando Brown
2021 second-round pick (No. 58)
2022 6th round pick.

Baltimore gets:
2021 first-round pick (No. 31)
third-round pick (No. 94)
fourth-round pick (No. 136)
2022 fifth-round pick

Ravens expected to sign Alejandro Villanueva

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Great! Even though they lose Brown, Stanley and a host of early useful draft picks arrive. Baltimore and Cleveland really loading up to legit contenders, Steelers on the decline, and we're improving to..... better than the Steelers? The window looks kinda gloomy the next 4 years.
Reply/Quote
Brown is a FA in 2022. He isn’t going to give KC a team-friendly extension and will likely walk or be a franchise tag candidate. Big price to pay. I’d say Ravens won this trade as they wouldn’t be able to afford him moving on.
Reply/Quote
Price of quality OTs is going up. They paid a hefty price.

Better grab that Sewell meal ticket when we have the chance.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 05:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Price of quality OTs is going up. They paid a hefty price.

Better grab that Sewell meal ticket when we have the chance.

That is chump change for a starting LT. They slid back 27 spots from 31 to 58 and gave up a 3rd and 4th this year and 5 in 2022? Total point value on the trade chart has that at a modest 452 point.  That 2 points more than the 13th pick of the 2nd round is worth (450). I would imagine if Brown had any time left on his contract beyond 2021 it would have been much higher.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 08:07 PM)Burma Wrote: That is chump change for a starting LT. They slid back 27 spots from 31 to 58 and gave up a 3rd and 4th this year and 5 in 2022? Total point value on the trade chart has that at a modest 452 point.  That 2 points more than the 13th pick of the 2nd round is worth (450). I would imagine if Brown had any time left on his contract beyond 2021 it would have been much higher.

That is a lot of draft capital. We should take note. The team with super bowl aspirations who is completely remaking their OL gave up a lot of picks in the rounds where this deep OL class supposedly has a lot of starters available. If they could have easily gotten a starter in the 3rd or 4th why trade away all these picks for a one year rental who will be looking to break the bank?

It will irritate me even more to take a WR at the top of the draft then settle for whatever leftover OL later on knowing that Andy Reid wasn’t comfortable waiting to see what leftovers he could pick from to protect his franchise.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 10:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That is a lot of draft capital. We should take note. The team with super bowl aspirations who is completely remaking their OL gave up a lot of picks in the rounds where this deep OL class supposedly has a lot of starters available. If they could have easily gotten a starter in the 3rd or 4th why trade away all these picks for a one year rental who will be looking to break the bank?

It will irritate me even more to take a WR at the top of the draft then settle for whatever leftover OL later on knowing that Andy Reid wasn’t comfortable waiting to see what leftovers he could pick from to protect his franchise.

My one counter point would be that the Chiefs are currently in a Super Bowl window, much like the Buccaneers are right now. It may be the smarter move to get a veteran starter from day 1 than take risk on a draft pick.

I feel like they are in a spot where they mortgage some of their future to try and secure Super Bowls right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 10:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That is a lot of draft capital. We should take note. The team with super bowl aspirations who is completely remaking their OL gave up a lot of picks in the rounds where this deep OL class supposedly has a lot of starters available. If they could have easily gotten a starter in the 3rd or 4th why trade away all these picks for a one year rental who will be looking to break the bank?

I mentioned this in another thread but I'll say it again here.  When Duke was talking about the offensive line depth in this draft and getting a starter in 2 or 3 I kept thinking "a starter by whose standards?" The bar for a 2nd or 3rd rounder to come in and start for the Bengals is much lower than a team like the Browns who have a top 5 offensive line.  Just because they can start for the Bengals does not make them worthy of having a true "starter" grade and this move by KC really illustrates this.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 12:43 AM)Burma Wrote: I mentioned this in another thread but I'll say it again here.  When Duke was talking about the offensive line depth in this draft and getting a starter in 2 or 3 I kept thinking "a starter by whose standards?" The bar for a 2nd or 3rd rounder to come in and start for the Bengals is much lower than a team like the Browns who have a top 5 offensive line.  Just because they can start for the Bengals does not make them worthy of having a true "starter" grade and this move  by KC really illustrates this.

Well a starter is simply a guy that takes the first snap of the game... For the Offense or Defense.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 05:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well a starter is simply a guy that takes the first snap of the game... For the Offense or Defense.

well, hell! The Bengals can save a ton of money by just finding starters to trot out for 1 play among the undrafted free agent pool. 

Reply/Quote