Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlando Brown on NFL Live
(06-28-2023, 12:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Isn't the knock on Orlando is that he's not that athletic and gets beat by more athletic OL? 

Yes and it’s hard to explain. If you mean how many bench reps or 40 time he’s not athletic. He’s cagey and smart but he’s big and agile. Cooper Kupp runs a 4,62 40. His bench avg at the best. Think of Orlando in that light. Brown’s length and size serve him well and his long arms.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Lest we forget this is a four time Pro Bowl Tackle (2 at RT and 2 at LT). His PFF scores bear out that he is definitely in the above average tier at both Tackle spots - we basically got a bargain because of Burrow and because he is on a mission to prove himself an elite LT and we gave him that promise.

Lest we forget, last season the major issue on the left side was Jonah with his kneecaps having no ability to anchor. As a result he got beat constantly to the inside which in turn forced Volson to have to play on a swivel and so on. Brown isn't going to get beat to the inside or bull rushed back into the QB. This will in turn help Volson who can trust the blocking to his left. Another benefit is we will have a lot of power on the left side, which if Mixon just hits the hole and stops dancing will help us run.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 12:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Isn't the knock on Orlando is that he's not that athletic and gets beat by more athletic OL? 

Yes and it’s hard to explain. If you mean how many bench reps or 40 time he’s not athletic. He’s cagey and smart but he’s big and agile. Cooper Kupp runs a 4,62 40. His bench avg at the best. Think of Orlando in that light. Brown’s length and size serve him well and his long arms.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 09:30 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He told Joe Burrow, "Your new bodyguard is in town. Nobody's touching you!"

Yeah, when you say stuff like that and aren't a good pass protector it looks bad. But this is different, Burrow's game definitely 
helps out a LT more than Mahomes game who does scramble a lot more and goes off the rails at times being much more of a 
spontaneous QB. Burrow has a much quicker release and takes what the Defense gives him. Should help Orlando a lot.

(06-28-2023, 09:30 AM)jason Wrote: Me too. I've also become skeptical of the "our O line is gonna be sooo much better" narrative until I actually see it. They started so poorly last year, came on a bit, then we're wiped out by injury again. Show me.

Agree on that Jason. Need to see it before I believe it, we have been hoping every year that our OL will be so much better.

Got a little better last year until the injuries hit, we will see.

(06-28-2023, 09:32 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Obviously you want players to not say anything. What about Chase saying “Pat who”? Collins talking about being Joe’s bodyguard was out of line?

Ja'Marr can talk all he wants, dude backs it up you better believe it. Kelce can talk shit too, doesn't mean we have to agree.

But it does make for a fun rivarly that is for sure.

(06-28-2023, 09:37 AM)Housh Wrote: Saw a lot of Chiefs fans mad at this like it’s not true or something. Pat is simply hard to block for. Iv seen him create pressure by running into his own lineman.

No one is saying Pat is trash that’s just a well known criticism of his. Dude takes off for non reason sometimes.

Brown is right. Knowing Burrow is at least going to TRY and stay in the pocket is valuable for lineman

Yes, Mahomes definitely does his own thing, it is not near as disciplined as Burrow's pocket awareness. Burrow will surprise you 
once in a while, scramble or take off, but Mahomes does have some problems in manipulating a pocket especially when he is 
taking off all the time and running into his own OL and giving a pressure to a DL where it normally wouldn't happen.

Mahomes is tough to Sack though, not near as hard as a healthy Lamar, but he is harder to Sack than lots of QB's in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 01:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: Lest we forget this is a four time Pro Bowl Tackle (2 at RT and 2 at LT). His PFF scores bear out that he is definitely in the above average tier at both Tackle spots - we basically got a bargain because of Burrow and because he is on a mission to prove himself an elite LT and we gave him that promise.

Lest we forget, last season the major issue on the left side was Jonah with his kneecaps having no ability to anchor. As a result he got beat constantly to the inside which in turn forced Volson to have to play on a swivel and so on. Brown isn't going to get beat to the inside or bull rushed back into the QB. This will in turn help Volson who can trust the blocking to his left. Another benefit is we will have a lot of power on the left side, which if Mixon just hits the hole and stops dancing will help us run.

Orlando definitely isn't going to be pushed around like Jonah was last year at LT with his injuries. Volson being a rookie also hurt.

Both these guys should be better here this season, Orlando with Burrow better fitting what he does and Volson being a second year
player with valuable experience in big games. Karras, Cappa and whoever wins the RT job could also be much better, we will see.

The Volson haters will come in here and say that he was the problem more than Jonah though Joelist.
Reply/Quote
Orlando didn't diss Mahomes at all...he was simply pointing due to offensive scheme differences and the way each QB plays he can play in a different way here in Cincinnati than he did in Kansas City

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 06:18 PM)pally Wrote: Orlando didn't diss Mahomes at all...he was simply pointing due to offensive scheme differences and the way each QB plays he can play in a different way here in Cincinnati than he did in Kansas City

I know I didn’t know where sunsetbengal was coming from

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 01:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yes and it’s hard to explain. If you mean how many bench reps or 40 time he’s not athletic. He’s cagey and smart but he’s big and agile. Cooper Kupp runs a 4,62 40. His bench avg at the best. Think of Orlando in that light. Brown’s length and size serve him well and his long arms.

No way Cupp is a 4.6 guy in game. Dude is FAST
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 07:27 PM)Housh Wrote: No way Cupp is a 4.6 guy in game. Dude is FAST

Precisely but that is his time in the 40. His cone drill and shuttle are solid. Orlando’s game athleticism solid

Reply/Quote
I just want him to be good and protect Joe.
Reply/Quote