Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlando Brown wants out?
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-pro-bowl-tackle-orlando-brown-jr-wants-to-be-traded-and-multiple-teams-are-interested/

I would almost as the Rats keep Brown and trade the incumbent as he is coming off an injury and it is easier to draft up a RT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 04:10 PM)Joelist Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-pro-bowl-tackle-orlando-brown-jr-wants-to-be-traded-and-multiple-teams-are-interested/

I would almost as the Rats keep Brown and trade the incumbent as he is coming off an injury and it is easier to draft up a RT.

They just gave Stanley a big extension in 2020, they would still be on the hook for the big signing bonus, except it would then hit all at once. Ravens would actually lose cap space in 2021 by trading Stanley.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 06:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They just gave Stanley a big extension in 2020, they would still be on the hook for the big signing bonus, except it would then hit all at once. Ravens would actually lose cap space in 2021 by trading Stanley.

Yes. Will be interesting to see what the return is. My guess is an impact player OR mid-late first and an additional 2-4th rounder, depending on how good the player we get back is. So maybe a mid 1st and a 3rd if no player's involved. Hope he goes to the NFC.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 02:42 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Yes. Will be interesting to see what the return is. My guess is an impact player OR mid-late first and an additional 2-4th rounder, depending on how good the player we get back is. So maybe a mid 1st and a 3rd if no player's involved. Hope he goes to the NFC.

I say they pay him, he is set for 1.1 cap hit in 2021 and then a FA in 2022. They have a lot of money in 2022, of course Lamar will take a lot of it when they tag or extend him, but I could say them giving him 12 million a year to stay.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm just stunned they are giving permission to seek a trade. Say they get a high round pick for him, can't see him getting the same level as return as Tunsil but it will still be a good return, how likely is it to find a guy in the top of round 2 that comes in and is a Pro-Bowl player? Seems like a big gamble, and one I'm glad to see them taking.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 07:00 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm just stunned they are giving permission to seek a trade. Say they get a high round pick for him, can't see him getting the same level as return as Tunsil but it will still be a good return, how likely is it to find a guy in the top of round 2 that comes in and is a Pro-Bowl player? Seems like a big gamble, and one I'm glad to see them taking.

Well we did all right at the top of 2 last year....  
Reply/Quote