Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlando Franklin
Wouldn't mind bringing him in after his release today...

He'd be a great addition and could be the right guard while Andre Smith switches back to right tackle and Fisher/Ogbuehi fight for Left Tackle spot.

Quote:Chargers released offensive lineman Orlando Franklin, per source. Chargers drafted two guards and deemed Franklin too pricey to keep.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
He would be a great depth signing and could compete for a starting spot but I think he might end up going to a team with less competition.

He was getting paid more than he was worth but he is a decent player.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a great idea, but there's no way the Bengals would have Fisher and Ogbuehi compete for a single starter spot. The Bengals drafted them with the intention of both being quality starters, so they will be given every chance possible. And they've already given Smith verbal confirmation he'd be given starter reps. So if Franklin was brought in at all, it'd be with the intention of being a backup initially.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 11:52 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Wouldn't mind bringing him in after his release today...

He'd be a great addition and could be the right guard while Andre Smith switches back to right tackle and Fisher/Ogbuehi fight for Left Tackle spot.

I believe Fisher/Ogbuehi are your starting right and left tackles.. part of the problem with their develop or lack of... is moving them around .. both are better suited where they are now... they are going to allow them to develop as starters not as backups... Any FA late addition now will be as a backup . They also are bring Smith in to play guard as a starter... 
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 03:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Sounds like a great idea, but there's no way the Bengals would have Fisher and Ogbuehi compete for a single starter spot. The Bengals drafted them with the intention of both being quality starters, so they will be given every chance possible. And they've already given Smith verbal confirmation he'd be given starter reps. So if Franklin was brought in at all, it'd be with the intention of being a backup initially.

(05-15-2017, 03:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I believe Fisher/Ogbuehi are your starting right and left tackles.. part of the problem with their develop or lack of... is moving them around .. both are better suited where they are now... they are going to allow them to develop as starters not as backups... Any FA late addition now will be as a backup . They also are bring Smith in to play guard as a starter... 

What these two guys said. Sounds good but this seems the way the team is leaning.

Luckily i really like Landon Lechler in case Og sucks it up. Dude just dominated in college, great grab as an UDFA.
Reply/Quote
As the people above me said, the line does scare me and I think the fate of our season rests on the line play (every team needs a successful line, but I just mean every other piece is in place), but I think (hope) that continuity on the line will finally have players playing to their potential.

That said, I think it would be stupid to move Fisher from RT, especially since he seemed like he was finally starting to get comfortable and play well.

Og will hopefully also benefit from a year of developing and improvement and be the player we drafted him to be.

Franklin might be good for depth as a backup, but we just need to dig in with what we have and say that it's sink-or-swim time for the line!
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 07:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What these two guys said. Sounds good but this seems the way the team is leaning.

Luckily i really like Landon Lechler in case Og sucks it up. Dude just dominated in college, great grab as an UDFA.

Didn't Franklin get shifted to Guard, at some point?  Or is that a different guy that San Diego, excuse me LA, drafted to play Tackle?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2017, 08:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't Franklin get shifted to Guard, at some point?  Or is that a different guy that San Diego, excuse me LA, drafted to play Tackle?

DJ Fluker got shifted to Guard.
Reply/Quote