Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Will Happen in Cincinnati Over the Next Two Weeks
Absolutely nothing.

Let’s understand what will and will not go on during the next two weeks.

1. Zac Taylor will not be fired.
2. Neither will anybody else.
3. Andy Dalton will start all sixteen games in 2019.
4. There will be no pure trades involving the Cincinnati Bengals.
5. There will be no trades for draft picks involving the Cincinnati Bengals.
6. The run blocking will not improve.
7. The pass blocking will get worse.
8. Defensive line pressure? Lou Anarumo never heard of it.
9. The only GM this team will ever have is the Chevy Lumina in Mike Brown’s garage.
10. The middle of the field will remain open on defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: AngryEnlightenedBison-size_restricted.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Absolutely nothing.

1. Zac Taylor will not be fired.
2. Neither will anybody else.
3. Andy Dalton will start all sixteen games in 2019.
4. There will be no pure trades involving the Cincinnati Bengals.
5. There will be no trades for draft picks involving the Cincinnati Bengals.
6. The run blocking will not improve.
7. The pass blocking will get worse.
8. Defensive line pressure? Lou Anarumo never heard of it.
9. The only GM this team will ever have is the Chevy Lumina in Mike Brown’s garage.

Pretty much, although Eifert may find a new home. It’s sad when a 12 year old playing Madden has enough sense to offload assets and stockpile picks for the inevitable rebuild, yet Mike Brown can’t see it. This front office is rudderless, and lacks any sense of accountability to the fans and the city. I know the homers get sick of the team bashing, but really, what else can be said? This team is embarrassing.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:16 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Pretty much, although Eifert may find a new home.  It’s sad when a 12 year old playing Madden has enough sense to offload assets and stockpile picks for the inevitable rebuild, yet Mike Brown can’t see it.  This front office is rudderless, and lacks any sense of accountability to the fans and the city.  I know the homers get sick of the team bashing, but really, what else can be said?  This team is embarrassing.

Mike Brown sees it, he just doesn't care which is what makes it extra hopeless.  The idea that Mike Brown could watch 30 or so NFL franchises get stuff done where he can't and he doesn't know it is just...unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:16 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Pretty much, although Eifert may find a new home.

Tyler Eifert caught six passes for 74 yards today. He’s gold to Mike Brown. He’s going nowhere.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Tyler Eifert caught six passes for 74 yards today.  He’s gold to Mike Brown.  He’s going nowhere.

Uz caught at least one.  What did Sample do?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton completed a pass. He's going nowhere. He'll get a 10 year contract extension for completing a pass over 10 yards.
Reply/Quote
There will be a lot of 'We'd be 5-3 with AJ Green and he's coming back after the Bye!' talk.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
[Image: JrfuntL.gif]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Uz caught at least one.  What did Sample do?

He was sampling the fish and chips, and afternoon tea.

Someone said he's started two games this season, but I can't see that he's actually done anything. I guess the front office listed him as a starter so their draft class wouldn't look so useless.

Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure not much will happen at all save for maybe news about getting some hurt dudes back to practice.

Hell, I'm not sure anything major will happen over the next 10 months save for the obligatory washing, rinsing, and repeating.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:25 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Andy Dalton completed a pass. He's going nowhere. He'll get a 10 year contract extension for completing a pass over 10 yards.

you mean the throw that was badly under thrown to erickson that should have been 6 points?

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 10:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Geeez, hot take...could have legs.  I think Marvin walked away though, the idea that Mike Brown threw Marvin out for failing is more than likely false hope that Bengals fans try to have.  OH yea, Mike Brown is mad and sick of losing...or Katie and Troy are in charge and they're sick of losing.

Yeah, my arse...Marvin was done and walked away.
Reply/Quote
well I can gaurentee the bengals don't lose this next week
Reply/Quote

1.  Zac Taylor will not be fired.
2.  Neither will anybody else.
3.  Andy Dalton will start all sixteen games in 2019.
4.  There will be no pure trades involving the Cincinnati Bengals.
5.  There will be no trades for draft picks involving the Cincinnati Bengals.
6.  The run blocking will not improve.
7.  The pass blocking will get worse.
8.  Defensive line pressure?  Lou Anarumo never heard of it.
9.  The only GM this team will ever have is the Chevy Lumina in Mike Brown’s garage.
11. MB will continue getting the big fat NFL profit sharing check ensuring he can still suck at his job and make money.

Fixed it for ya.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 12:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Geeez, hot take...could have legs.  I think Marvin walked away though, the idea that Mike Brown threw Marvin out for failing is more than likely false hope that Bengals fans try to have.  OH yea, Mike Brown is mad and sick of losing...or Katie and Troy are in charge and they're sick of losing.

Yeah, my arse...Marvin was done and walked away.

Agree

Until I see video evidence that Marvin walked in Mike's office and I hear MB say "Marvin you're fired" I'll never believe it.

It was probably more like:

Marvin " I think I'm done"
Mike "you sure"
Marvin " yes, I'm tired"
Mike "ok, if you're sure"
Marvin " I'm sure"
Mike "alright, I'm gonna let on like you were fired so it will look like I finally grew a pair"
Marvin "whatever"
Reply/Quote

1.  Zac Taylor will not be fired.
2.  Neither will anybody else.
3.  Andy Dalton will start all sixteen games in 2019.
4.  There will be no pure trades involving the Cincinnati Bengals.
5.  There will be no trades for draft picks involving the Cincinnati Bengals.
6.  The run blocking will not improve.
7.  The pass blocking will get worse.
8.  Defensive line pressure?  Lou Anarumo never heard of it.
9.  The only GM this team will ever have is the Chevy Lumina in Mike Brown’s garage.

I'm glad I don't get Bengals games in my local market now nor do I bother going out to deliberately watch them anymore.

If this franchise doesn't make changes, they aren't trying their best to improve. They are only trying to "stick with it" and hope that things improve over time.

There's no reason to care to watch this debacle until they get back to at least 7-9 (unless you're into misery).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote