Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ossai injury update
The more important question is it projected to be a single-game absence or multiple game one leading to a potential IR stint

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That's not good. Hopefully he recovers quickly. With the way he's been progressing I was thinking he was going to be a big contributor to the DL. A high ankle sprain might be a nagging injury all year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
High ankle sprains are usually 3-4 weeks if I’m correct. I’d expect he misses game 1&2
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
High ankle sprain is typically longer in duration, as far as recovery time. Myles Murphy may have to develop a little faster than planned..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sit him until week 3.... need him healthy for the majority of the season
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Get him some of that Mahomes Miracle Salve....
Reply/Quote
If I were the Bengals, I would refuse to play in Washington until they fix their stadium. They are notorious for causing ankle and leg injuries because of their turf.

We never should have played Ossai there, even if he needed the snaps.
Reply/Quote
Depending on seriousness I’d keep him out until the Titans game. Big lad like Ossai will need more time to recover than someone half his size.

This opens the door for Johnson to get on the 53 and take a proper look at him as a pass rusher, Murphy will be on the field but unless the penny drops in the next 2 weeks he’s basically going to be a warm body and work in progress this season.
Reply/Quote
I don’t quite understand the IRs, but I’d put him on that four week one if they can.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
That sucks for Ossai but it could've been worse. I hope they put him on IR and let him get completely healthy and hopefully this will enable us to be able to get Tufele and RJ3 on the 53. I was curious if we would try and work a player for player trade using a DE which if they were thinking that at all this hampers that idea.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 07:12 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Depending on seriousness I’d keep him out until the Titans game. Big lad like Ossai will need more time to recover than someone half his size.

This opens the door for Johnson to get on the 53 and take a proper look at him as a pass rusher, Murphy will be on the field but unless the penny drops in the next 2 weeks he’s basically going to be a warm body and work in progress this season.

Yep. I had Johnson on my 53 anyway. I think he has been the most impressive guy on the bubble. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 08:45 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yep. I had Johnson on my 53 anyway. I think he has been the most impressive guy on the bubble. 

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/raymond-johnson/56356?season=2023&weekGroup=PRE
Reply/Quote
From now on the Coaches need to bubblewrap Ossai and sit him on the bench next to them during all preseason games. So much bubblewrap in fact that he has to be rolled in and out of the locker room to the field. Heck do not even let him get close to the sideline even.

Know most all believe he was in for a great season, hopefully it does not linger and his greatness still comes to fruition.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It's kind of dumb to me that Cordell Volson took 0 preseason snaps and Ossai played tons of snaps in all 3 games. Oh well at least he'll be back relatively soon.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
https://www.orthobullets.com/foot-and-ankle/7029/high-ankle-sprain-and-syndesmosis-injury

Quote:outcomes

- typically display a notoriously prolonged and highly variable recovery period

- recovery may extend to twice that of standard ankle sprain
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 06:46 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: That's not good. Hopefully he recovers quickly. With the way he's been progressing I was thinking he was going to be a big contributor to the DL. A high ankle sprain might be a nagging injury all year.

Not at all.

Ankle sprains don’t do that. When they heal they are usually good. Iv had a bunch in my life from when i tried to become a tap dancing sensation.

I’d say he misses one game.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 10:34 PM)Housh Wrote: Not at all.

Ankle sprains don’t do that. When they heal they are usually good. Iv had a bunch in my life from when i tried to become a tap dancing sensation.

You had a lot of high ankle sprains? Because that would be unusual.

https://www.sportsmd.com/sports-injuries/foot-ankle-injuries/high-ankle-sprain-syndesmotic-sprain/high-ankle-sprain-recovery-time/

“High ankle sprains account for 11 to 17% of all ankle sprains in individuals who compete in sports activities. For reference, approximately 75% of all ankle sprains are lateral ankle sprains.”

“ Notably, the recovery time for high ankle injuries is longer than that for lateral sprains. For example, in a 2014 study, participants with high ankle injuries took 62 days to recover. In contrast, those with lateral ankle sprains took only 15 days.”

“ Individuals with grade I sprain can expect to return to usual activities within 2 to 9 weeks following the injury.”

“According to a 2022 study, the average return to play NFL players with injured high ankles was about 11 weeks”
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 08:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t quite understand the IRs, but I’d put him on that four week one if they can.

Any player put on the IR before the 53 man rosters are set would miss the entire football season so the Bengals cant put him on the IR right now.  

Ossai would need to take a roster spot on the 53 man roster before the Bengals could put him on IR. 

Once Ossai is on the IR he could then be back in 4 weeks and during that 4 week time, his roster spot on the 53 man roster could be given to someone else.
Reply/Quote

Tap dancing a rough gig?
Reply/Quote

This is completely incorrect.

Ankle sprains take many months for the ligaments to tighten back up. 6 months to get back to their previous state. Some are bad enough they require surgery. Less with rehab, but you are better to just break an ankle than you are to sprain it when it comes to recovery time and healing without risk of further injury.

High ankle sprains are NASTY business and worse than just the typical roll your ankle sprain.
Reply/Quote