Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ossai injury update
(08-29-2023, 08:46 AM)PDub80 Wrote: This is completely incorrect.

Ankle sprains take many months for the ligaments to tighten back up. 6 months to get back to their previous state. Some are bad enough they require surgery. Less with rehab, but you are better to just break an ankle than you are to sprain it when it comes to recovery time and healing without risk of further injury.

High ankle sprains are NASTY business and worse than just the typical roll your ankle sprain.

Well,  then the Bengals have to consider IR for Ossai before the 53 is set and thus missing the entire season -- as he did in 2021. If it can take 6 months to get back to the previous state then he'd miss the entire season. Being able to make quick cuts and driving hard against defenders is important for his position. And with the depth that the Bengals have, someone that isn't listed on the 53 may well get snatched by another team.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 08:56 AM)PDub80 Wrote: This is completely incorrect.

Ankle sprains take many months for the ligaments to tighten back up. 6 months to get back to their previous state. Some are bad enough they require surgery. Less with rehab, but you are better to just break an ankle than you are to sprain it when it comes to recovery time and healing without risk of further injury.

High ankle sprains are NASTY business and worse than just the typical roll your ankle sprain.

My Daughter played College Soccer and she had a High ankle sprain and she was out 6 weeks before she got back on the field. Just depends on how bad the ligaments were stretched or torn in the ankle.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 07:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Get him some of that Mahomes Miracle Salve....

Legend has it, if you push a player while out of bounds, and lose a playoff game because of it, you inherit said players injury and it haunts you forever.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 08:55 AM)Nepa Wrote: Well,  then the Bengals have to consider IR for Ossai before the 53 is set and thus missing the entire season -- as he did in 2021. If it can take 6 months to get back to the previous state then he'd miss the entire season. Being able to make quick cuts and driving hard against defenders is important for his position. And with the depth that the Bengals have, someone that isn't listed on the 53 may well get snatched by another team.

looks like the timetable for Murph to produce just got pushed up...sucks about this injury. I hope its only a few weeks. Osai was the one guy thought would be an equalizer this yr VS Browns, Ravens and Steelers..all who have looked to have improved on edge 
Reply/Quote
He’s getting injured a bit too often

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Is this Carl Lawson 2.0? Wasn't he hurt a lot his first couple of years?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 08:55 AM)Nepa Wrote: Well,  then the Bengals have to consider IR for Ossai before the 53 is set and thus missing the entire season -- as he did in 2021. If it can take 6 months to get back to the previous state then he'd miss the entire season. Being able to make quick cuts and driving hard against defenders is important for his position. And with the depth that the Bengals have, someone that isn't listed on the 53 may well get snatched by another team.

(08-29-2023, 09:15 AM)Tomcat Wrote: My Daughter played College Soccer and she had a High ankle sprain and she was out 6 weeks before she got back on the field. Just depends on how bad the ligaments were stretched or torn in the ankle.

I think that with injuries like this - I have had some wicked WICKED ankle sprains playing high level soccer - the rehab program they'll put him through will help a ton to get him on the field.

He will be able to play after a month or so, depending on severity, but for the ligaments to actually tighten back to pre-injury status it will be months. No way around it. This will leave him open to reinjury. He will probably be able to play without pain at some point this season, but I won't be shocked if he is gimpy off and on throughout the year.

The ligaments around the ankle are just lose and weak after a bad sprain and have to (for lack of better words) retract back and fully strengthen. Time is the only thing for that.

6 weeks is pretty fair recover expectation, but with a staff working 24/7 on it with modern technology... and drugs... perhaps he can find the field in 4-5 weeks?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 11:38 AM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Is this Carl Lawson 2.0?   Wasn't he hurt a lot his first couple of years?

Yup!
Reply/Quote
It's just a flesh wound. He'll be alright.

I say put him on short term IR and use the extra roster spot. I'm sure someone else will get injured in the first 4 weeks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
High ankle sprains suck. Man, was hoping Ossai would be our breakout defensive player this year, but if he can't stay
healthy that ain't happenin'. Whatever
Reply/Quote
Most analysts project the AFC North to be the toughest division in the league.Hoping Ossai recovers soon,as we’ll need everyone healthy to win the AFC North division.It’s going to be brutal.
Reply/Quote