Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ossai?
(11-07-2023, 12:31 PM)Synric Wrote: I seen this yesterday I usually don't put much faith in "win rate" stats but it could be just practice and tape earnings Murphy the reps. Cameron Sample is still out snapping both of them. 

It is such a small sample size, it's legitimately not worth bringing up.

Myles Murphy has played 19 snaps on defense since the Bye. I think the only way to get 23.1% out of 19 snaps is if 13 of those 19 snaps were passing plays, and he "won" on 3 of them (23.07% which rounds up to 23.1%).

So the sample size is from "winning" on 3 snaps. Lol. With 0 even QB Hits.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2023, 12:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Unfortunately, I remember a different late-game play on Mahomes last year. 

Both were the last Bengal defensive snap of the game.

Interesting coincidence, isn't it?  Joseph got a lot of love for that first play.  It really was one of our biggest defensive plays of the year.  But after the playoffs most fans had completely forgotten about it. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 02:45 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: He looked like our best pass rusher, actually best defensive player in general.  But, that was preseason and just because someone has a great preseason doesnt mean that will translate into regular season success.  I still would have liked to have seen him on the team to see what he could do in a real game.  I thought for sure he would make the Bengals 53 man roster.  I guess if the Bengals felt like they needed more help with the pass rush from the backups and Ossai wasnt the answer, they could poach Johnson III off the Lions practice squad.  He would obviously need to be on the 53 man roster but that wouldnt be much different than if he had made the 53 man roster out of training camp.

Johnson wasn't a consideration for the 53 with so many players already established above him.  They could not keep more than 5 without removing a spot from another position group.  Trey, Sam, Cam, Ossai, and Murphy were locks at the time.  He and Gunter were the next 2.  All reports have shown we wanted to sign him to the practice squad but after clearing waivers he chose to leave for what seems to be depth issues, which makes sense.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 04:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Seems to me we are playing the 4 starters a lot more than we have the last couple years.

% of snaps played (in games they played)

Hendrickson 
2021: 68%
2022: 65%
2023: 70%

Hubbard
2021: 83%
2022: 82%
2023: 78%

Reader
2021: 59%
2022: 60%
2023: 62%

Hill
2021: Wasn't A Starter
2022: 79%
2023: 73%

- - - - -

Hubbard and Hill are down a little bit, Reader and Hendrickson are up a little bit. None of them are particularly significant differences.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote