Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Osweiler To Browns
When is the last time the browns had a winning season?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:46 PM)Beaker Wrote: When is the last time the browns had a winning season?
Free agency flurry: Moves I love, loathe in NFL's new league year

7) Bengals hemorrhaging talent (again)

Last year, it was Marvin Jones and pro's pro Mohamed Sanu. This year, it's offensive linemen Andrew Whitworth and Kevin Zeitler. Cincy keeps losing really impactful players and good character guys. It's unacceptable.
Whitworth has been one of the best (and most underappreciated) offensive linemen in football in recent years. In the 2015 draft, the Bengals spent their first two picks on offensive tackles (Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher) -- a not-so-subtle indication that they were worried about Whitworth, who turned 35 in December, getting up in years. Whitworth responded by notching first-team All-Pro honors in 2015 and earning Pro Bowl invites in each of the past two seasons. Meanwhile, Zeitler has established himself as one of the better guards in football -- as evidenced by the Browns making the 27-year-old the highest-paid player at the position ($60 million over five years). That's a whole lotta high-grade beef leaving Cincy's O-line.
The Bengals just missed the playoffs for the first time since 2010. Unfortunately, I see them doing so again in 2017.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000792703/article/free-agency-flurry-moves-i-love-loathe-in-nfls-new-league-year
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 08:30 PM)Vambo Wrote: BaylorVamboFree agency flurry: Moves I love, loathe in NFL's new league year

7) Bengals hemorrhaging talent (again)

Last year, it was Marvin Jones and pro's pro Mohamed Sanu. This year, it's offensive linemen Andrew Whitworth and Kevin Zeitler. Cincy keeps losing really impactful players and good character guys. It's unacceptable.
Whitworth has been one of the best (and most underappreciated) offensive linemen in football in recent years. In the 2015 draft, the Bengals spent their first two picks on offensive tackles (Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher) -- a not-so-subtle indication that they were worried about Whitworth, who turned 35 in December, getting up in years. Whitworth responded by notching first-team All-Pro honors in 2015 and earning Pro Bowl invites in each of the past two seasons. Meanwhile, Zeitler has established himself as one of the better guards in football -- as evidenced by the Browns making the 27-year-old the highest-paid player at the position ($60 million over five years). That's a whole lotta high-grade beef leaving Cincy's O-line.
The Bengals just missed the playoffs for the first time since 2010. Unfortunately, I see them doing so again in 2017.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000792703/article/free-agency-flurry-moves-i-love-loathe-in-nfls-new-league-year

Dude, you're a riot.  I'm sure that you're also a legend in your own mind.  The Browns have had 26 picks in the past two drafts..  That's close to almost 2 complete drafts per year, for two years in a row.  You have no room to be bangin' on the Bengals for not being able to pay all of the great talent that they have developed the past several years.

Hell, just take a look at how the Browns have drafted in the 1st round.  They haven't hit on a 1st round pick since Thomas, Mack, and Hayden.

Phil Taylor
DT
Baylor

Trent Richardson
RB
Alabama

Brandon Weeden
QB
Oklahoma State

Barkevious Mingo
OLB
Louisiana State

Justin Gilbert
CB
Oklahoma State

Johnny Manziel
QB
Texas A&M

Danny Shelton
DT
Washington

Cameron Erving
C
Florida State

Corey Coleman
WR

Kind of looks like a who's who of "where are they today?". 

You're just like any other dorky Cleveland fan, probably goobering all over the internet last year about how Tyrell Pryor was going to be the next Randy Moss, take the Browns to the promised land, blah, blah, blah.  Where is Pryor today??  Definitely not a Brown.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 08:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dude, you're a riot.  I'm sure that you're also a legend in your own mind.  The Browns have had 26 picks in the past two drafts..  That's close to almost 2 complete drafts per year, for two years in a row.  You have no room to be bangin' on the Bengals for not being able to pay all of the great talent that they have developed the past several years.

Hell, just take a look at how the Browns have drafted in the 1st round.  They haven't hit on a 1st round pick since Thomas, Mack, and Hayden.

Phil Taylor
DT
Baylor

Trent Richardson
RB
Alabama

Brandon Weeden
QB
Oklahoma State

Barkevious Mingo
OLB
Louisiana State

Justin Gilbert
CB
Oklahoma State

Johnny Manziel
QB
Texas A&M

Danny Shelton
DT
Washington

Cameron Erving
C
Florida State

Corey Coleman
WR

Kind of looks like a who's who of "where are they today?". 

You're just like any other dorky Cleveland fan, probably goobering all over the internet last year about how Tyrell Pryor was going to be the next Randy Moss, take the Browns to the promised land, blah, blah, blah.  Where is Pryor today??  Definitely not a Brown.

When was the last playoff win the Bengals had or when will be the first Championship the Bengals win?  3030?

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 09:04 PM)Vambo Wrote: When was the last playoff win the Bengals had or when will be the first Championship the Bengals win?  3030?

Oh, aren't you such a clever shit talker.  You really put me in my place, how diabolical of you.

Let me ask you a question.  When was the last time that this "new" Browns team won anything?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 09:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let me ask you a question.  When was the last time that this "new" Browns team won anything?

He can't smack...he's a browns fan. He smacks himself just by being one.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 07:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: He can't smack...he's a browns fan. He smacks himself just by being one.

Of course he can't smack.  It's always the same with these Browns fans.  As soon as you remind them that the "team" that they "cheer" for is just an expansion mirage, and that their actual team is now in Baltimore with a different nickname, they always go silent.  Likely crying themselves to sleep..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 09:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, aren't you such a clever shit talker.  You really put me in my place, how diabolical of you.

Answer my questions and I'll answer yours.  Don't be a Beaker [Image: 40fecbb8716f6d0988dc_3.jpg]and dodge the questions.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 07:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: , and that their actual team is now in Baltimore with a different nickname,

So the Browns not only beat you in Cleveland they continue to BEAT you PLAYING in Baltimore! [Image: bafbe3c401759902c8c9_1.gif]

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 07:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of course he can't smack.  It's always the same with these Browns fans.  As soon as you remind them that the "team" that they "cheer" for is just an expansion mirage, and that their actual team is now in Baltimore with a different nickname, they always go silent.  Likely crying themselves to sleep..

He exemplifies the anger, frustration and lack of general intelligence of browns fans.
Reply/Quote