2018 (6-10 disaster finish w/ injuries)
29.03%
9 29.03%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other 5-4 starts in team history
(11-11-2021, 06:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is team is very inconsistent, as it appears the rest of the AFC is, lest we forget. It's been a weird year...

Yep, the AFC is still very much wide open. 11 teams currently have a winning record and with the Colts being 4-5, 12 teams are in legitimate playoff contention. Add in that 8 of the 12 have had back to back losses at one point, and 6 have had a blow out loss, including each of the top 3 teams currently...it's been a wild ride so far in the AFC.

I get that some are really down because the Bengals got blown out and have lost 2 straight, but if they look at the big picture...it's not like they're alone among winning teams that have done that in the AFC this year. 

Like you said, the conference as a whole has been inconsistent. That's why I still feel pretty good about there chances over these last 8 games, even though some have already written them off.
Reply/Quote
I went 1989 8-8 no playoffs and that's me trying to be optimistic. I think our problems the last 2 games are almost all coaching and I don't know how you overcome that so I could see us finish worse.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 08:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: It was high theater...lol. 

Sam was a character.  

Speaking of characters, this reminded me of Forrest Gregg leaving tickets for Jennifer Marlowe (Lonnie Anderson's character on WKRP in Cincinnati) at will-call.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
No time to be negative. SUPERBOWLZ!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 08:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No time to be negative. SUPERBOWLZ!!!

[Image: c713f7ce601aa4f73cf4928ed03c67b8.jpeg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 09:14 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: [Image: c713f7ce601aa4f73cf4928ed03c67b8.jpeg]
[Image: 2d2db190947713b41863c2fd0f14e4c5.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It’s hard to get past losing to the Jets and getting pummeled by the Browns. Losing to the Browns isn’t awful but getting trounced is.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 09:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s hard to get past losing to the Jets and getting pummeled by the Browns. Losing to the Browns isn’t awful but getting trounced is.

Titans lost to the Jets.
Bills lost to the Jags.
Raiders lost to Bears and Giants.
Browns lost 3 of 4 before beating Bengals.
Chargers put 47 on Browns, then got blown out by Ravens and lost at home to the Pats.
Steelers started the year 1-3 and lost by 14 at home to the Bengals.
Ravens barely beat the Lions, got blown out by the Bengals and gave up 34 their next game.

That's just a few examples of how wild the AFC has been this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 10:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Titans lost to the Jets.
Bills lost to the Jags.
Chargers put 47 on Browns, then got blown out by Ravens and lost at home to the Pats.
Ravens barely beat the Lions, got blown out by the Bengals and gave up 34 their next game.

Don’t be using your fancy math to try to give me hope.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Bills lost to the Jags.

Ravens are losing to Jacoby Brissett and the Dolphins tonight, just to add another to your list. We are very much in this.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
That Ravens win is looking less and less impressive
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 09:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s hard to get past losing to the Jets and getting pummeled by the Browns. Losing to the Browns isn’t awful but getting trounced is.

Ive seen many blowouts by Bengal teams. We were closer than the score indicated. A missed tackle here a dropped pass here. Saftey making a wrong read. It was a bunch of little things they all added up.
Reply/Quote
'88 was my first year of fandom and I suffered in the '90s. I'm a cynical, beat down Bengals fan because of the '90, so I had to vote for the disaster outcome. I don't want it as the outcome and I want to be wrong. I want to be a positive fan: Zac COY, Burrow MVP, Chase ROY, best def ever!

Prove me wrong Bengals, make me look like a bitter, wrong, & useless forum poster.
Reply/Quote
I went with '73 as I think we can win 10 games with the extra game this year. Might not win a playoff game even
though I think this needs to happen so frickin' bad to help us fans out. Been way too damn long.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I went with '73 as I think we can win 10 games with the extra game this year. Might not win a playoff game even
though I think this needs to happen so frickin' bad to help us fans out. Been way too damn long.

Hell, many posters here likely weren't alive the last time a Bengals team experienced playoff victory.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 10:21 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: That Ravens win is looking less and less impressive

Well that's one way of looking at it.

I'm just happy a division foe lost, which helps us a great deal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 03:26 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Hell, many posters here likely weren't alive the last time a Bengals team experienced playoff victory.

alive yes...  paying any attention to football no... i was like 7 lol
Reply/Quote
Let's also not diminish the W against the Ravens since it was in Baltimore. Even if the Ravens aren't Super Bowl bound, it was an earned victory by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Bills lost to the Jags.

its not always who you are playing but When as well
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 04:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: alive yes...  paying any attention to football no... i was like 7 lol

Exactly what I was going to say.

I was 9, so I was too busy practicing "karate" with friends, watching Ninja Turtles, playing with legos and Mario Bros, etc. LOL

At that time, I just knew football as something my Dad watched on TV.
Reply/Quote