Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Approach PFN Mock
It seems everyone has us taking Sewell or Chase and the only real scenario I have seen from the media if both of these prospects are gone is Pitts, which for the record I hate as an idea. So, in this mock both were off the board at 5 so I decided to take a far more drastic approach and made several trades back ending up at #24 but acquiring some very instrumental selections from the second round down. Don't panic at the first selection! Look at the entire draft and see if you don't think it is a great core building draft.

Round 1 - 24th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.cA6XQJ6vFRD2G8kkzJONyAHaFR&pid...=244&h=174]

Gregory Rousseau - DE - Miami; Fla. - 6'7" 265

Yes he is still raw and learning many of the finer points of the position. Yes this could be a boom or bust proposition but his ceiling is extremely high. He has shown the ability to move around on the DL and rush from different positions. A pure athlete that with a bit of patience can become a game changing pass rusher.

Round 2 - 38th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.DOY7Yba9jqKeArA-De3QBQHaE7&pid...=269&h=180]

Jaylen Mayfield - OT - Xichigan - 6'5" 320

Meet your new day 1 starting RT and one that should man the position for many years. Mayfield should step in immediately as he is a very technically sound prospect that absolutely would have the ability to move to the left side and play it at a high level if needed to.

Round 2 - 45th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.pu6U0YVdVxaMO5Sn0nyUswHaE8&pid...=261&h=175]

Greg Newsome - CB - Northwestern - 6'1" 190

Newsome brings the entire package to the game. He is long with a solid build. Great movement and very fluid in and out of breaks. Short area quickness to match with long speed. The bonus is coming out of Northwestern you know he is a high IQ player that was well coached. I see him taking the field on day 1 and having an immediate impact.

Round 2 - 55th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.FaCPtrpo6of_jOAtvyQ9tgHaE8&pid...=252&h=169]

Liam Eichenberg - OT - Notre Dame - 6'6" 305

You met your starting RT earlier now meet your starting LT. I do not understand why so many have Liam down this far in the draft but it is a great day for the Bengals and Joe Burrow when he is. He is a very athletic LT that is extremely strong and a big impact run blocker. While run blocking may be his claim to fame his pass protection is not a weakness and he is experienced blocking for a QB that moves around and extends the pocket. Eichenberg should be day 1 plug and play.

Round 3 - 87th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.mDairI8Hyjr2E7548dH7AAHaE8&pid...=253&h=170]

Marlon Tuipulotu - DT - USC - 6'3" 305

Day 1 three down DT. Marlon can play multiple techniques and should be the perfect compliment to line up beside DJ Reader. He brings an all around complete game and plays equally as strong in the pass rush as he does against the run. Geno has not been able to raise the level of his game back to what it was pre-injuries and Marlon eases the pain of parting ways with Atkins.

Round 4 - 106th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.rkCRBlZEST6W-uaZb87TBQHaE7&pid...=270&h=181]

Nico Collins - WR - Xichigan - 6'4" 215

I have a hard time believing Collins will be here at this point but I have seen far stranger things happen in the draft. If he is here then I would not hesitate in making the selection. By all accounts Collins is a great character player that is very humble and extremely hard working. He does not have blazing speed but has good burst and is quick in and out of breaks which compliment his great size and very good hands. Give Burrow another very dependable big bodied target that can win 50/50 balls.

Round 4 - 111th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.8I5fjuo_lpEbGjv-Bba87gHaEK&pid...=289&h=163]

Trill Williams - CB - Syracuse - 6'2" 198

Williams was a consistent and versatile DB for the Orangeman defense. Experienced at boundary and slot CB as well as safety. I believe this best position and highest ceiling at the NFL level will be as a boundary CB and he brings very good skills and great size for the position. There are some areas of his game to polish up but that should come with NFL coaching. I feel he will be a presence in his first season as a dependable backup and really good ST performer. However, he I believe he projects as a very solid NFL starter sooner than later.

Round 5 - 169th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.JS5EokMoMRNlqMldbR-vNgHaD4&pid...=313&h=165]

Janarius Robinson - DE - Florida State - 6'5" 266

You can't ever have too many good CBs or pass rushers at the NFL level. Oddly enough with the athletic gifts that Robinson has he has matured faster as a run defender than a pass rusher. However, the tools and traits are there to develop into a high quality pass rusher as well. I have read from several pundits that feel Robinson will actually be a better NFL player than he was a collegiate player. He will take some patience and developing but has a very high ceiling.

Round 5 - 184th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.k549tS9pJswuP3Yv5V-c5AHaE8&pid...=235&h=157]

Alaric Jackson - T/G - Iowa - 6'6" 315

Jackson comes from the O line factory that is Iowa. While he manned the LT position I believe his future in the NFL is in making a move to the inside. Ideally I would see Jackson starting at RG for the Bengals using his great strength and mauling mentality to improve the interior of our O line. However, Jackson brings position versatility and depth at the RT position which I believe he could be a starting NFL RT. I think with a move to the interior Jackson is a day 1 starter at RG.

Round 6 - 192nd overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.nazQhAPwThaYr7AIMAQNXQHaE8&pid...=272&h=182]

Tommy Doyle - OT - Miami; Oh. - 6'8" 326

This is more of a selection for future consideration. I see Doyle as a practice squad player that Pollack can work to develop. Playing for Miami of Ohio you know the kid is smart. He is huge and strong and experienced at LT and RT. There is nothing in his game that would lead you to believe that he could not develop into a quality NFL starter or worst case an extremely reliable backup swing tackle.

Round 7 - 231st overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.up1nzuc6jGEiror7SazzwwHaFR&pid...=216&h=155]

Jose Borregales - K - Miami; Fla. - 5'10" 205

Draft him and make the job his. He is ultra accurate and has shown a pretty darn big leg at the collegiate level with a long of 57 yards.

Round 7 - 233rd overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.Szv86jRIK4ShBByEJLIHSAHaEK&pid...=273&h=154]

Olijiah Griffin - CB - USC - 6'0" 175

Griffin has battled some injuries while at USC and they will need to be thorough in checking his medical but definitely worth the risk at this point. If not for the injuries then I believe Griffin is talked about much higher than this in the draft. He will need to add some bulk as he is a bit sleight of build but should not be an issue. I believe if healthy that Griffin projects as a starting outside CB at the NFL level within 2 years.

Round 7 - 241st overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.QBkcumOX0RmFddzOY7bSyQHaFn&pid...=200&h=152]

Brennan Eagles - WR - Texas - 6'4" 225

Eagles is a big sure handed receiver that could be a development project for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 10:36 PM)OSUfan Wrote: It seems everyone has us taking Sewell or Chase and the only real scenario I have seen from the media if both of these prospects are gone is Pitts, which for the record I hate as an idea. So, in this mock both were off the board at 5 so I decided to take a far more drastic approach and made several trades back ending up at #24 but acquiring some very instrumental selections from the second round down. Don't panic at the first selection! Look at the entire draft and see if you don't think it is a great core building draft.

Round 1 - 24th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.cA6XQJ6vFRD2G8kkzJONyAHaFR&pid...=244&h=174]

Gregory Rousseau - DE - Miami; Fla. - 6'7" 265

Yes he is still raw and learning many of the finer points of the position. Yes this could be a boom or bust proposition but his ceiling is extremely high. He has shown the ability to move around on the DL and rush from different positions. A pure athlete that with a bit of patience can become a game changing pass rusher.

Round 2 - 38th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.DOY7Yba9jqKeArA-De3QBQHaE7&pid...=269&h=180]

Jaylen Mayfield - OT - Xichigan - 6'5" 320

Meet your new day 1 starting RT and one that should man the position for many years. Mayfield should step in immediately as he is a very technically sound prospect that absolutely would have the ability to move to the left side and play it at a high level if needed to.

Round 2 - 45th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.pu6U0YVdVxaMO5Sn0nyUswHaE8&pid...=261&h=175]

Greg Newsome - CB - Northwestern - 6'1" 190

Newsome brings the entire package to the game. He is long with a solid build. Great movement and very fluid in and out of breaks. Short area quickness to match with long speed. The bonus is coming out of Northwestern you know he is a high IQ player that was well coached. I see him taking the field on day 1 and having an immediate impact.

Round 2 - 55th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.FaCPtrpo6of_jOAtvyQ9tgHaE8&pid...=252&h=169]

Liam Eichenberg - OT - Notre Dame - 6'6" 305

You met your starting RT earlier now meet your starting LT. I do not understand why so many have Liam down this far in the draft but it is a great day for the Bengals and Joe Burrow when he is. He is a very athletic LT that is extremely strong and a big impact run blocker. While run blocking may be his claim to fame his pass protection is not a weakness and he is experienced blocking for a QB that moves around and extends the pocket. Eichenberg should be day 1 plug and play.

Round 3 - 87th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.mDairI8Hyjr2E7548dH7AAHaE8&pid...=253&h=170]

Marlon Tuipulotu - DT - USC - 6'3" 305

Day 1 three down DT. Marlon can play multiple techniques and should be the perfect compliment to line up beside DJ Reader. He brings an all around complete game and plays equally as strong in the pass rush as he does against the run. Geno has not been able to raise the level of his game back to what it was pre-injuries and Marlon eases the pain of parting ways with Atkins.

Round 4 - 106th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.rkCRBlZEST6W-uaZb87TBQHaE7&pid...=270&h=181]

Nico Collins - WR - Xichigan - 6'4" 215

I have a hard time believing Collins will be here at this point but I have seen far stranger things happen in the draft. If he is here then I would not hesitate in making the selection. By all accounts Collins is a great character player that is very humble and extremely hard working. He does not have blazing speed but has good burst and is quick in and out of breaks which compliment his great size and very good hands. Give Burrow another very dependable big bodied target that can win 50/50 balls.

Round 4 - 111th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.8I5fjuo_lpEbGjv-Bba87gHaEK&pid...=289&h=163]

Trill Williams - CB - Syracuse - 6'2" 198

Williams was a consistent and versatile DB for the Orangeman defense. Experienced at boundary and slot CB as well as safety. I believe this best position and highest ceiling at the NFL level will be as a boundary CB and he brings very good skills and great size for the position. There are some areas of his game to polish up but that should come with NFL coaching. I feel he will be a presence in his first season as a dependable backup and really good ST performer. However, he I believe he projects as a very solid NFL starter sooner than later.

Round 5 - 169th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.JS5EokMoMRNlqMldbR-vNgHaD4&pid...=313&h=165]

Janarius Robinson - DE - Florida State - 6'5" 266

You can't ever have too many good CBs or pass rushers at the NFL level. Oddly enough with the athletic gifts that Robinson has he has matured faster as a run defender than a pass rusher. However, the tools and traits are there to develop into a high quality pass rusher as well. I have read from several pundits that feel Robinson will actually be a better NFL player than he was a collegiate player. He will take some patience and developing but has a very high ceiling.

Round 5 - 184th overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.k549tS9pJswuP3Yv5V-c5AHaE8&pid...=235&h=157]

Alaric Jackson - T/G - Iowa - 6'6" 315

Jackson comes from the O line factory that is Iowa. While he manned the LT position I believe his future in the NFL is in making a move to the inside. Ideally I would see Jackson starting at RG for the Bengals using his great strength and mauling mentality to improve the interior of our O line. However, Jackson brings position versatility and depth at the RT position which I believe he could be a starting NFL RT. I think with a move to the interior Jackson is a day 1 starter at RG.

Round 6 - 192nd overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.nazQhAPwThaYr7AIMAQNXQHaE8&pid...=272&h=182]

Tommy Doyle - OT - Miami; Oh. - 6'8" 326

This is more of a selection for future consideration. I see Doyle as a practice squad player that Pollack can work to develop. Playing for Miami of Ohio you know the kid is smart. He is huge and strong and experienced at LT and RT. There is nothing in his game that would lead you to believe that he could not develop into a quality NFL starter or worst case an extremely reliable backup swing tackle.

Round 7 - 231st overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.up1nzuc6jGEiror7SazzwwHaFR&pid...=216&h=155]

Jose Borregales - K - Miami; Fla. - 5'10" 205

Draft him and make the job his. He is ultra accurate and has shown a pretty darn big leg at the collegiate level with a long of 57 yards.

Round 7 - 233rd overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.Szv86jRIK4ShBByEJLIHSAHaEK&pid...=273&h=154]

Olijiah Griffin - CB - USC - 6'0" 175

Griffin has battled some injuries while at USC and they will need to be thorough in checking his medical but definitely worth the risk at this point. If not for the injuries then I believe Griffin is talked about much higher than this in the draft. He will need to add some bulk as he is a bit sleight of build but should not be an issue. I believe if healthy that Griffin projects as a starting outside CB at the NFL level within 2 years.

Round 7 - 241st overall selection

[Image: th?id=OIP.QBkcumOX0RmFddzOY7bSyQHaFn&pid...=200&h=152]

Brennan Eagles - WR - Texas - 6'4" 225

Eagles is a big sure handed receiver that could be a development project for the Bengals.
Looks pretty decent. Kinda hoped you picked a pass catching TE like Yeboah in the 4th or 5th. Also, Doyle doesn't really fit the scheme we're going to be running.

Listed at a massive 6-foot-8 and 326 pounds, Doyle is a massive human being with the potential to win in the phone booth at the next level. His ideal fit would be a team who is a predominantly pass-first team like the Kansas City Chiefs, who do not ask their offensive linemen to get wide or up the field frequently.

He has a smooth pass set and strong hands, proving to be a fun run blocker as well as strong pass protector. While he does not have the world’s most mobility or athletic ability, he will be a fit with any team not running a wide zone offensive system.
Reply/Quote